    have ideas of what I might try.

    Thanks.

    Jake.

    Jake, Sep 25, 2008

  2. Can you ping a public IP address like 4.2.2.1? Or posting the result of
    ipconfig /all may help.

    --
    Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
    http://www.ChicagoTech.net

    Robert L. \(MS-MVP\), Sep 25, 2008

  3. Jake

    Jake Guest

    Robert L. (MS-MVP) wrote:
    > Can you ping a public IP address like 4.2.2.1? Or posting the result
    > of ipconfig /all may help.

    I am unable to get any response from a ping of any location.

    ipconfig reports:

    Connection-specific DNS Suffix BELKIN
    IP Address 192.168.2.7
    Subnet Mask 255.255.255.0
    Default Gateway 192.168.2.1

    Jake, Sep 25, 2008
  4. If starting the computer with clean boot, can you ping?
    Windows general
    How to run Windows OS with a clean boot · How to Run Windows Safe Mode
    with Networking · How to setup DHCP for IP Phone How to sort programs in
    Start ...
    www.howtonetworking.com/Windows/windowsgeneral.htm

    Robert L. \(MS-MVP\), Sep 26, 2008
  5. Jake

    Jake Guest

    Robert L. (MS-MVP) wrote:
    > If starting the computer with clean boot, can you ping?
    > Windows general
    > How to run Windows OS with a clean boot · How to Run Windows
    > Safe Mode with Networking · How to setup DHCP for IP Phone How to
    > sort programs in Start ...
    > www.howtonetworking.com/Windows/windowsgeneral.htm

    Thanks for a very helpful link Robert. I ran msconfig exactly as suggested
    and now I have the wireless connection. However I have no idea what has
    changed. I simply restored it to Normal Startup and that did it.

    Jake, Sep 27, 2008
  6. Thank you for the feedback.

    Robert L. \(MS-MVP\), Oct 5, 2008