    seen for example public libraries with Internet access on their pc's that
    have about 3 icons displayed (Internet Explorer, MS Office and something
    else) on the desktop. All the buttons on the start menu are grayed out.
    Ronald Smyth, Oct 20, 2004

  2. Ronald Smyth

    KG6VQE Guest

    You can do that with Policies. If they are part of a doman, then you must
    use "GROUP POLICIES", and make Group Policy Objects. The local Policies let
    you limit wha a user can do....But on a stand alone XP machine, you limite
    what everyone can do, except Administrator.
    KG6VQE, Oct 21, 2004

  3. Ronald Smyth

    Ronald Smyth Guest

    It seems that group policies only work with XP professional edition. I have
    the home edition.
    I tried this link and Windows told me that only professional edition can
    carry this out.
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;307882

    I can open the mmc program but I can't add users and groups.

    Ronald Smyth, Oct 22, 2004