    thanks in advance
    Chris

    ---

    Steve & Chris Clark, Apr 19, 2004

  2. Steve & Chris Clark

    Emrys Davies Guest

    'Chris',

    There is a reasonable explanation here.

    http://tinyurl.com/2pwty

    Regards,
    Emrys Davies.

    "Steve & Chris Clark" <> wrote in message
    > Would someone take a brief moment to explain the difference between

    using a
    > spyware program and adaware program and why some people don't get pop

    ups.
    > I don't have any anti popup programs running just AVG virus program

    and
    > never get popups.....
    > I'm clear on viruses and trojans etc but not certain how spy and ad

    stuff

    Emrys Davies, Apr 19, 2004

  3. Steve & Chris Clark

    Scrote Guest

    Steve & Chris Clark wrote:
    >> Would someone take a brief moment to explain the difference between
    >> using a spyware program and adaware program and why some people
    >> don't get pop ups. I don't have any anti popup programs running just
    >> AVG virus program and never get popups.....
    >> I'm clear on viruses and trojans etc but not certain how spy and ad
    >> stuff works.....cookies etc?
    >> thanks in advance
    >> Chris
    >>

    >> ---

    Further to Emrys' link, this, although not fully up to date, makes an
    intresting read/comparison; It also shows the need for more than one
    program on your system
    HTH
    Tony
    --
    The only difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its
    limits.

    Scrote, Apr 19, 2004
  4. Steve & Chris Clark

    Scrote Guest

    Steve & Chris Clark wrote:
    >> Would someone take a brief moment to explain the difference between
    >> using a spyware program and adaware program and why some people
    >> don't get pop ups. I don't have any anti popup programs running just
    >> AVG virus program and never get popups.....
    >> I'm clear on viruses and trojans etc but not certain how spy and ad
    >> stuff works.....cookies etc?
    >> thanks in advance
    >> Chris
    >>

    >> ---

    Without further ado here's the link I just forgot< what a clown>
    http://www.flexbeta.net/main/articles.php?action=show&id=39

    Scrote, Apr 19, 2004
  5. Steve & Chris Clark

    °Mike° Guest

    Three Minutes With Spybot's Patrick Kolla
    http://www.pcworld.com/news/article/0,aid,115376,pg,1,RSS,RSS,00.asp

    On Mon, 19 Apr 2004 06:21:46 -0400, in
    <fLNgc.818$>
    Steve & Chris Clark scrawled: