    of the art today? Any suggestions or advice as I go looking?

    Thanks,
    ~Ray

    Ray Paseur, Jul 13, 2004

  2. "Ray Paseur" <> wrote in
    news:40f3ccd7$0$1168$:

    > It's time for me to get a new and better desktop monitor. What's the
    > state of the art today? Any suggestions or advice as I go looking?

    Mitsubishi Diamond Pro 2070
    or should you prefer LCD, Samsung SyncMaster 213T

    --
    Peter Strömberg (55.6N 13.0E)
    C2K2 C2K3 ISCCIV02 ISCCIV03

    Peter Strömberg, Jul 13, 2004

  3. Ray Paseur

    Sabineellen Guest

    The state-of-the-art hasn 't really changed much for CRT. I bought two
    cornerstone p1500 21" from some corporate desk clearing for the price of a good
    17". You'll find plenty of them on ebay. Get a tool like quickgamma and
    calibrate it, and it'll be as good as they come, if not for the slight curve in
    the screen.

    People say that CRT is still better. It sure seems to consume a whole lot more
    electricity than LCD. In fact, the electricity bill will probably catch up with
    you if you go for CRT to save money. They're far more durable though, and if
    you're buying second hand, CRT is the one to go for.

    If you have plenty of money and buying new, well, it's up to you. They're
    probably all good anyway, just calibrate whatever you get.

    Sabineellen, Jul 13, 2004
  4. most CRT's consumer less power than a lightbulb.

    You_Know_Who~, Jul 13, 2004
  5. Ray Paseur

    Douglas Guest

    Most 17" crts use from 90-135 watts,so it depends on the light bulb.A 21"
    crt will use quite a bit more.I have several highend flat panels 17" to
    21",but still use my Vision Master Pro for editing.

    Douglas, Jul 13, 2004