    And, more importantly, how do I get it vertical again?

    Thanks to the good soul who will set me straight!

    Jean-Pierre Gauthier

    Guest, May 20, 2006

  2. Guest

    Toolman Tim Guest

    In news:jbNbg.18906$,
    spewed forth:
    > My wife suddenly pushed the keyboard off the desk so she just as
    > quickly grabbed it. As she did so, she touched some keys and the
    > desktop screen went horizontal.
    >
    > Why did this happen?
    >
    > And, more importantly, how do I get it vertical again?
    >
    > Thanks to the good soul who will set me straight!
    >
    > Jean-Pierre Gauthier

    You probably have a hot-key for screen rotation. My nVidia card does that.
    Go into the display settings, then the settings tab, and click the Advanced
    button. Now go through each tab carefully until you find the setting you
    need to fix.

    Toolman Tim, May 21, 2006

  3. Guest

    Trax Guest

    <> wrote:

    |>My wife suddenly pushed the keyboard off the desk so she just as quickly
    |>grabbed it. As she did so, she touched some keys and the desktop screen went
    |>horizontal.
    |>
    |>Why did this happen?
    |>
    |>And, more importantly, how do I get it vertical again?

    from a previous post:

    I can access mine by CTL-ALT-F12 then find the tab to set it straight.

    or Right click desktop - properties - setup - your fix should be
    located in the advanced section.

    I can also hit the wrong keys and turn the display screen
    sideways/upside down, I turn'd off my display hotkeys. :)

    --
    Music videos http://www.milinkito.com/los80.php
    Someone did all the work, so you don't have to :)

    http://youtube.com/watch?v=sud-IdjIV-o

    Trax, May 21, 2006
  4. Guest

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Sat, 20 May 2006 18:59:27 -0400, <> wrote:

    >My wife suddenly pushed the keyboard off the desk so she just as quickly
    >grabbed it. As she did so, she touched some keys and the desktop screen went
    >horizontal.
    >
    >Why did this happen?

    Because she touched some keys.

    >And, more importantly, how do I get it vertical again?

    Umm... Horizontal is what you want.

    Assuming you're using XP - Control -Alt- Up arrow.

    Evan Platt, May 21, 2006
  5. Toolman Tim wrote:

    > You probably have a hot-key for screen rotation. My nVidia card does that.
    > Go into the display settings, then the settings tab, and click the Advanced
    > button. Now go through each tab carefully until you find the setting you
    > need to fix.

    Izzat good for laying in bed and playing video poker?

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, May 21, 2006
  6. Guest

    Toolman Tim Guest

    In news:,
    Rôgêr spewed forth:
    > Toolman Tim wrote:
    >
    >> You probably have a hot-key for screen rotation. My nVidia card does
    >> that. Go into the display settings, then the settings tab, and click
    >> the Advanced button. Now go through each tab carefully until you
    >> find the setting you need to fix.

    > Izzat good for laying in bed and playing video poker?

    Dunno - I stink at video poker <g>

    Maybe it's for those digital camera shots where I held the camera in
    portrait mode...

    Toolman Tim, May 21, 2006
  7. Guest

    Meat Plow Guest

    On Sat, 20 May 2006 16:11:23 -0700, Toolman Tim wrote:

    > In news:jbNbg.18906$,
    > spewed forth:
    >> My wife suddenly pushed the keyboard off the desk so she just as quickly
    >> grabbed it. As she did so, she touched some keys and the desktop screen
    >> went horizontal.
    >>
    >> Why did this happen?
    >>
    >> And, more importantly, how do I get it vertical again?
    >>
    >> Thanks to the good soul who will set me straight!
    >>
    >> Jean-Pierre Gauthier

    > You probably have a hot-key for screen rotation. My nVidia card does that.
    > Go into the display settings, then the settings tab, and click the
    > Advanced button. Now go through each tab carefully until you find the
    > setting you need to fix.

    And turn the monitor sideways while you're finding the problem. Makes it
    much eaiser.

    Meat Plow, May 21, 2006
  8. Guest

    Barry OGrady Guest

    On Sat, 20 May 2006 18:59:27 -0400, <> wrote:

    >My wife suddenly pushed the keyboard off the desk so she just as quickly
    >grabbed it. As she did so, she touched some keys and the desktop screen went
    >horizontal.
    >
    >Why did this happen?

    That's normal.

    >And, more importantly, how do I get it vertical again?

    Horizontal is normal so leave it that way.

    >Thanks to the good soul who will set me straight!
    >
    >Jean-Pierre Gauthier

    Barry
    =====
    Home page