    Another example of how our cops write their own laws as they see fit.

    Me? I'd tell the cop to go ahead and charge me any way he wants. He'll
    have his chance to explain it to the judge and jury.

    richard, Aug 29, 2009

  2. richard

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Sat, 29 Aug 2009 14:58:02 -0700, richard <>
    wrote:

    >Where exactly this happens is not clear.

    You can't be that fucking stupid..

    "This video was taken on Tuesday, August 25th, 2009 at Rep. Jim
    Moran's (D-VA) Town Hall meeting on Obama Deathcare (Howie Dean was
    there too) held at South Lakes High School in Reston, VA. "

    Do you need the fucking GPS coordinates?

    Evan Platt, Aug 29, 2009

  3. richard

    Brian H¹© Guest

    richard wrote in news::

    > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hIKPKjl0-pg
    >
    > Where exactly this happens is not clear. But the guy is trying to show
    > off a photo of Obama with a "Joker" style painted face.
    > "That ain't allowed here because it has a photo on it. If you show it
    > again I'll charge you with trespassing and take you off the
    > property.".
    >
    > Another fine example of our nation's officers of the law hard at work.
    > Another example of how our cops write their own laws as they see fit.
    >
    > Me? I'd tell the cop to go ahead and charge me any way he wants. He'll
    > have his chance to explain it to the judge and jury.

    I retract my advice in another thread not to visit the UK, in fact I
    actually dare you, I don't think you would make it through to the
    arrivals lounge without getting yourself arrested for fuckwittery.
    I'll pay for the ticket if you want to give it a go.

    ps
    Your president would probably refuse application for repatriation.

    Brian H¹©, Aug 29, 2009
  4. richard

    Aardvark Guest

    On Sat, 29 Aug 2009 14:58:02 -0700, richard wrote:

    > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hIKPKjl0-pg
    >
    > Where exactly this happens is not clear. But the guy is trying to show
    > off a photo of Obama with a "Joker" style painted face. "That ain't
    > allowed here because it has a photo on it. If you show it again I'll
    > charge you with trespassing and take you off the property.".
    >
    > Another fine example of our nation's officers of the law hard at work.
    > Another example of how our cops write their own laws as they see fit.
    >
    > Me? I'd tell the cop to go ahead and charge me any way he wants. He'll
    > have his chance to explain it to the judge and jury.

    He was a school security guard, sto0pid. They're no more required to know
    the letter of the law than you are. Apparently the picture on the placard
    could have been considered 'inflammatory', which is apparently illegal on
    school grounds in the US.

    The sto0pid security guard made a bad choice of words at the end, but what
    he said could be interpreted to mean 'You're not in America, where your
    poster isn't considered 'inflammatory', you're on school grounds where it
    is'.

    Don't thank me, I'm glad to have helped clear it up for you.

    Carry on.

    Aardvark, Aug 29, 2009
  5. richard

    Aardvark Guest

    On Sat, 29 Aug 2009 22:30:59 +0000, Aardvark wrote:

    > On Sat, 29 Aug 2009 14:58:02 -0700, richard wrote:
    >
    >> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hIKPKjl0-pg
    >>
    >> Where exactly this happens is not clear. But the guy is trying to show
    >> off a photo of Obama with a "Joker" style painted face. "That ain't
    >> allowed here because it has a photo on it. If you show it again I'll
    >> charge you with trespassing and take you off the property.".
    >>
    >> Another fine example of our nation's officers of the law hard at work.
    >> Another example of how our cops write their own laws as they see fit.
    >>
    >> Me? I'd tell the cop to go ahead and charge me any way he wants. He'll
    >> have his chance to explain it to the judge and jury.

    > He was a school security guard, sto0pid. They're no more required to
    > know the letter of the law than you are. Apparently the picture on the
    > placard could have been considered 'inflammatory', which is apparently
    > illegal on school grounds in the US.
    >
    > The sto0pid security guard made a bad choice of words at the end, but
    > what he said could be interpreted to mean 'You're not in America, where
    > your poster isn't considered 'inflammatory', you're on school grounds
    > where it is'.
    >
    > Don't thank me, I'm glad to have helped clear it up for you.
    >
    > Carry on.

