    Tana Guest

    Just while I have your attention... how do I create Desktop shortcuts on FF.
    Cheers T.

    Tana, Jan 25, 2006

  2. Tana

    Ralph Fox Guest

    On Wed, 25 Jan 2006 21:45:58 +1100, in message
     <43d756e7$0$12751$>, Tana wrote:

    > Just while I have your attention... how do I create Desktop shortcuts on FF.
    > Cheers T.

    See that icon in the URL bar, just to the left of the URL?
    Drag it onto the desktop.

    --
    Cheers,
    Ralph

    "Curiosity skilled the cat."

    Ralph Fox, Jan 25, 2006

  3. Tana

    Tana Guest

    Ralph Fox wrote:
    > On Wed, 25 Jan 2006 21:45:58 +1100, in message
    > <43d756e7$0$12751$>, Tana wrote:
    >
    >> Just while I have your attention... how do I create Desktop shortcuts on FF.
    >> Cheers T.

    > See that icon in the URL bar, just to the left of the URL?
    > Drag it onto the desktop.

    Damn! I knew it would be easy but not that easy.
    Cheers T.

    Tana, Jan 25, 2006
  4. Tana

    Tana Guest

    Tana wrote:
    > Ralph Fox wrote:
    >> On Wed, 25 Jan 2006 21:45:58 +1100, in message
    >> <43d756e7$0$12751$>, Tana wrote:
    >>
    >>> Just while I have your attention... how do I create Desktop shortcuts
    >>> on FF.
    >>> Cheers T.

    >> See that icon in the URL bar, just to the left of the URL? Drag it
    >> onto the desktop.
    >>

    > Damn! I knew it would be easy but not that easy.
    > Cheers T.

    How about Thunderbird?
    Cheers T.

    Tana, Jan 25, 2006
  5. Tana

    Boris Mohar Guest

    On Wed, 25 Jan 2006 11:00:36 +0000, Ralph Fox <> wrote:

    >On Wed, 25 Jan 2006 21:45:58 +1100, in message
    > <43d756e7$0$12751$>, Tana wrote:
    >
    >> Just while I have your attention... how do I create Desktop shortcuts on FF.
    >> Cheers T.

    >See that icon in the URL bar, just to the left of the URL?
    >Drag it onto the desktop.

    Is there another way like a command? If I am in a full window than I have to
    resize in order to show desktop. Usually there are other windows open under
    FF which have to be minimized.

    Regards,

    Boris Mohar

    Got Knock? - see:
    Viatrack Printed Circuit Designs (among other things) http://www.viatrack.ca

    void _-void-_ in the obvious place

    Boris Mohar, Jan 25, 2006
  6. Tana wrote:
    > Tana wrote:
    >> Ralph Fox wrote:

    >>> See that icon in the URL bar, just to the left of the URL? Drag it
    >>> onto the desktop.
    >>>

    >> Damn! I knew it would be easy but not that easy.
    >> Cheers T.

    > How about Thunderbird?
    > Cheers T.

    Do you just want a desktop shortcut to open the program?

    Start>>Programs>>Mozilla Thunderbird

    Right click on the shortcut to open TB, and select Send to>>Desktop

    A shortcut will appear on your desktop.

    Lee

    Leonidas Jones, Jan 25, 2006
  7. Tana

    Faun Guest

    In article <>,
    says...

    > Is there another way like a command? If I am in a full window than I have to
    > resize in order to show desktop. Usually there are other windows open under
    > FF which have to be minimized.

    Assuming you use Windows, and a Windows compatible keyboard, there
    should be a button with a flying window on it, near the space bar. Keep
    this button down, then hit D.

    Personally, I find that button annoying, but that's me...

    f.

    Faun, Jan 25, 2006
  8. Tana

    gwtc Guest

    Faun wrote:
    > In article <>,
    > says...
    >

    >>Is there another way like a command? If I am in a full window than I have to
    >>resize in order to show desktop. Usually there are other windows open under
    >>FF which have to be minimized.

    > Assuming you use Windows, and a Windows compatible keyboard, there
    > should be a button with a flying window on it, near the space bar. Keep
    > this button down, then hit D.
    >
    > Personally, I find that button annoying, but that's me...
    >

    > f.

    Not everyone has that Keyboard Key. Do a search on your hard-drive
    for showd*.scf. It should come up as Show Desktop. Copy this to your
    Windows QuickLaunch toolbar. Now, when you click on it, it will show
    your desktop.

    gwtc, Jan 26, 2006
  9. Tana

    Ralph Fox Guest

    On Wed, 25 Jan 2006 08:56:23 -0500, in message
     <>, Boris Mohar wrote:

    > On Wed, 25 Jan 2006 11:00:36 +0000, Ralph Fox <> wrote:
    >
    > >On Wed, 25 Jan 2006 21:45:58 +1100, in message
    > > <43d756e7$0$12751$>, Tana wrote:
    > >
    > >> Just while I have your attention... how do I create Desktop shortcuts on FF.
    > >> Cheers T.

    > >See that icon in the URL bar, just to the left of the URL?
    > >Drag it onto the desktop.

    > Is there another way like a command?

    I don't use it, but I believe that is what the deskCut extension adds.

    > If I am in a full window than I have to
    > resize in order to show desktop. Usually there are other windows open under
    > FF which have to be minimized.

    See Faun's and gwtc's replies for the easy way to minimize all such windows.

    --
    Cheers,
    Ralph

    "Curiosity skilled the cat."

    Ralph Fox, Jan 26, 2006
  10. Tana

    Faun Guest

    In article <dr93pv$19sc$>,
    ppfmp says...

    > Not everyone has that Keyboard Key. Do a search on your hard-drive
    > for showd*.scf. It should come up as Show Desktop. Copy this to your
    > Windows QuickLaunch toolbar. Now, when you click on it, it will show
    > your desktop.

    ....or, provided one uses a reasonably modern version of the OS, add the
    button on the toolbar by right-clicking on it and select "Add tool
    bars"...or whatever it would be called on an English version.

    For ancient OS versions, one can use a gadget from M$, delivered with
    the toys installation. Win95 and alike, I mean. Don't think there's such
    a gadget for Win3.11, though, but who uses that these days? Anyone?

    f.

    Faun, Jan 26, 2006