    will open maximized?
    Thanks
    Robin
    Robin, Feb 7, 2007

  2. Robin

    Robin Guest

    Oh, and there is no "Run" on the "properties" window, so that won't work.

    Robin, Feb 7, 2007

  3. Robin

    why? Guest

    On Wed, 7 Feb 2007 12:04:49 -0500, Robin wrote:

    >Oh, and there is no "Run" on the "properties" window, so that won't work.

    Usually not if it's a shortcut to just the URL.

    Are you going to keep the browser uou are using a secret?

    >"Robin" <> wrote in message
    >>I have a shortcut on my desktop to a webpage. When it opens it is not
    >>maximized. How do I fix it where when I double click on the icon, the page
    >>will open maximized?

    Me
    why?, Feb 7, 2007
  4. "Robin" <> wrote in

    > I have a shortcut on my desktop to a webpage.
    > When it opens it is not maximized. How do I
    > fix it where when I double click on the icon,
    > the page will open maximized?
    > Thanks
    > Robin

    To IE?

    The Ctrl key... It's always th=at darn Ctrl key. (o;

    Launch the IE window.
    Maximize the IE Window.
    (Or sometimes, Ctrl + Maximize)
    Ctrl + Close the IE window.

    Now, when you re-launch, it should be maximized.

    I think you should note that the "control" is not
    applied to the desktop shortcut, but rather to IE.
    IOW, now, anytime you launch IE, it should be maximized
    until you resize (or sometimes Ctrl + resize) then
    Ctrl + close, which should fix the size IE opens.

    --

    A nice technique to keep a mob of peasants from killing your monster
    is when they break into your castle; make them be real quiet: "Shhhhh!"
    Bucky Breeder, Feb 7, 2007
  5. Robin

    Robin Guest

    > On Wed, 7 Feb 2007 12:04:49 -0500, Robin wrote:
    >
    >>Oh, and there is no "Run" on the "properties" window, so that won't work.

    > Usually not if it's a shortcut to just the URL.
    >
    > Are you going to keep the browser uou are using a secret?

    LOL...sorry...IE6

    Robin, Feb 7, 2007
  6. Robin

    Robin Guest

    "Bucky Breeder" <> wrote in
    message news:Xns98D07CE47781EWeeZurD@216.151.153.14...
    > "Robin" <> wrote in
    >>
    >> I have a shortcut on my desktop to a webpage.
    >> When it opens it is not maximized. How do I
    >> fix it where when I double click on the icon,
    >> the page will open maximized?
    >> Thanks
    >> Robin

    > To IE?

    Yes

    > The Ctrl key... It's always th=at darn Ctrl key. (o;
    >
    > Launch the IE window.
    > Maximize the IE Window.
    > (Or sometimes, Ctrl + Maximize)
    > Ctrl + Close the IE window.
    >
    > Now, when you re-launch, it should be maximized.
    >
    > I think you should note that the "control" is not
    > applied to the desktop shortcut, but rather to IE.
    > IOW, now, anytime you launch IE, it should be maximized
    > until you resize (or sometimes Ctrl + resize) then
    > Ctrl + close, which should fix the size IE opens.

    Thanks. I will give it a try. "Why?" said that usually if it is just a
    shortcut to a URL then it won't open maximized. But I will try this and see
    if it works.
    Robin, Feb 7, 2007
  7. "Robin" <> wrote in

    > "Bucky Breeder" <> wrote in
    > message news:Xns98D07CE47781EWeeZurD@216.151.153.14...
    >> "Robin" <> wrote in
    >>>
    >>> I have a shortcut on my desktop to a webpage.
    >>> When it opens it is not maximized. How do I
    >>> fix it where when I double click on the icon,
    >>> the page will open maximized?
    >>> Thanks
    >>> Robin

    >> To IE?

    > Yes
    >>
    >> The Ctrl key... It's always th=at darn Ctrl key. (o;
    >>
    >> Launch the IE window.
    >> Maximize the IE Window.
    >> (Or sometimes, Ctrl + Maximize)
    >> Ctrl + Close the IE window.
    >>
    >> Now, when you re-launch, it should be maximized.
    >>
    >> I think you should note that the "control" is not
    >> applied to the desktop shortcut, but rather to IE.
    >> IOW, now, anytime you launch IE, it should be maximized
    >> until you resize (or sometimes Ctrl + resize) then
    >> Ctrl + close, which should fix the size IE opens.
    >>

    > Thanks. I will give it a try. "Why?" said that usually if it is just a
    > shortcut to a URL then it won't open maximized. But I will try this and
    > see if it works.

