    Thanks

    -----------------

    Mr. B, Mar 26, 2008

  2. Mr. B

    VanguardLH Guest

    "Mr. B" <> wrote in message
    news:47ead7a0$0$584$-binaries.com...
    > Who or what is he?
    > All comments gratefully accepted.

    Why do you care? You don't get to control who posts on Usenet. We
    can't control whether or not you post on Usenet. This is NOT a
    moderated newsgroup. There is no iron claw policy regarding who can
    post and who cannot. Usenet is an anarchy. If you ego is too
    thin-skinned to endure a wide variety of personalities then Usenet is
    not where you should visit.

    > -----------------
    > www.Newsgroup-Binaries.com - *Completion*Retention*Speed*
    > Access your favorite newsgroups from home or on the road
    > -----------------

    Oh great. Another user that spams on behalf of their Usenet provider.
    Them spamify your posts. That makes your posts spam. Unfortunately we
    can't get rid of spammers, either.

    VanguardLH, Mar 27, 2008

  3. Mr. B

    Mr. B Guest

    I'll tell you why I care...because i asked a civil question which you
    answered previously and I thank you for that! But this guy is a total jerk.
    If you ever contact him you can tell him I said so.
    I do not appreciate people replying to my messages like this, this is a
    helpdesk group which i use as and when necessary. So, Evan Platt and Desk
    rabbit can take a hike.

    Mr. B, Mar 27, 2008
  4. Mr. B

    philo Guest

    "Mr. B" <> wrote in message
    > I'll tell you why I care...because i asked a civil question which you
    > answered previously and I thank you for that! But this guy is a total

    jerk.
    > If you ever contact him you can tell him I said so.
    > I do not appreciate people replying to my messages like this, this is a
    > helpdesk group which i use as and when necessary. So, Evan Platt and Desk
    > rabbit can take a hike.
    > "VanguardLH" <> wrote in message
    > > "Mr. B" <> wrote in message
    > >> Who or what is he?
    > >> All comments gratefully accepted.

    This is what some people think a desk rabbit is

    http://desk-rabbit.deviantart.com/

    If you post on Usenet...you can always expect to get an impolite reply from
    time to time.
    Impolite replies are usually due to great feelings of inferiority ...
    so don't let it bother you.

    philo, Mar 27, 2008
  5. Mr. B

    Desk Rabbit Guest

    philo wrote:
    > "Mr. B" <> wrote in message
    >> I'll tell you why I care...because i asked a civil question which you
    >> answered previously and I thank you for that! But this guy is a total

    > jerk.
    >> If you ever contact him you can tell him I said so.
    >> I do not appreciate people replying to my messages like this, this is a
    >> helpdesk group which i use as and when necessary. So, Evan Platt and Desk
    >> rabbit can take a hike.
    >> "VanguardLH" <> wrote in message
    >>> "Mr. B" <> wrote in message

    > This is what some people think a desk rabbit is
    >
    > http://desk-rabbit.deviantart.com/

    That aint me!

    Desk Rabbit, Mar 27, 2008
  6. Mr. B

    Desk Rabbit Guest

    Mr. B wrote:
    > Who or what is he?

    He's a full time salaried IT support technician, who tries to help for
    free in his spare time. He does not tolerate people who ask dumb
    questions, provide SFA in the way of information about their problem and
    expect everything for free with minimum effort on their part.

    I took particular exception to your question "Is there anyone out there
    that can help me please or can anyone give me a free telephone support
    line number in the UK?"

    If you honestly think that anyone is going to provide a free telephone
    support service for all an sundry, then you are completely barking.

    If you take exception to my remarks, then stay off usenet, I'm a pussy
    cat compared to some people you will meet.

    > All comments gratefully accepted.

    You are an idiot.

    > Thanks

    You are welcome.

    Desk Rabbit, Mar 27, 2008
  7. Mr. B

    Desk Rabbit Guest

    VanguardLH wrote:
    > "Mr. B" <> wrote in message
    >> Who or what is he?
    >> All comments gratefully accepted.

    > Why do you care? You don't get to control who posts on Usenet. We
    > can't control whether or not you post on Usenet. This is NOT a
    > moderated newsgroup. There is no iron claw policy regarding who can
    > post and who cannot. Usenet is an anarchy. If you ego is too
    > thin-skinned to endure a wide variety of personalities then Usenet is
    > not where you should visit.
    >
    >> -----------------
    >> www.Newsgroup-Binaries.com - *Completion*Retention*Speed*
    >> Access your favorite newsgroups from home or on the road
    >> -----------------

    > Oh great. Another user that spams on behalf of their Usenet provider.
    > Them spamify your posts. That makes your posts spam. Unfortunately we
    > can't get rid of spammers, either.

    He's a sensitive little soul, don't tease him. For the record here is my
    horrid and nasty reply to his message:-

    Mr. B wrote:
    > I have a PC working on XP Home Edition which is connected with an

    ethernet cable. I also have a laptop with Vista running, but I have a
    > few problems with the laptop.
    >
    > I cant make a recovery disk. I have inserted a number of DVDs to get

    it to save Vista to it, but it wont allow me to.
    Error message? What does the (unnamed) manufacturers support desk have
    to say about this problem with their product and software?

