    J1C Guest

    How can I block all inbound connection attempts from a particular IP
    address?

    J1C, Apr 26, 2005

  2. In article <>,
    J1C <> wrote:
    :How can I block all inbound connection attempts from a particular IP
    :address?

    What platform? Which software and which features?

    On the PIX, you would put a deny ip host HOSTIP any
    in the access-list you are applying as your access-group against
    the outside interface. You would need to put the line above
    any 'permit' of 'any' that you had.

    On IOS, you would normally create a numbered access list in
    the range 100-199, something like

    access-list 101 deny ip host HOSTIP any
    ! put any other restrictions here
    ! then make sure you permit everything else you want as the default
    ! is to deny if you have anything in the active ACL
    access-list 101 permit ip any any

    then you would go into interface configuration mode for the
    outside interface and apply it:

    interface FastEthernet0
    ip access-group 101 in
    --