  1. Toty Santana

    Toty Santana Guest

    I was wondering how many MCSDs out there know about Design Patterns, and how often they use it.

    Toty Santana, Feb 4, 2006

  2. Thats a very good question. It's amazing how little reference there is to
    design patterns in the the Microsoft curriculum. You could argue that
    accrediation is designed to ensure participants understand the underlying
    technology and not about coding standards.

    On the subject of design patterns does anyone know the name of any good c#
    design pattern books. The most readable one I found is Head First design
    patterns for Java. I'm suprised a c# version has not yet come out.

    Jim Taliadoros (Cantons Consultants)

    =?Utf-8?B?SmltIFRhbGlhZG9yb3M=?=, Feb 4, 2006

  3. Toty Santana

    Simon Hart Guest

    A good point. Many of the MCAD/MCSD books MS press or otherwise do not demonstrate good design patterns.

    The code examples are often one monolithic program. But the reason I bet is the authors want to maintain simplicity.

    I have an eXtreme .NET programming book can't remember the author's name now...but this is such example of great design patterns. It's main focus is agile development methodologies, namely TDD and XP.

    Simon Hart, Feb 7, 2006
  4. Thanks,

    Would the author be Neil Roodyn published by Addison-Wesley Professional per
    chance?

    =?Utf-8?B?SmltIFRhbGlhZG9yb3M=?=, Feb 7, 2006
  5. Toty Santana

    Simon Hart Guest

    Ahh, that's it, it's a great book. I learned alot from it.

    Simon Hart, Feb 7, 2006