    that they give you?

    Hooray!

    Gary Swann MCDST, MCP

    Gary Swann, Apr 15, 2007

  2. Gary Swann

    TheITGirl Guest

    "Gary Swann" wrote:

    > ....I passed the 70-271 - and on my 50th birthday - thereby giving this old
    > coffin-dodger the MCDST.
    >
    > I must say I found it harder than the 70-272 but am delighted. You might be
    > interested to know that I went for an interview as a Technical Support
    > Analyst for a small IT company and told them I had booked the two exams.
    > Before I had even passed, I got the job and start tomorrow Monday 16th.
    > Very nice.
    >
    > A question please. Do you get MCDST certificates or just the slips of paper
    > that they give you?
    >
    > Hooray!
    >
    > Gary Swann MCDST, MCP

    Well done Gary! Good luck in the new job! You must be over the moon!

    You have to request the MCDST Certificate from the MCP website - you will in
    due course get an e-mail from Microsoft containing a link for you to follow.

    Regards.

    IT Girl MCDST

    TheITGirl, Apr 15, 2007

  3. Gary Swann

    Bob ONeill Guest

    Hi Gary,

    Congrats on passing! I passed this exam in 10/04, and at that time I got
    several things:

    1. the slip of paper (which you should save)
    2. the MCP "credit card"
    3. the Charter Member MCDST card (for the first 5000 folks who passed the
    tests)
    4. a certificate suitable for framing
    5. access to the MCP website, where you can access other training related
    topics and view your transcripts

    Not sure how long it takes to reach the 5000 point, so you may get the same
    stuff I did (including the charter member card!)

    Of course, Microsoft also reserves the right to change thier cert awards, so
    everything I shared here just might be irrelevant.

    Lastly I'm 41 and full stride in my mid-life crisis...with one of my chief
    worries being i'll never find I.T. work beyond 50 (i dont see very many 50
    year old I.T. folks out there...unless they're in management)...so it's
    great to see that i will still get I.T. work in my 50s! that's for the bump
    in spirit today!!

    Bob ONeill, Apr 15, 2007
  4. "Gary Swann" <> wrote in message

    > ...I passed the 70-271 - and on my 50th birthday - thereby giving this old
    > coffin-dodger the MCDST.
    >
    > I must say I found it harder than the 70-272 but am delighted. You might be
    > interested to know that I went for an interview as a Technical Support
    > Analyst for a small IT company and told them I had booked the two exams.
    > Before I had even passed, I got the job and start tomorrow Monday 16th.
    > Very nice.
    >
    > A question please. Do you get MCDST certificates or just the slips of paper
    > that they give you?
    >
    > Hooray!
    >
    > Gary Swann MCDST, MCP

    Good job... Now roll up your sleeves and start helping! :) Again,
    congratulations!
    --
    Michael D. Alligood, MCSA, MCDST
    CertGuard - http://www.certguard.com

    Michael D. Alligood, Apr 15, 2007
  5. Gary Swann

    Gary Swann Guest

    Thanks IT Girl, I'll look out for it.

    Cheers

    Gary

    Gary Swann, Apr 15, 2007
  6. Gary Swann

    Gary Swann Guest

    Hi Bob,

    Thanks for that. Please also bear in mind that 50 is the new 40, so 41 must
    be about the mid-thirties.

    Cheers

    Gary

    Gary Swann, Apr 15, 2007
  7. Gary Swann

    Gary Swann Guest

    Michael, I'm helpin' - I've answered one ;-)

    Best wishes

    Gary

    Gary Swann, Apr 15, 2007
  8. "Gary Swann" <> wrote in message

    > Michael, I'm helpin' - I've answered one ;-)
    >
    > Best wishes
    >
    > Gary

    > > "Gary Swann" <> wrote in message
    > >
    > >> ...I passed the 70-271 - and on my 50th birthday - thereby giving this
    > >> old
    > >> coffin-dodger the MCDST.

    BTW, Happy Belated Birthday.

    Michael D. Alligood, Apr 15, 2007
  9. Gary Swann

    kenklec Guest

    I'm also 41, hope to be MCDST and MCSA before I turn 42.

    There are over 26,000 MCDST's
    see http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/certified.mspx

    kenklec, Apr 17, 2007