    Ed Guest

    I have a lean boot, only things starting up are anti-virus, ms
    anti-spyware, It still takes about four minites for icons to appear/
    Ed, Aug 10, 2005

  2. Ed

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Wed, 10 Aug 2005 12:29:42 GMT, Ed <> wrote:

    >I have a lean boot, only things starting up are anti-virus, ms
    >anti-spyware, It still takes about four minites for icons to appear/

    See the 3 replies to the same question you asked yesterday.
    Evan Platt, Aug 10, 2005

  3. Ed

    Ed Guest

    the three didnt come thru. I dont even see the original post.

    Ed, Aug 11, 2005
  4. Ed

    SgtMinor Guest

    http://makeashorterlink.com/?H1882579B
    SgtMinor, Aug 11, 2005
  5. Ed

    BIG NIGE Guest

    "Ed" <> wrote in message
    > the three didnt come thru. I dont even see the original post.
    >

    > On Wed, 10 Aug 2005 08:12:35 -0700, Evan Platt
    > <> wrote:
    >
    > >On Wed, 10 Aug 2005 12:29:42 GMT, Ed <> wrote:
    > >
    > >>I have a lean boot, only things starting up are anti-virus, ms
    > >>anti-spyware, It still takes about four minites for icons to appear/

    > >See the 3 replies to the same question you asked yesterday.

    Much more info required Processor type/speed. Memory size/type. Operating
    System inc updates (which AV, Spyware, firewall etc)

    FROM (ME) BIG NIGE

    Create a bootlog on startup. See:
    http://www.microsoft.com/resources/...Windows/XP/all/reskit/en-us/prmc_str_xhtz.asp
    or
    http://makeashorterlink.com/?N25B3259B

    Analyze it with Bootlog Analyzer: (free)
    http://www.pcworld.com/downloads/file_description/0,fid,22895,00.asp

    FROM SGTMINOR

    Didn't mention your OS, so search for SHELLICONCACHE
    if you find it, delete it and reboot. (it will recreate itself)

    FROM PENNYWISE
    BIG NIGE, Aug 11, 2005
  6. Ed

    Guest Guest

    Ed wrote:

    > I have a lean boot, only things starting up are anti-virus, ms
    > anti-spyware, It still takes about four minites for icons to appear

    You do realise there's more at startup than just anti[virus/spyware]...
    Guest, Aug 12, 2005