    Whoops! I didn't see "why?"'s post when I responded,
    or I probably would not have posted...

    Darned Astra-timing! I must be on their "list" because
    of all those complaints I've been getting lately. LOL!

    Bucky Breeder, Feb 7, 2007
  8. Robin

    Name Guest

    "Robin" <> wrote in message
    >I have a shortcut on my desktop to a webpage. When it opens it is not
    >maximized. How do I fix it where when I double click on the icon, the page
    >will open maximized?
    > Thanks
    > Robin

    ****Try right clicking on the shortcut, then regular click on Properties.
    Look for Run and change to Maximized. Click Apply and OK.
    Name, Feb 7, 2007
  9. Robin

    John Holmes Guest

    Robin "contributed" in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

    > "Bucky Breeder" <> wrote in
    > message news:Xns98D07CE47781EWeeZurD@216.151.153.14...
    >> "Robin" <> wrote in
    >>>
    >>> I have a shortcut on my desktop to a webpage.
    >>> When it opens it is not maximized. How do I
    >>> fix it where when I double click on the icon,
    >>> the page will open maximized?
    >>> Thanks
    >>> Robin

    >> To IE?

    > Yes
    >>
    >> The Ctrl key... It's always th=at darn Ctrl key. (o;
    >>
    >> Launch the IE window.
    >> Maximize the IE Window.
    >> (Or sometimes, Ctrl + Maximize)
    >> Ctrl + Close the IE window.
    >>
    >> Now, when you re-launch, it should be maximized.
    >>
    >> I think you should note that the "control" is not
    >> applied to the desktop shortcut, but rather to IE.
    >> IOW, now, anytime you launch IE, it should be maximized
    >> until you resize (or sometimes Ctrl + resize) then
    >> Ctrl + close, which should fix the size IE opens.
    >>

    > Thanks. I will give it a try. "Why?" said that usually if it is just
    > a shortcut to a URL then it won't open maximized. But I will try this
    > and see if it works.

    Ignore the cunts who replied so far. Instead, right click the desktop or
    whatever folder, choose new, click browse, point to c:\program files
    \internet explorer\iexplore.exe and apply/save. Then, right click the new
    shortcut and add a space and www.google.com (or whatever webpage you
    want) right after the "c:\program files\internet explorer\iexplore.exe"
    command line. The shortcut will be named iexplore.exe but you can rename
    it to your needs. Just tested it, it works.

    --
    You preposterous gathering of fusty gerbil droppings.
    John Holmes, Feb 7, 2007
  10. Robin

    why? Guest

    On Wed, 7 Feb 2007 13:45:28 -0500, Name wrote:

    >"Robin" <> wrote in message
    >>I have a shortcut on my desktop to a webpage. When it opens it is not
    >>maximized. How do I fix it where when I double click on the icon, the page
    >>will open maximized?
    >> Thanks
    >> Robin
    >>

    >****Try right clicking on the shortcut, then regular click on Properties.
    >Look for Run and change to Maximized. Click Apply and OK.

    See OPs 2nd post,
    "Oh, and there is no "Run" on the "properties" window, so that won't
    work."

    A http:// shortcuct doesn't have the same property tabs.

    If the OP changed it to something like

    browser.exe <switch> url , that has a Run property.

    Me
    why?, Feb 7, 2007
  11. Robin

    WhzzKdd Guest

    why? wrote:
    > On Wed, 7 Feb 2007 13:45:28 -0500, Name wrote:
    >

    >> "Robin" <> wrote in message
    >>> I have a shortcut on my desktop to a webpage. When it opens it is
    >>> not maximized. How do I fix it where when I double click on the
    >>> icon, the page will open maximized?
    >>> Thanks
    >>> Robin
    >>>

    >> ****Try right clicking on the shortcut, then regular click on
    >> Properties. Look for Run and change to Maximized. Click Apply and
    >> OK.
    >>

    > See OPs 2nd post,
    > "Oh, and there is no "Run" on the "properties" window, so that won't
    > work."
    >
    > A http:// shortcuct doesn't have the same property tabs.
    >
    > If the OP changed it to something like
    >
    > browser.exe <switch> url , that has a Run property.
    >
    > Me

    That's the best suggestion yet, because the default browser window size
    isn't changed. The OP is using IE, so the command should be (quotes
    included):

    "C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe"

    followed by the URL (no quotes) like www.Seahawks.com or such.
    WhzzKdd, Feb 7, 2007
  12. Robin

    John Holmes Guest

    WhzzKdd "contributed" in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

    That's what I told the OP already about an hour ago, you plagiarist ****.