    BTW, it occurred at South Lakes High School in Reston, VA. on Tuesday.

    Read much?

    Aardvark, Aug 29, 2009
  6. richard

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Sat, 29 Aug 2009 22:32:45 GMT, Aardvark <>
    wrote:

    >BTW, it occurred at South Lakes High School in Reston, VA. on Tuesday.
    >
    >Read much?

    RtS doesn't know how to read.

    Evan Platt, Aug 29, 2009
  7. richard

    NormanM Guest

    On Sat, 29 Aug 2009 14:58:02 -0700, richard wrote:

    > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hIKPKjl0-pg
    >
    > Where exactly this happens is not clear. But the guy is trying to show
    > off a photo of Obama with a "Joker" style painted face.
    > "That ain't allowed here because it has a photo on it. If you show it
    > again I'll charge you with trespassing and take you off the
    > property.".
    >
    > Another fine example of our nation's officers of the law hard at work.
    > Another example of how our cops write their own laws as they see fit.

    I can't tell, from the video, if this guy was a bona fide city cop, or a
    "rent-a-Cop". But I can tell you, even a "rent-a-cop" can't write his own
    laws. However he can enforce the client's restrictions for access to
    property. I am speaking as a holder of a card issued by the State of
    California Department of Consumer Affairs, Bureau of Security and
    Investigative Services"; commonly called a, "Guard Card".

    As a store clerk I have evicted two people from the premises. As a Pinkerton
    Security Officer, I kept a tow truck operator on hold pending word from my
    client agent whether to allow him to tow a car on client property.

    That officer was hired to monitor a potentially explosive affair, organize
    by a political official on school property. The event organizer can set the
    rules, and the officer can enforce those rules. Any member of the public
    dis-respecting the event rules can have their right to access to that
    property revoked; after which, his presence is, indeed, trespassing.

    I also volunteer staff at an annual convention, which rents the McEnery
    Convention Center, in San José, California. Although I am not one so
    authorized, there are staffers with the authority to revoke a guest's
    permission to attend the convention. One year, such a revocation was issued
    against an attendee who attempted to shoplift merchandise at the Dealer's
    Room. His guest card was recovered by appropriate staff, and he was escorted
    off of the premises. He returned the next day, using a pass borrowed from a
    friend, and returned to the Dealer's Room to attempt to continue his
    predation. I witnessed the arrival of the police paddy wagon, and his person
    being place in the ride to the gaol. No sympathy for thieves, here.

    > Me? I'd tell the cop to go ahead and charge me any way he wants. He'll
    > have his chance to explain it to the judge and jury.

    Based on what I saw, in that video, you would lose. Sorry. But those are the
    breaks.

    --
    Norman
    ~Oh Lord, why have you come

    NormanM, Aug 30, 2009
  8. richard

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Sat, 29 Aug 2009 20:06:30 -0700, richard <>
    wrote:

    >I did the security guard scene for 8 years. As a private citizen I had
    >no authority other than what the client gave. Still, there are limits,
    >by law, as to what a private citizen can and can not do.

    Oh geez, RtS the security guard? They must have been desperate.

    >As this is on school grounds, this makes it a public event.

    St00pid strikes again.

    Evan Platt, Aug 30, 2009
  9. <crossposts axed>

    On Sat, 29 Aug 2009 17:36:04 -0700, Aratzio wrote:

    > On Sat, 29 Aug 2009 23:05:59 GMT, in the land of 24hoursupport.helpdesk,
    > "The Idiot Man" <> got double secret probation for writing:

    <axed>
    >>No. We're talking about Bullis so it has to be transmogrific.

    > The US Government research concluded that the densest material known to
    > man was discovered in Richard Bullis today. Scientists report that new
    > denser materials capable of protecting the troops against IED will be
    > soon forthcoming. The material is exceedingly lightweight without
    > sacrificing the protection of heavyweight materials.

    Love it!
    ;)

    YuuShtrokHeet-AlWauch, Aug 30, 2009
  10. richard

    NormanM Guest

    On Sat, 29 Aug 2009 20:06:30 -0700, richard wrote:

    > I did the security guard scene for 8 years. As a private citizen I had
    > no authority other than what the client gave. Still, there are limits,
    > by law, as to what a private citizen can and can not do.

