    help?

    BTW I am using windows XP.

    TIA.
    Kevin Scott, Feb 1, 2004

  2. Kevin Scott

    Ant Guest

    Find the source program, locate the *.exe file in the folder, right click,
    and send a shortcut to the Desktop.

    Ant.

    Ant, Feb 1, 2004

  3. Kevin Scott

    Kevin Scott Guest

    Thanks Ant, but I'm not sure if I'm not understanding you or you didn't get
    me. The short cut wasn't on my desk top, it was in my start bar and when I
    clicked it, it took me to my desk top rather than starting a program.

    All I figured I has to do was right click on my desk top and make a new
    short cut then drop it into my start bar. The only problem is when I do
    this the short cut I create takes me to my computer instead.

    Hope that's a bit clearer...

    Kevin Scott, Feb 1, 2004
  4. Kevin Scott

    °Mike° Guest

    If I understand you correctly, you are talking about the
    'Show Desktop' shortcut, yes? If so, do the following:

    Copy/Paste the following into Notepad, and save it
    as "Show Desktop.scf" (without the quotes):

    ***** <-- omit this line
    [Shell]
    Command=2
    IconFile=explorer.exe,3

    [Taskbar]
    Command=ToggleDesktop

    ***** <-- omit this line

    Now, drag the new command to your quicklaunch bar.

    On Sun, 1 Feb 2004 01:15:40 -0000, in
    <5rYSb.5338$>
    Kevin Scott scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance
    °Mike°, Feb 1, 2004
  5. Kevin Scott

    trout Guest

    Kevin Scott wrote:

    > I have stupidly deleted my desk top short cut from my start bar and
    > when I try to creat a new one it takes me to my computer instead.
    > Can anybody help?
    >
    > BTW I am using windows XP.
    >
    > TIA.

    http://www.theeldergeek.com/restore_show_desktop_icon.htm

    The instructions are for the quicklaunch shortcut, but you should be
    able to use this for your Start Menu.
    --
    "I think. Therefore, I guess."
    trout, Feb 1, 2004
  6. Kevin Scott

    Kevin Scott Guest

    Thanks Mike, that did it.
    Kevin Scott, Feb 1, 2004
  7. Kevin Scott

    Boomer Guest

    "Kevin Scott" <> wrote in

    > Thanks Mike, that did it.

    What did what?

    Could you please include some of the message you are responding to,
    in your reply?
    (Tools> Options> Send tab, tick the "Include message in Reply" box.)

    It makes it difficult to follow a thread when you write a reply and
    others have no clue on what the question or discussion was about.

    Further info:

    Thank You Very Much :)
    Boomer, Feb 1, 2004
  8. Kevin Scott

    °Mike° Guest

    °Mike°, Feb 1, 2004
  9. Kevin Scott

    John Guest

    Boomer wrote:

    > It makes it difficult to follow a thread when you write a reply and
    > others have no clue on what the question or discussion was about.
    >
    > Further info:
    > http://www.netmeister.org/news/learn2quote2.html

    From this very URL: "In general, it is completely sufficient to only
    leave that part of the message to which one refers."

    Since Kevin was just thanking someone, it makes no sense to quote
    anything else, as the tip above says. Stop being such a net-cop,
    Boomer -- you look like a fuckhead.
    John, Feb 1, 2004
  10. Kevin Scott

    °Mike° Guest

    On Sun, 1 Feb 2004 13:51:28 +1000, in
    <bvht3t$s24jv$-berlin.de>
    John scrawled:

    >Boomer wrote:
    >
    >> It makes it difficult to follow a thread when you write a reply and
    >> others have no clue on what the question or discussion was about.
    >>
    >> Further info:
    >> http://www.netmeister.org/news/learn2quote2.html

    >From this very URL: "In general, it is completely sufficient to only
    >leave that part of the message to which one refers."
    >
    >Since Kevin was just thanking someone, it makes no sense to quote
    >anything else, as the tip above says. Stop being such a net-cop,
    >Boomer -- you look like a fuckhead.

    Hang on, John-boy. What part of "to only leave that part of the
    message to which one refers" do you not understand? I can
    explain it to you in words of one-syllable, if you like?

    --
    Basic computer maintenance
    °Mike°, Feb 1, 2004
  11. Kevin Scott

    Boomer Guest

    "John" <> wrote in news:bvht3t$s24jv$1@ID-
    200043.news.uni-berlin.de:

    > Boomer wrote:
    >
    >> It makes it difficult to follow a thread when you write a reply and
    >> others have no clue on what the question or discussion was about.
    >>
    >> Further info:
    >> http://www.netmeister.org/news/learn2quote2.html

    > From this very URL: "In general, it is completely sufficient to only
    > leave that part of the message to which one refers."
    >
    > Since Kevin was just thanking someone,

    And who would that *someone* be?

    Boomer, Feb 1, 2004
  12. Kevin Scott

    John Guest

    Boomer wrote:

    >> Since Kevin was just thanking someone,

    > And who would that *someone* be?

    View all the threads instead of one post at a time and you'll see.
    John, Feb 1, 2004
  13. Kevin Scott

    Boomer Guest

    "John" <> wrote in news:bvhugl$ql9db$1@ID-
    200043.news.uni-berlin.de:

    > Boomer wrote:
    >
    >>> Since Kevin was just thanking someone,

    >> And who would that *someone* be?

    > View all the threads instead of one post at a time and you'll see.

    I *view* a lot more than you think. ;)
    Boomer, Feb 1, 2004