    Eerie place. Let me know what you think :)

    --
    Sandman[.net]

    Sandman, Jul 3, 2012

  2. Sandman

    nick c Guest

    On 7/2/2012 10:53 PM, Sandman wrote:
    > Had a chance to take some really nice pictures of a deserted house.
    > Just wanted to share:
    >
    > <http://www.jonaseklundh.com/pages/Amerikahuset>
    >
    > Inspired by this, I went to look at this deserted factory to take some
    > photos as well:
    >
    > <http://www.jonaseklundh.com/pages/Ode_Fabrik>
    >
    > Eerie place. Let me know what you think :)

    What I think is, I like them.

    nick c, Jul 3, 2012

  3. Sandman

    RichA Guest

    On Jul 3, 1:53 am, Sandman <> wrote:
    > Had a chance to take some really nice pictures of a deserted house.
    > Just wanted to share:
    >
    > <http://www.jonaseklundh.com/pages/Amerikahuset>
    >
    > Inspired by this, I went to look at this deserted factory to take some
    > photos as well:
    >
    > <http://www.jonaseklundh.com/pages/Ode_Fabrik>
    >
    > Eerie place. Let me know what you think :)
    >
    > --
    > Sandman[.net]

    This is interesting. There are hundreds of examples of this in the
    U.S. now, thanks to economic conditions. What is annoying is that
    they often board-up these places on the grounds that "people might get
    hurt" (everyone today lives in mortal terror of lawsuits) meanwhile,
    before it became just another urban, yuppie "experiment," the Bayview
    Brickworks buildings in Toronto had been invaded (their 100 year old
    plus buildings) for many years and no one ever sustained any injuries,
    but they did produced some fantastic pictures both inside and out.

    RichA, Jul 3, 2012
  4. On 07/03/2012 01:53 AM, Sandman wrote:
    > Had a chance to take some really nice pictures of a deserted house.
    > Just wanted to share:
    >
    > <http://www.jonaseklundh.com/pages/Amerikahuset>
    >
    > Inspired by this, I went to look at this deserted factory to take some
    > photos as well:
    >
    > <http://www.jonaseklundh.com/pages/Ode_Fabrik>
    >
    > Eerie place. Let me know what you think :)

    It hurts. It's such a beautiful house. People were living there. This
    house had been build to raise a family. I can almost smell the toasts on
    the wooden stove and coffee with a percolator in the morning. What happened?

    Arthur Lubrogof, Jul 4, 2012
  5. On 07/04/2012 01:31 AM, Sandman wrote:

    > As far as I know, there was a suicide at the location, and the family
    > left without selling the house, and let it decay

    Well, that's a given. In every abandoned house, somebody committed
    suicide. :)

    Arthur Lubrogof, Jul 4, 2012
  6. On 07/04/2012 12:42 AM, Eric Stevens wrote:

    > It looks to me as though there may have been a fire, with repairs
    > started but never completed afterwards.

    Most probably there was a fire because somebody started a fire in the
    stove after the house was abandoned and the chimney needed cleaning.

    Arthur Lubrogof, Jul 4, 2012
  7. Sandman

    Sandman Guest

    In article <jt21vs$kha$>,
    Arthur Lubrogof <> wrote:

    > On 07/04/2012 01:31 AM, Sandman wrote:
    >
    > > As far as I know, there was a suicide at the location, and the family
    > > left without selling the house, and let it decay

    > Well, that's a given. In every abandoned house, somebody committed
    > suicide. :)

    I think it's the law :)

    --
    Sandman[.net]