    And a security officer has all of the same powers as any private citizen, in
    addition to the authority he has been given by the client regarding
    restricting access to private events.

    > As this is on school grounds, this makes it a public event.

    Just because an event is held on public property does not make it a "public
    event". When the Anime Resource Group rents the public property called,
    "McEnery Convention Center", they can require passes to access certain areas
    which can be restricted. The convention center concourse is always open to
    the public, but the ballrooms, and event halls can have staffers at the
    doors to turn non-attendees away.

    I've also worked security for wedding receptions, held in publicly owned
    facilities, yet leased by private parties. Being public property only means
    public tax money paid for the facility. But the agency responsible for
    booking events, can book private events, and the rules of the booking entity
    can be, mostly, enforced; especially in areas which allow for restricted
    access.

    NormanM, Aug 30, 2009
  11. richard

    Aratzio Guest

    On Sat, 29 Aug 2009 20:58:48 -0700, in the land of
    24hoursupport.helpdesk, "nobody >" <> got
    double secret probation for writing:

    >>> No. We're talking about Bullis so it has to be transmogrific.

    >> The US Government research concluded that the densest material known
    >> to man was discovered in Richard Bullis today. Scientists report that
    >> new denser materials capable of protecting the troops against IED will
    >> be soon forthcoming. The material isexceedingly lightweight without
    >> sacrificing the protection of heavyweight materials.
    >>

    >The only problem with that idea is that DoD would have to clone RTS to
    >get enough material for all the troops/vehicles/aircraft/vessels in use.
    >There IS no other source.
    >
    >Trying to take a thin layer off RtS is impossible. You'd have to
    >jackhammmer it off in slabs, as constantly reproven here on Usenet

    He excretes dense.

    Aratzio, Aug 30, 2009
  12. richard

    Aratzio Guest

    On Sat, 29 Aug 2009 23:24:01 -0700, in the land of
    24hoursupport.helpdesk, richard <> got double secret
    probation for writing:

    >On Sun, 30 Aug 2009 04:11:10 GMT, YuuShtrokHeet-AlWauch
    ><> wrote:
    >
    >><crossposts axed>
    >>
    >>On Sat, 29 Aug 2009 17:36:04 -0700, Aratzio wrote:
    >>
    >>> On Sat, 29 Aug 2009 23:05:59 GMT, in the land of 24hoursupport.helpdesk,
    >>> "The Idiot Man" <> got double secret probation for writing:

    >><axed>

    >>> The US Government research concluded that the densest material known to
    >>> man was discovered in Richard Bullis today. Scientists report that new
    >>> denser materials capable of protecting the troops against IED will be
    >>> soon forthcoming. The material is exceedingly lightweight without
    >>> sacrificing the protection of heavyweight materials.

    >>Love it!
    >>;)

    >Me too. Man like I'm gonna become one filthy rich dude.

    Stoopid once more demonstrates just why he is The Stoopid.

    Aratzio, Aug 30, 2009
  13. richard

    NormanM Guest

    On Sat, 29 Aug 2009 23:22:44 -0700, richard wrote:

    > This is all very true. Except that this particular event appeared to
    > be held on the grounds outside of the school. There was no indication
    > that any admission fee was charged, which would have made it a private
    > affair. As in the style of "flea markets", booth operators pay a fee,
    > while the "public" enters for free. As I have no idea what the actual
    > event was all about, I would not know if the photo poster was allowed
    > or not.

    The video was very selective in its presentation, and designed to favor the
    viewpoint of the poster of the video. In itself, it lacks sufficient context
    to form any rational opinions.

    And event need not charge admission to be private. Those wedding receptions
    I was assigned to for security were neither events that the public could pay
    to attend, nor public events. They were "by invitation only" events.

    Out of context. All I said was:

    | And a security officer has all of the same powers as any private citizen ...

    You might wish to review the power of "Citizen's Arrest". Beyond those
    powers any ordinary citizen has, a security officer is authorized to act on
    behalf of the client's interests. Within, of course, the constraints of the
    law.

    I have been too lazy to do any more research on this event. You didn't even
    provide any background, just a link to a highly selective video; which lacks
    a broader context.

