    2002 and interestingly enough the 'last update' is showing as December 29th.
    Any idea what this last update (via whois) could mean??

    TIA
    Friar Tuck, Jan 1, 2004

  2. Friar Tuck

    jeroen Guest

    In article <3ff49801$0$18030$>,
    says...
    > The one in question was registered in June 2000, has a renewal date of June
    > 2002 and interestingly enough the 'last update' is showing as December 29th.
    > Any idea what this last update (via whois) could mean??

    when anything changes a last update is shown. could be that the hosting
    company has ypdated something.

    Domains generally become available a few weeks after they expire.
    Although a good hosting company can sometimes claim a domain immediately
    after it expires.
    --
    Met vriendelijke groeten/Best regards
    Jeroen Wijnands
    jeroen, Jan 2, 2004

  3. Friar Tuck

    Ed Pulliam Guest

    On January 01 2004, "Friar Tuck" <> wrote:
    > Any idea what this last update (via whois) could mean??

    The quote is the only part of your post I can answer. It's just the
    last time the whois site updated against the database. Don't infer
    anything else from it.

    --
    - Ed Pulliam
    Ed Pulliam, Jan 2, 2004