    connects and opens pages.

    Any ideas how to get the desktop browsers
    to connect ?

    Emory Richter, Sep 18, 2009

  2. In message <>, Emory Richter wrote:
    > Desktop fails to connect to internet - Wireless laptop connects
    >
    > Using my desktop
    > with XP SP2
    > it brings down email
    > and connects to newsgroups
    > but 3 different browsers
    > fail to connect to the internet.

    do Run>cmd>netstat -an
    and post the results.

    > They show 1%, 2%, 3% page download
    > then 'No Page'.

    Heh. Browser cache full?

    > My laptop
    > with a wireless connection
    > in the same network
    > connects and opens pages.

    By Krom! The gods be against ye!

    > Any ideas how to get the desktop browsers
    > to connect ?

    Clear the browser cache on each, delete all cookies etc.
    And cross yer fingers.

    Proof of Americas 3rd world status:
    http://www.ramusa.org/
    Cash for *who*?
    http://www.pavlovianobeisance.com/

    §ñühw¤£f, Sep 18, 2009

  3. In article <h910e5$41d$-september.org>,
    says...
    > §ñühw=3F£f

    Tks §ñühw=3F£f

    The caches are empty
    but no connection.
    [also cant FTP
    from the desktop machine]
    tho email and news still fine.

    netstat -an
    closes immediately.
    I dont remember the switch
    to make the pause?

    Emory

    Emory Richter, Sep 19, 2009
  4. Emory Richter

    John Holmes Guest

    Emory Richter "contributed" in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

    > In article <h910e5$41d$-september.org>,
    > says...
    >> §ñühw=3F£f
    >>

    > Tks §ñühw=3F£f
    >
    > The caches are empty
    > but no connection.
    > [also cant FTP
    > from the desktop machine]
    > tho email and news still fine.
    >
    > netstat -an
    > closes immediately.
    > I dont remember the switch
    > to make the pause?
    >
    > Emory

    netstat is a command-line utility. Start>Run>cmd In the little black box,
    type netstat -na
    But, on the other hand, if you already don't know this simple exercise,
    how would you know how to interpret the results of netstat?

    --
    <snip>

    John Holmes, Sep 19, 2009
  5. John Holmes <> pinched out a steaming pile
    of<>:

    >Emory Richter "contributed" in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:
    >
    >> In article <h910e5$41d$-september.org>,
    >> says...
    >>> §ñühw=3F£f
    >>>

    >> Tks §ñühw=3F£f
    >>
    >> The caches are empty
    >> but no connection.
    >> [also cant FTP
    >> from the desktop machine]
    >> tho email and news still fine.
    >>
    >> netstat -an
    >> closes immediately.
    >> I dont remember the switch
    >> to make the pause?
    >>
    >> Emory

    >netstat is a command-line utility. Start>Run>cmd In the little black

    box,
    >type netstat -na
    >But, on the other hand, if you already don't know this simple

    exercise,
    >how would you know how to interpret the results of netstat?

    Retract thy claws, tiger. I was expecting him to post the results.
    if he's doing it *in* a command window and it closes in a flash...well
    then...somethings fishy.

    ^_^

    §ñühw¤£f, Sep 19, 2009
  6. Emory Richter

    John Holmes Guest

    §ñühw¤£f "contributed" in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

    > John Holmes <> pinched out a steaming pile
    > of<>:
    >
    >>Emory Richter "contributed" in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:
    >>
    >>> In article <h910e5$41d$-september.org>,
    >>> says...
    >>>>
    >>> Tks §ñühw=3F£f
    >>>
    >>> The caches are empty
    >>> but no connection.
    >>> [also cant FTP
    >>> from the desktop machine]
    >>> tho email and news still fine.
    >>>
    >>> netstat -an
    >>> closes immediately.
    >>> I dont remember the switch
    >>> to make the pause?
    >>>
    >>> Emory

    >>netstat is a command-line utility. Start>Run>cmd In the little black

    > box,
    >>type netstat -na
    >>But, on the other hand, if you already don't know this simple

    > exercise,
    >>how would you know how to interpret the results of netstat?
    >>

    > Retract thy claws, tiger. I was expecting him to post the results.
    > if he's doing it *in* a command window and it closes in a flash...well
    > then...somethings fishy.
    >
    > ^_^

    I wonder if the OP even knows how to poast the results.

    --
    <snip>

    John Holmes, Sep 19, 2009
  7. In article <>,
    says...
    > "Emory Richter" <> wrote in message news:...
    > > Desktop fails to connect to internet - Wireless laptop connects
    > > Using my desktop
    > > with XP SP2
    > > it brings down email
    > > and connects to newsgroups
    > > but 3 different browsers
    > > fail to connect to the internet.
    > > They show 1%, 2%, 3% page download
    > > then 'No Page'.
    > > My laptop
    > > with a wireless connection
    > > in the same network
    > > connects and opens pages.
    > > Any ideas how to get the desktop browsers
    > > to connect ?

    > http://support.microsoft.com/kb/314095
    >
    > Ben

    Thanks for the link, Ben.
    The problem has been solved.

    Emory

    Emory Richter, Sep 19, 2009
  8. In message <>, John Holmes wrote:
    > §ñühw¤£f "contributed" in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:
    >
    > > John Holmes <> pinched out a steaming pile
    > > of<>:
    > >
    > >>Emory Richter "contributed" in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

    > >>netstat is a command-line utility. Start>Run>cmd In the little black

    > > box,
    > >>type netstat -na
    > >>But, on the other hand, if you already don't know this simple

    > > exercise,
    > >>how would you know how to interpret the results of netstat?
    > >>

    > > Retract thy claws, tiger. I was expecting him to post the results.
    > > if he's doing it *in* a command window and it closes in a flash...well
    > > then...somethings fishy.
    > >
    > > ^_^
    > >

    > I wonder if the OP even knows how to poast the results.

    Well it looks like he can follow M$ instructables...

    §ñühw¤£f, Sep 19, 2009