    delete, another error message appears "Cannot delete file. Cannot read source
    file or disk"

    Anyone have any suggestions how I can get rid of the icons?

    Maclas, Feb 26, 2008

  2. Maclas

    Jane C Guest

    Hi,

    Right-click on your desktop and hit "Refresh".

    --
    Jane, not plain ;) 64 bit enabled :)
    MVP - Windows Desktop Experience

    Jane C, Feb 27, 2008

  3. Maclas

    Carlos Guest

    And, in case of emergency, a good ol' reboot might fix things also!
    :)
    Carlos

    Carlos, Feb 27, 2008
  4. Maclas

    Jane C Guest

    Hey, Carlos! Hope you had a nice holiday. :)

    Jane C, Feb 27, 2008
  5. Nice to have you back were you belong, Carlos!

    Tony. . .

    Tony Sperling, Feb 27, 2008
  6. Somebody to be mean to again! Life is good. :p

    Colin Barnhorst, Feb 27, 2008
  7. Maclas

    Carlos Guest

    Hi guys, it is really nice to be back.
    I did have a great vacation time with my wife, very romantic...
    Carlos

    Carlos, Feb 27, 2008
  8. I'm really glad to hear it, Carlos. You deserved it. But it's good to see
    you back.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Feb 27, 2008
  9. Maclas

    Maclas Guest

    "Charlie Russel - MVP" wrote:

    > I'm really glad to hear it, Carlos. You deserved it. But it's good to see
    > you back.
    >
    > --
    > Charlie.
    > http://msmvps.com/xperts64
    >

    > "Carlos" <> wrote in message
    > > Hi guys, it is really nice to be back.
    > > I did have a great vacation time with my wife, very romantic...
    > > Carlos
    > >
    > > "Tony Sperling" wrote:
    > >
    > >> Nice to have you back were you belong, Carlos!
    > >>

    > >> Tony. . .
    > >>

    > >> "Carlos" <> wrote in message

    > Thanks Jane C and Carlos. Sorry I have tried both suggestions many times and still can't get rid of these pesky icons. Any other suggestions?

    Maclas

    Maclas, Feb 27, 2008
  10. Is it possible that these icons are directed to stuff that sits on a
    removeable device?

    Right-click and check with 'Properties' for the Path that it lists.

    Otherwise, go to 'Remove Software' and see if the software is listed there?
    Or try and give us a more 'graphic' example of what the icons was originaly
    there for?

    Tony. . .

    Tony Sperling, Feb 27, 2008