    NormanM, Aug 30, 2009
  14. richard

    Aardvark Guest

    On Sat, 29 Aug 2009 23:26:23 -0700, richard wrote:

    > On Sat, 29 Aug 2009 15:51:03 -0700, Evan Platt
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >>On Sat, 29 Aug 2009 22:32:45 GMT, Aardvark <>
    >>wrote:
    >>
    >>>BTW, it occurred at South Lakes High School in Reston, VA. on Tuesday.
    >>>
    >>>Read much?

    >>RtS doesn't know how to read.

    > Without pictures I'm screwed.

    That's obvious.

    All the background information about the clip was on the YT page you
    linked, plus some suggestions from viewers' comments as to why the
    security guard behaved as he did.

    --
    “Every now and again the United States has to pick up a crappy little
    country and throw it against a wall just to prove we are serious.â€

    Aardvark, Aug 30, 2009
  15. richard

    Buffalo Guest

    Meat Plow wrote:

    > In Milwaukee Wisconsin it is illegal to paint faces on lampshades that
    > can be seen by the public as in your front window.

    Especially if those lampshades are made of human skin.

    >It is also illegal
    > to fall asleep in a cheese factory.

    Only if you are within 12 feet of the vat.

    Buffalo, Aug 30, 2009
  16. richard

    NormanM Guest

    On Sun, 30 Aug 2009 13:24:02 GMT, Aardvark wrote:

    > It appears to me that he goes through life not quite getting it ...
    > not quite getting the lyrics right.

    I have a cousin who loved a certain Neil Young anti war song, but she had
    know idea what the song was about. She was singing the lyrics at a party,
    once, but when she got to the chorus, she sang, "Forgetting Ohio". She was
    shocked to learn what the song commemorated (shocked at the anti military
    protest aspect of the song; she was a die-hard military brat), and surprised
    to learn the actual words.

    NormanM, Aug 31, 2009
  17. Meat Plow <> pinched out a steaming pile
    of<>:

    >On Sun, 30 Aug 2009 16:32:49 -0600, "Buffalo"
    ><>wrote:
    >

    >>Meat Plow wrote:
    >>>
    >>> In Milwaukee Wisconsin it is illegal to paint faces on lampshades

    that
    >>> can be seen by the public as in your front window.

    >>Especially if those lampshades are made of human skin.
    >>
    >> >It is also illegal
    >>> to fall asleep in a cheese factory.

    >>Only if you are within 12 feet of the vat.
    >>

    >Which vat is that?

    The one where they render the fat of unbaptized infants of course.

    HTH

    §ñühw¤£f, Aug 31, 2009
  18. richard

    Aardvark Guest

    On Mon, 31 Aug 2009 09:36:49 -0400, Meat Plow wrote:

    > On Sun, 30 Aug 2009 16:32:49 -0600, "Buffalo"
    > <>wrote:
    >

    >>Meat Plow wrote:
    >>>
    >>> In Milwaukee Wisconsin it is illegal to paint faces on lampshades that
    >>> can be seen by the public as in your front window.

    >>Especially if those lampshades are made of human skin.
    >>
    >> >It is also illegal
    >>> to fall asleep in a cheese factory.

    >>Only if you are within 12 feet of the vat.
    >>

    > Which vat is that?

    Vat 69 (and that *ain't* the Pope's phone number)

    :)

    Aardvark, Aug 31, 2009
  19. NormanM <> wrote:

    >On Sun, 30 Aug 2009 13:24:02 GMT, Aardvark wrote:
    >
    >> It appears to me that he goes through life not quite getting it ...
    >> not quite getting the lyrics right.

    >I have a cousin who loved a certain Neil Young anti war song, but she had
    >know

    Norm, there is a VERY large difference between "no" (which is what I
    believe you meant) and "know" (which is what you wrote).

    It really cannot be *that* difficult to differentiate between the two
    (spellings).

    (-)

    Codswallop Balderdash, Aug 31, 2009
  20. richard

    NormanM Guest

    On Mon, 31 Aug 2009 16:50:59 -0400, Codswallop Balderdash wrote:

    > It really cannot be *that* difficult to differentiate between the two

    My spell checker can't differentiate, and I was to groggy to see it myself.

    NormanM, Aug 31, 2009