  1. UNIX/Linux hackers like buying Thinkpads and other Intel-based gear, but
    what to do with those "Designed for Microsoft Windows" stickers?

    <http://www.paulgraham.com/designedforwindows.html>

    Lawrence D¹Oliveiro, May 13, 2005

  2. In article <>, Lawrence D¹Oliveiro <_zealand> wrote:
    >UNIX/Linux hackers like buying Thinkpads and other Intel-based gear, but
    >what to do with those "Designed for Microsoft Windows" stickers?
    >
    ><http://www.paulgraham.com/designedforwindows.html>

    Oh ... and I always thought those stickers meant that, if it gave you any
    trouble, you could shove it out of a window (ie window compliant).

    Silly old me :)

    Bruce

    -------------------------------------
    - George Bernard Shaw
    - Ambrose Bierce

    (if there were any)

    Bruce Sinclair, May 18, 2005

  3. In article <zrxie.782$>,
    z (Bruce Sinclair)
    wrote:

    >In article <>, Lawrence D¹Oliveiro
    ><_zealand> wrote:
    >>UNIX/Linux hackers like buying Thinkpads and other Intel-based gear, but
    >>what to do with those "Designed for Microsoft Windows" stickers?
    >>
    >><http://www.paulgraham.com/designedforwindows.html>

    >Oh ... and I always thought those stickers meant that, if it gave you any
    >trouble, you could shove it out of a window (ie window compliant).

    I always wondered what the logo was supposed to represent. It looks like
    a window, yet it waves in the breeze like a flag. A window is rigid, it
    doesn't wave in the wind.

    Ahhhhh, I get it--wind-dows. You see? Now it makes sense!

    Lawrence D¹Oliveiro, May 18, 2005
  4. Lawrence D¹Oliveiro

    phstpok Guest

    Lawrence D¹Oliveiro wrote:
    > In article <zrxie.782$>,
    > z (Bruce Sinclair)
    > wrote:
    >

    >>In article <>, Lawrence D¹Oliveiro
    >><_zealand> wrote:
    >>
    >>>UNIX/Linux hackers like buying Thinkpads and other Intel-based gear, but
    >>>what to do with those "Designed for Microsoft Windows" stickers?
    >>>
    >>><http://www.paulgraham.com/designedforwindows.html>

    >>Oh ... and I always thought those stickers meant that, if it gave you any
    >>trouble, you could shove it out of a window (ie window compliant).

    > I always wondered what the logo was supposed to represent. It looks like
    > a window, yet it waves in the breeze like a flag. A window is rigid, it
    > doesn't wave in the wind.
    >
    > Ahhhhh, I get it--wind-dows. You see? Now it makes sense!

    http://eatliver.com/i.php?n=294

    Just couldn't help myself
    <shrug>

    Rob

    --

    http://phstpok.blog.co.uk/main/

    phstpok, May 18, 2005
  5. Lawrence D¹Oliveiro

    GraB Guest

    On Wed, 18 May 2005 22:35:47 +1200, phstpok <> wrote:

    >Lawrence D¹Oliveiro wrote:
    >> In article <zrxie.782$>,
    >> z (Bruce Sinclair)
    >> wrote:

    Something seems to have happened to that site. I tried the above link
    in FF and Opera but only text comes up.

    GraB, May 18, 2005
  6. Dave - Dave.net.nz, May 18, 2005