Description in google

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by cOKe, Jul 12, 2004.

  1. cOKe

    cOKe Guest

    Description doesn't show in google? the site is listed but won't show up :-(

    www.infernofm.co.nz

    it shows up if a search for infernofm. But anything else ie. inferno fm
    Dunedin and it doesn't.

    I have meta tags here they are:

    <title>Inferno Dunedin 107fm & Queenstown 106.7fm - HOME</title>
    metal 107 fm Dunedin and 106.7 fm Queenstown Punk Rock Competition, Band
    and Music information">

    Queenstown. We play loads of great local and international Punk and Rock
    music. For Competition, Band and Music information click online">

    <link rev="made" href="">

    I don't know what I've done wrong? It also cmes up with the
    homepage.ihug.co.nz place where it's hosted. I have this tag inside the
    <head> tag. is this correct?

    i'm a bit of a novice at html if you look at the messy nested tables I
    use but I don't know css. It looks ok.

    Thnaks,

    --
    cOKe

    www.infernofm.co.nz

    cOKe, Jul 12, 2004

  2. Works fine. What are you talking about? Is this some kind of strange
    advertisement?
    --
    aaronl at consultant dot com
    For every expert, there is an equal and

    Aaron Lawrence, Jul 12, 2004

  3. cOKe wrote:
    > Description doesn't show in google? the site is listed but won't show
    > up :-(
    >
    > www.infernofm.co.nz
    >
    > it shows up if a search for infernofm. But anything else ie. inferno
    > fm Dunedin and it doesn't.

    Most search engines ignore meta tags. Just give it time. It'll only list
    your site if it has content.

    Cheers,
    Nicholas Sherlock

    Nicholas Sherlock, Jul 12, 2004
  4. cOKe wrote:
    > Description doesn't show in google? the site is listed but won't show
    > up :-(
    >
    > www.infernofm.co.nz

    "...you never no your.."

    The word is "know"

    Cheers,
    Nicholas Sherlock

    Nicholas Sherlock, Jul 12, 2004
  5. cOKe

    cOKe Guest

    Aaron Lawrence wrote:

    > Works fine. What are you talking about? Is this some kind of strange
    > advertisement?

    You guys can be harsh! No I posted in nz.comp because I thought that was
    where I could get help.

    And I did, thanks Nicholas. I will wait for it to propagate, I’m just
    impatient.

    --
    cOKe

    www.infernofm.co.nz

    cOKe, Jul 13, 2004
  6. Suddenly, cOKe sprang forth and uttered these pithy words:
    > Aaron Lawrence wrote:
    >
    > > Works fine. What are you talking about? Is this some kind of strange
    > > advertisement?

    > You guys can be harsh! No I posted in nz.comp because I thought that was
    > where I could get help.

    How is that harsh?

    I asked what are you talking about because I couldn't understand your
    post very well...

    Aaron Lawrence, Jul 15, 2004