    the strap that comes with it, but want a short extendable clip that will
    quickly attach and detach it. Anybody know where to buy or have made one of
    these?
    Billy, May 7, 2005

  2. Billy

    © John © Guest

    Try, http://www.optechusa.com/category/second/?CATEGORY_ID=4
    © John ©, May 7, 2005

  3. Billy

    Robert Barr Guest

    © John © wrote:
    > "Billy" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>I'm looking for a quick-connect/disconnect strap for the D70. I want to
    >>use the strap that comes with it, but want a short extendable clip that
    >>will quickly attach and detach it. Anybody know where to buy or have made
    >>one of these?
    >>

    > Try, http://www.optechusa.com/category/second/?CATEGORY_ID=4

    Take a look at the Classic Strap on this page. Note that on the
    couplers, one's male and one's female. This way, you can disconnect the
    main length of the strap and couple the two connectors, forming a
    quick-carry strap.

    You'd think this would be common, but most straps I looked at were the
    same gender at each end. Pretty useless!

    Robert Barr, May 7, 2005
  4. Billy

    [BnH] Guest

    as other have replied.
    just use the Op/tech strap .. I always use a Pro Loop [not Pro Strap] and
    never wanted to settle for less :)

    =bob=

    [BnH], May 7, 2005
  5. Billy

    Paul Rubin Guest

    "[BnH]" <b18[at]ii[dot]net> writes:
    > just use the Op/tech strap .. I always use a Pro Loop [not Pro Strap] and
    > never wanted to settle for less :)

    I agree with this, for a heavy camera like the D70, the Optech straps
    are marvelous. They're not exaggerating when they say the neoprene
    strap makes the camera weigh half as much.
    Paul Rubin, May 7, 2005
  6. Billy

    Billy Guest

    I can't see from the online picture how the Op strap connects. Can you tell
    me?

    Billy, May 7, 2005
  7. Billy

    Paul Rubin Guest

    "Billy" <> writes:
    > I can't see from the online picture how the Op strap connects. Can you tell
    > me?

    There's the usual little narrow strap ends that you fasten to the
    camera's strap lugs, and then there are fastex connectors (like on
    backpacks) that let you disconnect the narrow strap ends from the
    main part of the strap.
    Paul Rubin, May 7, 2005
  8. Billy

    Doug Warner Guest

    Here's a quick release I made for a Canon hand strap:
    http://webpages.charter.net/dwarner2/straps.jpg

    The "hardware" came from a small pet collar. Visit your local pet
    supply store.

    To reply, please remove one letter from each side of "@"
    Spammers are VERMIN. Please kill them all.
    Doug Warner, May 8, 2005
  9. "Billy" <> writes:

    > I'm looking for a quick-connect/disconnect strap for the D70. I want to use
    > the strap that comes with it, but want a short extendable clip that will
    > quickly attach and detach it. Anybody know where to buy or have made one of
    > these?

    I found my local hardware store has quick release key rings (ie, two rings
    joined by a QR mechanism, so you can give the valet the car keys, but keep the
    other keys presumably) for ~ $1, and I bought enough for my three cameras, and
    all of my neck and wrist straps, so depending on the situation, I can easily
    switch them around.

    --
    Michael Meissner
    email: