    the drivers. I’m unable to ping an address. Anyone that
    may know what the problem is and could direct me in the
    right area. I would greatly appreciate it

    Jeff, Dec 8, 2003

  2. Desperado, why don't you come to your senses, we need more
    info ... what is the network setup, home user? Dial up?
    Are you sharing the connection? Are you running NAT? What
    is the IP addy info for the server? What ISP? What help
    desk? Eat it.

    ShahiiWassabbii, Dec 8, 2003

  3. Jeff

    jeff Guest

    Okay this machine is running stand alone. ISp is ROGERS
    CABLE-and rogers helpdesk told me that
    Please help

    jeff, Dec 8, 2003
  4. Jeff

    Guest Guest

    Okay I have release and renew the IP address on the 98
    machine.. it is 24.30.13...... I was wondering what if I
    uninstall the NIC card., win98 does have pnp on it right.
    would find the drivers and put the nic back..

    Okay maybe I'm a little course. Can someone tell me what
    steps I should take to figure out what the problem is....
    I'm at work right now so I can check my computer.. Please

    Guest, Dec 8, 2003
  5. Let me get this straight. When you release and renew the IP address you
    successfully get an IP Address? Is so, let's stop focusing on the NIC for a
    minute, and perhaps tell us what you mean by "I'm unable to get to the
    Internet". Do you mean you are getting an error message, the browser doesn't
    respond, etc... Knowing what you can't do, and the error message would
    definitely help.

    --
    Politician Spock
    MCSA, CCEA, MCNGP #15

    Politician Spock, Dec 8, 2003
  6. Jeff

    Guest Guest

    Okay so lets get it straight. when i launch a browser, i
    don't get an error message but the browser doesn't
    respond. Thanks again

    confers no rights.
    >You assume all risk for your use. Not responsible for

    your inability to
    >understand logic, ambiguous references, sarcasm, the

    imaginary gnomes

    Guest, Dec 8, 2003
  7. Assuming you don't use a browser for email, are you able to send/receive
    email from this computer?

    Politician Spock, Dec 8, 2003
  8. Jeff

    Dragon Guest

    Since you can release and renew ip address lease, ping yourself. Ping
    www.yahoo.com Can you get any replies? Ping your gateway, dns any other
    external IP address. If you can ping them, you do have a connection to the
    outside world. Type the following in your browser's address bar:
    http://66.218.71.86

    Have fun. If you still can't get to the internet, try going out and having a
    cold shake. Enjoy the real world for a while and then try the virtual one
    again later.

    OK Dragon

    Dragon, Dec 8, 2003