    about 5 years old. Could it be a cable problem? Any help is greatly
    appreciated.

    Rider
    Rider, Nov 9, 2004

  2. In article <gFbkd.307$> in nz.comp on Wed, 10
    Nov 2004 11:38:05 +1300, Rider <> says...
    > Anyone have one of these printers. Its running on W2k and when its sent a
    > print job, it prints the first page and then spits out two pages after the
    > first one and then prefeeds another sheet into the printer. Its not meant to
    > prefeed another sheet as the next print job starts too far down the page.
    >
    > I've also seen this printer screw up half way through a job and then the
    > page comes out either garbled or huge, like its been told to do banner
    > printing.
    >
    > Its on an ECP port but I'm unsure if its a bi-directional printer as its
    > about 5 years old. Could it be a cable problem? Any help is greatly
    > appreciated.

    The cable should be IEEE certified, otherwise turn off the ECP.

    Some printers will lose their settings and revert to text mode and spew
    out pages of garbage characters if an error occurs.
    Patrick Dunford, Nov 9, 2004

  3. Rider

    Rider Guest

    "Patrick Dunford" <> wrote in message
    > In article <gFbkd.307$> in nz.comp on Wed, 10
    > Nov 2004 11:38:05 +1300, Rider <> says...
    >> Anyone have one of these printers. Its running on W2k and when its sent a
    >> print job, it prints the first page and then spits out two pages after
    >> the
    >> first one and then prefeeds another sheet into the printer. Its not meant
    >> prefeed another sheet as the next print job starts too far down the page.
    >>
    >> I've also seen this printer screw up half way through a job and then the
    >> page comes out either garbled or huge, like its been told to do banner
    >> printing.
    >>
    >> Its on an ECP port but I'm unsure if its a bi-directional printer as its
    >> about 5 years old. Could it be a cable problem? Any help is greatly
    >> appreciated.

    > The cable should be IEEE certified, otherwise turn off the ECP.
    >
    > Some printers will lose their settings and revert to text mode and spew
    > out pages of garbage characters if an error occurs.

    I was able to printout the settings page for this 1120c and according to the
    printout, the internal page size is set to US Letter. I believe it should be
    set to A4. Does anyone know how to change the internal settings for this
    printer?

    I tried a new Bi-directional printer cable and it was the same. Which doesnt
    surprise me as the printer was grabbing a new page on an internal test
    print. Which says to me that the internal page size is the problem.

    Rider
    Rider, Nov 10, 2004
  4. Rider

    Gavin Tunney Guest

    <> wrote:

    >Anyone have one of these printers. Its running on W2k and when its sent a
    >print job, it prints the first page and then spits out two pages after the
    >first one and then prefeeds another sheet into the printer. Its not meant to
    >prefeed another sheet as the next print job starts too far down the page.
    >
    >I've also seen this printer screw up half way through a job and then the
    >page comes out either garbled or huge, like its been told to do banner
    >printing.
    >
    >Its on an ECP port but I'm unsure if its a bi-directional printer as its
    >about 5 years old. Could it be a cable problem? Any help is greatly
    >appreciated.

    The print driver is probably set to print Letter rather than A4,
    Letter is default with a lot of HP printer drivers & a pain in the
    arse. Win2k can be an absolute shit with paper size, as well as
    changing the paper to A4 in the usual paper menu you may also have to
    go into the advanced properties & in one of the menus there you'll
    find there's another bloody setting that needs to be changed to A4.

    Cheers

    Gavin
    Gavin Tunney, Nov 10, 2004