    --
    You lazy assortment of fetid rectal hair.
    John Holmes, Feb 7, 2007
  13. Robin

    why? Guest

    On Wed, 7 Feb 2007 13:24:59 -0500, Robin wrote:

    >> On Wed, 7 Feb 2007 12:04:49 -0500, Robin wrote:
    >>
    >>>Oh, and there is no "Run" on the "properties" window, so that won't work.

    >> Usually not if it's a shortcut to just the URL.
    >>
    >> Are you going to keep the browser uou are using a secret?
    >>

    >LOL...sorry...IE6

    If it's only a few sites, a really quick and nasty for IE is, (Mozilla
    has a -height and -witdth command line), I can't see why I stopped using
    such a <great> method as this.

    create a file site.html , containing

    <script>
    javascript:resizeTo(600,600);moveTo(0,0);document.location.href='http://www.sitename'
    </script>

    For IE moveTo(0,0) is top left.

    >>>"Robin" <> wrote in message

    >> Me

    Me
    why?, Feb 7, 2007
  14. Robin

    Robin Guest

    "John Holmes" <> wrote in message
    > Robin "contributed" in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:
    >

    >> "Bucky Breeder" <> wrote in
    >> message news:Xns98D07CE47781EWeeZurD@216.151.153.14...
    >>> "Robin" <> wrote in

    >>> To IE?

    >> Yes
    >>>
    >>> The Ctrl key... It's always th=at darn Ctrl key. (o;
    >>>
    >>> Launch the IE window.
    >>> Maximize the IE Window.
    >>> (Or sometimes, Ctrl + Maximize)
    >>> Ctrl + Close the IE window.
    >>>
    >>> Now, when you re-launch, it should be maximized.
    >>>
    >>> I think you should note that the "control" is not
    >>> applied to the desktop shortcut, but rather to IE.
    >>> IOW, now, anytime you launch IE, it should be maximized
    >>> until you resize (or sometimes Ctrl + resize) then
    >>> Ctrl + close, which should fix the size IE opens.
    >>>

    >> Thanks. I will give it a try. "Why?" said that usually if it is just
    >> a shortcut to a URL then it won't open maximized. But I will try this
    >> and see if it works.
    >>

    > Ignore the cunts who replied so far. Instead, right click the desktop or
    > whatever folder, choose new, click browse, point to c:\program files
    > \internet explorer\iexplore.exe and apply/save. Then, right click the new
    > shortcut and add a space and www.google.com (or whatever webpage you
    > want) right after the "c:\program files\internet explorer\iexplore.exe"
    > command line. The shortcut will be named iexplore.exe but you can rename
    > it to your needs. Just tested it, it works.

    Yes, that worked :) Thank you very much.
    Robin
    Robin, Feb 7, 2007
  15. Robin

    John Holmes Guest

    Robin "contributed" in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

    > "John Holmes" <> wrote in message
    >> Robin "contributed" in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:
    >>

    >>> "Bucky Breeder" <> wrote
    >>> in message news:Xns98D07CE47781EWeeZurD@216.151.153.14...

    >>> Yes

    >>> Thanks. I will give it a try. "Why?" said that usually if it is
    >>> just a shortcut to a URL then it won't open maximized. But I will
    >>> try this and see if it works.
    >>>

    >> Ignore the cunts who replied so far. Instead, right click the desktop
    >> or whatever folder, choose new, click browse, point to c:\program
    >> files \internet explorer\iexplore.exe and apply/save. Then, right
    >> click the new shortcut and add a space and www.google.com (or
    >> whatever webpage you want) right after the "c:\program files\internet
    >> explorer\iexplore.exe" command line. The shortcut will be named
    >> iexplore.exe but you can rename it to your needs. Just tested it, it
    >> works.
    >>

    > Yes, that worked :)

    Of course it works. I'm not one of that idiots poasting unusable
    suggestions.

    > Thank you very much.
    > Robin

    Anytime.

    --
    You inept tank of vile used chewing gum.
    John Holmes, Feb 7, 2007
  16. John Holmes <> wrote in

    > Of course it works. I'm not one of that idiots poasting unusable
    > suggestions.

    Nice trick! Well done.

    But, you're still an idiot because you can't spell "coasting".

    Bucky Breeder, Feb 7, 2007