    free, but not much out there is. Any suggestions on what tool(s) to
    look for?

    , Sep 27, 2005

  2. John Holmes Guest

    blabbered in alt.computer:

    > hello, I'm not sure if this would be the right group to post to, if not
    > which would you suggest?
    >
    > if this is the right place then here's my question.
    > I'm a network admin at a school with a fairly large network, which alot
    > of students connect to with their own personal laptops. my problem is
    > that I need to know which ones of these are running windows 98. So
    > what I'm looking for is a network scanner of some sort. Everything
    > I've tried so far either won't tell me which version of windows is
    > running, only that it's windows, or is a linux based program, and I'm
    > running a windows network. if at all possible I would like something
    > free, but not much out there is. Any suggestions on what tool(s) to
    > look for?

    BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAA!!!! A network admin, you say? BWAHAHAHAHAHAAAA!! A
    network n00b who doesn't know what his clients are doing, that's what you
    are. I guess all of your servers are being hacked already and everyone in
    the school knows the administrator password and they all are laughing at
    you, you moron. You fucking ****, tell your boss to hire someone who
    knows at least a little bit about networks. And for you? Please go back
    to a job cleaning the toilets in the school. Orally, you fucking idiot.

    --
    Your mother was a bearded buffoon who prostituted herself in an
    inflatable dingy.

    John Holmes, Sep 27, 2005

  3. Guest

    John Holmes wrote:
    > blabbered in alt.computer:
    >
    > > hello, I'm not sure if this would be the right group to post to, if not
    > > which would you suggest?
    > >
    > > if this is the right place then here's my question.
    > > I'm a network admin at a school with a fairly large network, which alot
    > > of students connect to with their own personal laptops. my problem is
    > > that I need to know which ones of these are running windows 98. So
    > > what I'm looking for is a network scanner of some sort. Everything
    > > I've tried so far either won't tell me which version of windows is
    > > running, only that it's windows, or is a linux based program, and I'm
    > > running a windows network. if at all possible I would like something
    > > free, but not much out there is. Any suggestions on what tool(s) to
    > > look for?
    > >

    > BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAA!!!! A network admin, you say? BWAHAHAHAHAHAAAA!! A
    > network n00b who doesn't know what his clients are doing, that's what you
    > are. I guess all of your servers are being hacked already and everyone in
    > the school knows the administrator password and they all are laughing at
    > you, you moron. You fucking ****, tell your boss to hire someone who
    > knows at least a little bit about networks. And for you? Please go back
    > to a job cleaning the toilets in the school. Orally, you fucking idiot.
    >
    > --
    > Your mother was a bearded buffoon who prostituted herself in an
    > inflatable dingy.

    hmmm, I had always heard that the best proof of a persons ignorance is
    if they could not contribute any useful information to a dialog.... I
    suppose it's true. If you don't have any information for me then why
    reply? Why don't you go take out your negative feelings on a treadmill
    or something. It would definatly be more profitable, and besides, the
    whole "I'm a 1337 hax0r" image just doesn't fit you.

    , Sep 28, 2005
  4. John Holmes Guest

    blabbered in alt.computer:

    > John Holmes wrote:
    >> blabbered in alt.computer:
    >>
    >> > hello, I'm not sure if this would be the right group to post to, if
    >> > not which would you suggest?
    >> >
    >> > if this is the right place then here's my question.
    >> > I'm a network admin at a school with a fairly large network, which
    >> > alot of students connect to with their own personal laptops. my
    >> > problem is that I need to know which ones of these are running
    >> > windows 98. So what I'm looking for is a network scanner of some
    >> > sort. Everything I've tried so far either won't tell me which
    >> > version of windows is running, only that it's windows, or is a
    >> > linux based program, and I'm running a windows network. if at all
    >> > possible I would like something free, but not much out there is.
    >> > Any suggestions on what tool(s) to look for?
    >> >

    >> BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAA!!!! A network admin, you say? BWAHAHAHAHAHAAAA!!
    >> A network n00b who doesn't know what his clients are doing, that's
    >> what you are. I guess all of your servers are being hacked already
    >> and everyone in the school knows the administrator password and they
    >> all are laughing at you, you moron. You fucking ****, tell your boss
    >> to hire someone who knows at least a little bit about networks. And
    >> for you? Please go back to a job cleaning the toilets in the school.
    >> Orally, you fucking idiot.
    >>
    >> --
    >> Your mother was a bearded buffoon who prostituted herself in an
    >> inflatable dingy.

    > hmmm, I had always heard that the best proof of a persons ignorance is
    > if they could not contribute any useful information to a dialog.... I
    > suppose it's true. If you don't have any information for me then why
    > reply? Why don't you go take out your negative feelings on a
    > treadmill or something. It would definatly be more profitable, and
    > besides, the whole "I'm a 1337 hax0r" image just doesn't fit you.

    You fucking ****. If you truly are a network admin you should know about
    those network scanners (revealing the clients OS's) you can find on the
    internet within seconds. Also, if you truly are a network admin you
    should know that when you run a W2000/2003 domain environment there is a
    way to see what OS's the clients use. That is, if you have access to the
    server(s). Since you obviously have absolutely no knowledge whatsoever of
    the methods mentioned, I just had to come to the conclusion that you are
    not a network admin but just a mental toilet cleaner.

    HTH, HAND and get fucked.

    --
    Your mother was a lusty crackpot-religion devotee who liked to exchange
    kicks and punches in an industrial mining complex.

    John Holmes, Sep 28, 2005