    be infinitely grateful. Please reply here with a link, or email me at
    "Killian2422 at yahoo. com".

    THANK YOU!
    Killian, Dec 3, 2004

  2. Killian

    Pete S. Guest

    On 3 Dec 2004 01:20:20 -0800, (Killian) wrote:

    >If you own Canon's Selphy CP400 printer, please *PLEASE* drop me a
    >line.
    >
    >I just bought one as a girlfriend's birthday present, but my
    >not-so-reputable vendor lost the manual/CD-ROM bundle. Canon in its
    >massive, lumbering, stupid stubbornness has not posted the driver on
    >their website. Since my vendor is dragging its heels, I'm stuck with
    >an expensive paperweight.
    >
    >If you have a copy of the Mac OS X Canon Selphy CP400 driver, I would
    >be infinitely grateful. Please reply here with a link, or email me at
    >"Killian2422 at yahoo. com".
    >
    >THANK YOU!

    Lets recap.

    You bought a printer without manuals or CD rom, and it's the fault of
    Canon for not having them on a web site.

    Hmmmm.

    So just who is lumbering and stupid? And are you sure you bought it?

    Pete S.

    www.derwentelec.clara.co.uk
    Pete S., Dec 3, 2004

  3. On Fri, 03 Dec 2004 10:57:15 GMT,
    uk (Pete S.)
    wrote:

    >On 3 Dec 2004 01:20:20 -0800, (Killian) wrote:
    >
    >>If you own Canon's Selphy CP400 printer, please *PLEASE* drop me a
    >>line.
    >>
    >>I just bought one as a girlfriend's birthday present, but my
    >>not-so-reputable vendor lost the manual/CD-ROM bundle. Canon in its
    >>massive, lumbering, stupid stubbornness has not posted the driver on
    >>their website. Since my vendor is dragging its heels, I'm stuck with
    >>an expensive paperweight.
    >>
    >>If you have a copy of the Mac OS X Canon Selphy CP400 driver, I would
    >>be infinitely grateful. Please reply here with a link, or email me at
    >>"Killian2422 at yahoo. com".
    >>
    >>THANK YOU!

    >Lets recap.
    >
    >You bought a printer without manuals or CD rom, and it's the fault of
    >Canon for not having them on a web site.
    >
    >Hmmmm.
    >
    >So just who is lumbering and stupid? And are you sure you bought it?
    >

    >Pete S.
    >
    >www.derwentelec.clara.co.uk

    I am the proud possesor of a cp 400. I have the common sense to mark
    all my valuables using the proper tool, placing my driver licence
    number on the items. That is according to the Neighbourhood Watch.
    Windows have warnings that all item of value are so marked.

    Additionally we have a very playful German Sheherd who will make mince
    meat of any intruder. The advantage is that we do not get any
    "not-so-reputable vendor" restocking for the Christmas rush. Also we
    do not dish out the drivers for the very New CD-400.

    B.Pedersen Latitude -31,48.21 Longitude115,47.40 Time=GMT+8.00
    If you are curious look here http://www.mapquest.com/maps/latlong.adp
    nesredep egrob, Dec 4, 2004
  4. Killian

    Killian Guest

    uk (Pete S.) wrote in message news:<>...
    > On 3 Dec 2004 01:20:20 -0800, (Killian) wrote:
    >
    > >If you own Canon's Selphy CP400 printer, please *PLEASE* drop me a
    > >line.
    > >
    > >I just bought one as a girlfriend's birthday present, but my
    > >not-so-reputable vendor lost the manual/CD-ROM bundle. Canon in its
    > >massive, lumbering, stupid stubbornness has not posted the driver on
    > >their website. Since my vendor is dragging its heels, I'm stuck with
    > >an expensive paperweight.
    > >
    > >If you have a copy of the Mac OS X Canon Selphy CP400 driver, I would
    > >be infinitely grateful. Please reply here with a link, or email me at
    > >"Killian2422 at yahoo. com".
    > >
    > >THANK YOU!

