Department of stupid cops

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by richard, Aug 29, 2009.

  1. NormanM wrote:

    > Codswallop Balderdash wrote:
    > [re: know and no]
    >> It really cannot be *that* difficult to differentiate between the two

    >
    > My spell checker can't differentiate, and I was to groggy to see it myself.


    You were to groggy, eh? I can see it from here!!! ;-)

    [re: to and too]
    http://tekrider.net/general/checker.php

    --
    -bts
    -Friends don't let friends drive Windows
     
    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Sep 1, 2009
    #21
    1. Advertising

  2. "Beauregard T. Shagnasty" <> wrote:

    >NormanM wrote:
    >
    >> Codswallop Balderdash wrote:
    >> [re: know and no]
    >>> It really cannot be *that* difficult to differentiate between the two

    >>
    >> My spell checker can't differentiate, and I was to groggy to see it myself.

    >
    >You were to groggy, eh? I can see it from here!!! ;-)
    >
    >[re: to and too]
    >http://tekrider.net/general/checker.php


    At least you didn't write "sea" for "see". <grin>
     
    Codswallop Balderdash, Sep 1, 2009
    #22
    1. Advertising

  3. Codswallop Balderdash wrote:

    > "Beauregard T. Shagnasty" wrote:
    >> NormanM wrote:
    >>> Codswallop Balderdash wrote: [re: know and no]
    >>>> It really cannot be *that* difficult to differentiate between the
    >>>> two
    >>>
    >>> My spell checker can't differentiate, and I was to groggy to see it
    >>> myself.

    >>
    >>You were to groggy, eh? I can see it from here!!! ;-)
    >>
    >>[re: to and too]
    >>http://tekrider.net/general/checker.php

    >
    > At least you didn't write "sea" for "see". <grin>


    Hmm, that snot one I see (sea?) very often. Just about all of them at my
    web sight I sea in Usenet, in forum comments, responses to news
    articles... I think spelling hasn't been taut for about two decades now.

    --
    -bts
    -Friends don't let friends drive Windows
     
    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Sep 1, 2009
    #23
  4. richard

    Aardvark Guest

    On Mon, 31 Aug 2009 20:49:54 -0400, Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:

    > Codswallop Balderdash wrote:
    >
    >> "Beauregard T. Shagnasty" wrote:
    >>> NormanM wrote:
    >>>> Codswallop Balderdash wrote: [re: know and no]
    >>>>> It really cannot be *that* difficult to differentiate between the
    >>>>> two
    >>>>
    >>>> My spell checker can't differentiate, and I was to groggy to see it
    >>>> myself.
    >>>
    >>>You were to groggy, eh? I can see it from here!!! ;-)
    >>>
    >>>[re: to and too]
    >>>http://tekrider.net/general/checker.php

    >>
    >> At least you didn't write "sea" for "see". <grin>

    >
    > Hmm, that snot one I see (sea?) very often. Just about all of them at my
    > web sight I sea in Usenet, in forum comments, responses to news
    > articles... I think spelling hasn't been taut for about two decades now.


    We used to have to learn the correct spellings of ten words three nights a
    week when I was at primary school. Woe betide any of us if we were picked
    the next day in class and commanded to rattle off one or two or three and
    we got them wrong.

    The same with multiplication tables.

    The only way to learn some things is by rote, constantly repeated until
    word-perfect.



    --
    “Every now and again the United States has to pick up a crappy little
    country and throw it against a wall just to prove we are serious.â€
    Michael Ledeen, an architect of the neocon program being implemented
    under the nose of the U.S people in the name of freedom and democracy.
     
    Aardvark, Sep 1, 2009
    #24
    1. Advertising

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

It takes just 2 minutes to sign up (and it's free!). Just click the sign up button to choose a username and then you can ask your own questions on the forum.
Similar Threads
  1. kpg

    stupid stupid stupid

    kpg, Oct 26, 2004, in forum: MCSE
    Replies:
    17
    Views:
    868
    T-Bone
    Nov 26, 2004
  2. =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=
    Replies:
    6
    Views:
    806
  3. Michael P Gabriel

    Stupid is as Stupid Does!

    Michael P Gabriel, Jun 24, 2004, in forum: Digital Photography
    Replies:
    3
    Views:
    410
    stewy
    Jun 26, 2004
  4. DVD Verdict
    Replies:
    0
    Views:
    677
    DVD Verdict
    Apr 15, 2004
  5. richard

    From the really stupid cops department

    richard, Mar 11, 2010, in forum: Computer Support
    Replies:
    24
    Views:
    732
    Bucky Breeder
    Mar 20, 2010
Loading...

Share This Page