    > I also have Norton antivirus running and want to get rid, as I prefer

    to use Zone Alarm and Grisofts' AVG (free edition).
    Add remove programs in control panel not working? Error message?

    > I also cannot get my laptop to connect to the internet via the

    Wireless Connection.
    Error message? What did you try?

    > Is there anyone out there that can help me please or can anyone give

    me a free telephone support line number in the UK?
    That's the funniest thing I've heard today. A team of highly trained
    technicians sitting in a call centre taking calls from various users who
    are completely unable to describe their problems accurately and all
    whilst providing the service at no cost to the recipient. I wonder who
    pays their salaries?

    Whilst you are at it can you find some companies that will fix my car,
    central heating & leaky double glazing for free?

    > Thanks

    No, thank you for a good laugh.....

    Desk Rabbit, Mar 27, 2008
  8. Mr. B

    Desk Rabbit Guest

    Mr. B wrote:
    > I'll tell you why I care...because i asked a civil question which you
    > answered previously and I thank you for that! But this guy is a total jerk.

    A jerk I may be in your eyes, but at least I'm smart enough to know that
    nobody is going to provide a *free* telephone support line for random
    and poorly described IT problems.

    > If you ever contact him you can tell him I said so.

    It's Usenet you dipstick, I can read everything you write here. Are you
    always this daft or do you have to practice daily to get this way?

    > I do not appreciate people replying to my messages like this, this is a
    > helpdesk group which i use as and when necessary.

    And that gives you some god given right over everyone else does it?

    > So, Evan Platt and Desk rabbit can take a hike.

    It's usenet mate, learn to killfile.

    Desk Rabbit, Mar 27, 2008
  9. Mr. B

    Mr. B Guest

    So desk rabbit is actually thanking me for calling him an idiot. PMSL...oh
    and yes an overpaid IT support technician who DOES have an inferiority
    complex!!!

    kill filed

    -----------------
    -----------------

    Mr. B, Mar 27, 2008
  10. Mr. B

    Another Guest

    Mr. B wrote:
    > Who or what is he?
    > All comments gratefully accepted.

    It is usenet. Get over it. You were handled rather mildly compared to
    the likes of K'Man.

    Another, Mar 27, 2008
  11. Mr. B

    Desk Rabbit Guest

    Another wrote:
    > Mr. B wrote:
    >> Who or what is he?
    >> All comments gratefully accepted.
    >>

    > It is usenet. Get over it.

    > You were handled rather mildly compared to
    > the likes of K'Man.

    Indeed he was, and not just by me.

    Desk Rabbit, Mar 27, 2008
  12. Mr. B

    VanguardLH Guest

    "Mr. B" wrote in message
    > I'll tell you why I care...because i asked a civil question which you
    > answered previously and I thank you for that! But this guy is a total
    > jerk. If you ever contact him you can tell him I said so.
    > I do not appreciate people replying to my messages like this, this is
    > a helpdesk group which i use as and when necessary. So, Evan Platt and
    > Desk rabbit can take a hike.

    What did you expect when posting to an group of UNPAID volunteers?
    They'll volunteer whatever advice they choose. After all, it's not like
    they have to fear that you won't pay them. Usenet is an anarchy.
    Everyone has their good and bad days with mood swings.

    VanguardLH, Mar 27, 2008
  13. Mr. B

    Guest

    , Mar 28, 2008
  14. Mr. B

    Desk Rabbit Guest

    Another wrote:
    > Mr. B wrote:
    >> Who or what is he?
    >> All comments gratefully accepted.
    >>

    > It is usenet. Get over it. You were handled rather mildly compared to
    > the likes of K'Man.

    Later: After a swift Google it seems michael.bradley has a history of
    asking dumb questions and getting the hump when people point it out to
    him. <Shrug>

    Desk Rabbit, Mar 28, 2008
  15. Mr. B

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Fri, 28 Mar 2008 21:15:51 +0000, Desk Rabbit <>
    wrote:

    >Later: After a swift Google it seems michael.bradley has a history of
    >asking dumb questions and getting the hump when people point it out to
    >him. <Shrug>

    Ahhh yes, CheekyCharlie.

    >To the guy who stated that I could have tried google beforehand, well I pays
    >me money to newsnet and i use it.

    Yeah.

    And he suggested to someone asking about OE on an XP machine that they
    "Use Vista Mail." When I pointed out how stupid of an idea that was,
    he e-mailed me calling me a twat.

    What a maroon.

    Evan Platt, Mar 29, 2008
  16. Mr. B

    Desk Rabbit Guest

    Evan Platt wrote:
    > On Fri, 28 Mar 2008 21:15:51 +0000, Desk Rabbit <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >> Later: After a swift Google it seems michael.bradley has a history of
    >> asking dumb questions and getting the hump when people point it out to
    >> him. <Shrug>

    > Ahhh yes, CheekyCharlie.
    >
    >> To the guy who stated that I could have tried google beforehand, well I pays
    >> me money to newsnet and i use it.

    > Yeah.
    >
    > And he suggested to someone asking about OE on an XP machine that they
    > "Use Vista Mail." When I pointed out how stupid of an idea that was,
    > he e-mailed me calling me a twat.
    >
    > What a maroon.

    Ah that explains why he flung an insult in about you when you had been
    nowhere near his last load of bullshit.

    Desk Rabbit, Mar 31, 2008