    > Lets recap.
    >
    > You bought a printer without manuals or CD rom, and it's the fault of
    > Canon for not having them on a web site.
    >
    > Hmmmm.
    >
    > So just who is lumbering and stupid? And are you sure you bought it?
    >

    > Pete S.
    >
    > www.derwentelec.clara.co.uk

    Don't be pedantic, smarty pants.

    I made an honest mistake, dealing with a usually decent retail vendor.
    I'm supposed to root through the camera's box, tearing apart
    plastic-wrapped pieces looking for a usually-useless CD-ROM? All while
    standing in the store? Do you honestly think the drivers alone are
    valuable?

    My girlfriend's Selphy did not "fall off the truck." I'd easily send
    you a photo of the box contents (sans CD) and store receipt, but you
    seem to have enough trendy, sinical Usenet ignorance to make such
    irrelevant.

    Drivers are not precious intellectual property. (Who cares what's
    actually in the 15,000 fine print pages of undefendable disclaimers.)
    Eventually someone will find a mistake in the bundled Selphy drivers,
    and the LUMBERING STUPID company will post a "bugfix" that I can
    download.

    Until then, if a reasonable CP400 owner is reading this and would like
    proof-of-purchase, I would be happy to provide it -- if you'd be
    willing to email a little driver.

    Thanks,
    Chuck

    PS -- German Shepard? What's that other dude smoking?
    Killian, Dec 4, 2004
  5. Killian

    Pete S. Guest

    On 4 Dec 2004 06:50:02 -0800, (Killian) wrote:

    >Don't be pedantic, smarty pants.

    That's not being pedantic.

    >I made an honest mistake, dealing with a usually decent retail vendor.
    >I'm supposed to root through the camera's box, tearing apart
    >plastic-wrapped pieces looking for a usually-useless CD-ROM? All while
    >standing in the store? Do you honestly think the drivers alone are
    >valuable?

    Not unless you havn't got them. And the only way you don't have them
    is not normaly an honest one.

    >My girlfriend's Selphy did not "fall off the truck." I'd easily send
    >you a photo of the box contents (sans CD) and store receipt, but you
    >seem to have enough trendy, sinical Usenet ignorance to make such
    >irrelevant.

    Go on then.

    >Drivers are not precious intellectual property. (Who cares what's
    >actually in the 15,000 fine print pages of undefendable disclaimers.)

    Yes they are.

    >Eventually someone will find a mistake in the bundled Selphy drivers,
    >and the LUMBERING STUPID company will post a "bugfix" that I can
    >download.

    Still blaming Canon then.

    >Until then, if a reasonable CP400 owner is reading this and would like
    >proof-of-purchase, I would be happy to provide it -- if you'd be
    >willing to email a little driver.

    Just go back to the reputable supplier. I'm sure they'll just open a
    box and give you some.

    If you can run after the truck that is.......
    Pete S.

    www.derwentelec.clara.co.uk
    Pete S., Dec 4, 2004
  6. Killian

    Crownfield Guest

    Killian wrote:

    > uk (Pete S.) wrote in message news:<>...
    > > On 3 Dec 2004 01:20:20 -0800, (Killian) wrote:
    > >
    > > >If you own Canon's Selphy CP400 printer, please *PLEASE* drop me a
    > > >line.
    > > >
    > > >I just bought one as a girlfriend's birthday present, but my
    > > >not-so-reputable vendor lost the manual/CD-ROM bundle. Canon in its
    > > >massive, lumbering, stupid stubbornness has not posted the driver on
    > > >their website. Since my vendor is dragging its heels, I'm stuck with
    > > >an expensive paperweight.
    > > >
    > > >If you have a copy of the Mac OS X Canon Selphy CP400 driver, I would
    > > >be infinitely grateful. Please reply here with a link, or email me at
    > > >"Killian2422 at yahoo. com".
    > > >
    > > >THANK YOU!

