    Computer, then browse to the program's directory and click on it's
    executable file to get it to open.

    Can anyone please tell me how to fix this? Thanks.
    Voodoo, Nov 20, 2003

  2. Voodoo

    Voodoo Guest

    On Wed, 19 Nov 2003 17:51:02 -0800, Voodoo <>
    wrote:

    >Win2k Pro SP4
    >
    >Suddenly, none of the shortcuts to programs on my desktop work.

    <snip>

    Here's one other thing. Double clicking on the shortcuts doesn't work,
    but I can right mouse click and select "open" and that works.
    Voodoo, Nov 20, 2003

  3. Voodoo

    tonnie Guest

    On Wed, 19 Nov 2003 19:58:55 -0800, Voodoo <>
    wrote:

    >On Wed, 19 Nov 2003 17:51:02 -0800, Voodoo <>
    >wrote:
    >
    >>Win2k Pro SP4
    >>
    >>Suddenly, none of the shortcuts to programs on my desktop work.

    ><snip>
    >
    >Here's one other thing. Double clicking on the shortcuts doesn't work,
    >but I can right mouse click and select "open" and that works.

    maybe check your mouse? change the settings or reinstall the driver..

    --
    Faith is an oasis in the heart which will never be reached by the
    caravan of thinking.
    tonnie, Nov 20, 2003
  4. Voodoo

    Voodoo Guest

    On Thu, 20 Nov 2003 12:48:51 GMT, tonnie <> wrote:

    >maybe check your mouse? change the settings or reinstall the driver..

    No, it's not the mouse. When I try opening desktop shortcuts with the
    enter key on my keyboard it doesn't work either. Yet right mouse
    clicking and selecting "open" does work. I think it's a problem with
    the registry, but I'm not sure.
    Voodoo, Nov 20, 2003