    How can I put a shortcut to the desktop in my tray on XP Pro please?

    Thank you,
    Lisa

    Lisa Taylor, May 9, 2004

  2. Lisa Taylor

    Toolman Tim Guest

    "Lisa Taylor" <> wrote in message
    news:409d6fcf$0$4807$...
    > How can I put a shortcut to the desktop in my tray on XP Pro please?
    >
    > Thank you,
    > Lisa

    Do you mean the quick launch next to the start button? That used to be in
    Win98 etc.? If that's what you're looking for, right-click on the taskbar,
    click on the "Toolbars" and then turn on "Quick Launch". Comes with a
    shortcut to show the desktop, start IE and OE, possibly Windows Media
    Player, maybe other stuff too. (You can delete any you don't want there.)

    Toolman Tim, May 9, 2004

  3. Lisa Taylor

    Lisa Taylor Guest

    "Toolman Tim" <tmayer541_at_charter.invalid> wrote in message

    > "Lisa Taylor" <> wrote in message
    > > How can I put a shortcut to the desktop in my tray on XP Pro please?
    > >
    > > Thank you,
    > > Lisa
    > >

    > Do you mean the quick launch next to the start button? That used to be in
    > Win98 etc.? If that's what you're looking for, right-click on the taskbar,
    > click on the "Toolbars" and then turn on "Quick Launch". Comes with a
    > shortcut to show the desktop, start IE and OE, possibly Windows Media
    > Player, maybe other stuff too. (You can delete any you don't want there.)

    Thanks very much, it works a treat.

    Lisa

    Lisa Taylor, May 9, 2004
  4. Lisa Taylor

    > "Toolman Tim" <tmayer541_at_charter.invalid> wrote in message
    > >
    > > "Lisa Taylor" <> wrote in message
    > > > How can I put a shortcut to the desktop in my tray on XP Pro please?
    > > >
    > > > Thank you,
    > > > Lisa
    > > >

    > > Do you mean the quick launch next to the start button? That used to be

    in
    > > Win98 etc.? If that's what you're looking for, right-click on the

    taskbar,
    > > click on the "Toolbars" and then turn on "Quick Launch". Comes with a
    > > shortcut to show the desktop, start IE and OE, possibly Windows Media
    > > Player, maybe other stuff too. (You can delete any you don't want

    there.)

    > Thanks very much, it works a treat.
    >
    > Lisa

    You're welcome. Why did M$ change that default from previous versions
    anyway? It's one of my favorite things <g>

    Toolman Tim, May 10, 2004