    > > Lets recap.
    > >
    > > You bought a printer without manuals or CD rom, and it's the fault of
    > > Canon for not having them on a web site.
    > >
    > > Hmmmm.
    > >
    > > So just who is lumbering and stupid? And are you sure you bought it?
    > >

    > > Pete S.
    > >
    > > www.derwentelec.clara.co.uk

    > Don't be pedantic, smarty pants.
    >
    > I made an honest mistake, dealing with a usually decent retail vendor.

    ask the usually decent retail vendor to supply whatever is missing.
    CompUSA supplied everything that was missing
    from the last monitor in the store that I wanted.

    no problem at all.

    Crownfield, Dec 4, 2004
  7. Killian

    Chuckl Guest

    Pete S. wrote:
    > On 4 Dec 2004 06:50:02 -0800, (Killian) wrote:
    > >
    > >Don't be pedantic, smarty pants.

    > That's not being pedantic.

    "Pedantic: Unimaginative, pedestrian." [Merriam-Webster's Dictionary]
    Assuming the worst of someone you don't know is quite unimaginative,
    and quite common.

    > >I made an honest mistake, dealing with a usually decent retail

    vendor.
    > >I'm supposed to root through the camera's box, tearing apart
    > >plastic-wrapped pieces looking for a usually-useless CD-ROM? All

    while
    > >standing in the store? Do you honestly think the drivers alone are
    > >valuable?

    > Not unless you havn't got them. And the only way you don't have them
    > is not normaly an honest one.

    The "only way" is "not normally an honest" one? I would not accuse
    someone I don't know of being a thief. It's pedantic, ignorant and
    rude.

    > >My girlfriend's Selphy did not "fall off the truck." I'd easily send
    > >you a photo of the box contents (sans CD) and store receipt, but you
    > >seem to have enough trendy, sinical Usenet ignorance to make such
    > >irrelevant.

    > Go on then.

    No problem -- enjoy:

    http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?&members=1&p=3&uid=2923622&gid=5904307&&imgid=75786180

    > >Drivers are not precious intellectual property. (Who cares what's
    > >actually in the 15,000 fine print pages of undefendable

    disclaimers.)

    > Yes they are.

    They are precious intellectual property? Hmm. I recommend you read up
    on implied warranty. Gadgets and drivers *together* are the product. In
    the same sense that Canon (not the reseller) is responsible for
    repairing a malfunctioning Selphy, the manufacturer should be
    responsible for providing drivers (see below).

    > >Eventually someone will find a mistake in the bundled Selphy

    drivers,
    > >and the LUMBERING STUPID company will post a "bugfix" that I can
    > >download.

    > Still blaming Canon then.

    It is not unreasonable to expect a gadget manufacturer to post drivers
    on their website! This is the industry expectation, not just mine. I
    have a hard time *only* blaming the mom n' pop camera shop.

    > >Until then, if a reasonable CP400 owner is reading this and would

    like
    > >proof-of-purchase, I would be happy to provide it -- if you'd be
    > >willing to email a little driver.

    > Just go back to the reputable supplier. I'm sure they'll just open a
    > box and give you some.

    No, they won't. That would break the plastic wrappings of some *other*
    person's printer. Instead they are trying to track down Canon's
    reseller support, and having a tough time of it. Once again, it *is*
    partially Canon's LUMBERING STUPID fault.

    > If you can run after the truck that is

    Cute, real cute. I'm not a thief, ass.

    Cheers,
    Chuck
    Chuckl, Dec 6, 2004
  8. Killian

    Chuckl Guest

    Several weeks later, the mom n' pop finally found the CD -- when I
    threatened to return the Selphy. Guess I should have been more nasty
    from the start.

    If anyone needs a copy of the drivers, let me know.
    Chuckl, Dec 14, 2004
  9. I i've today bought a cp400 canon photo printer... but unfortunately, no drivers in the box. Can you please send me at my email address (marcoz at tiscali.ch). Wish you a merry christmas and thanks in advance!!!

    Marco

    Marco Zuffolato via PhotoKB.com, Dec 24, 2004