    All the solutions so far require XP or later. Anyone has managed to
    make this work on a 2000 machine?

    Thanks!

    Jeannot, Mar 25, 2009

  2. On Wed, 25 Mar 2009 06:04:18 -0700 (PDT), Jeannot <>
    wrote:

    >Just got my 3080ci.
    >I have about thousands of mp3 songs on my windows 2000 server.
    >
    >All the solutions so far require XP or later. Anyone has managed to
    >make this work on a 2000 machine?
    >
    >Thanks!

    Try Linux.

    StickThatInYourPipeAndSmokeIt, Mar 26, 2009

  3. Jeannot

    Jeannot Guest

    >   Try Linux.

    I can run Linux in my Denon A/V Receiver? Awesome!

    Could you provide links for me?

    Thanks!

    Jeannot, Mar 26, 2009
  4. On Wed, 25 Mar 2009 21:07:46 -0700 (PDT), Jeannot <>
    wrote:

    >>   Try Linux.

    >I can run Linux in my Denon A/V Receiver? Awesome!
    >
    >Could you provide links for me?
    >
    >Thanks!

    Whatever "server" "solution" you are mouthing off about running only
    under XP is NOT "running on your A/V Receiver" either, idiot.

    You boot Knoppix or other live Linux distro CD or DVD and you operate
    it as a media server. No windows required. Not that you pay for all
    your operating systems on all your machines. It would probably be the
    only legitimate machine in the house... except for the MP3s themselves,
    of course.

    You might rate "awesome" in your next life, at which time you *might*
    possess a gram or two of common sense. Link that.

    StickThatInYourPipeAndSmokeIt, Mar 26, 2009
  5. Jeannot

    Jeannot Guest

    On Mar 26, 3:46 am, StickThatInYourPipeAndSmokeIt
    <> wrote:
    > On Wed, 25 Mar 2009 21:07:46 -0700 (PDT), Jeannot <>
    > wrote:
    >
    > >>   Try Linux.

    > >I can run Linux in my Denon A/V Receiver? Awesome!

    > >Could you provide links for me?

    > >Thanks!

    >   Whatever "server" "solution" you are mouthing off about running only
    > under XP is NOT "running on your A/V Receiver" either, idiot.
    >
    >   You boot Knoppix or other live Linux distro CD or DVD and you operate
    > it as a media server.  No windows required.  Not that you pay for all
    > your operating systems on all your machines.  It would probably be the
    > only legitimate machine in the house...  except for the MP3s themselves,
    > of course.
    >
    >   You might rate "awesome" in your next life, at which time you *might*
    > possess a gram or two of common sense.  Link that.

    Hmmm, despite the fact that you missed my sarcasm about my A/V
    receiver running Linux, I can still read between your insults and your
    attacks your potential of bringing something positive to the
    discussion.

    So here's my question to you: Does this media server protocol (that
    Media Player implements) have a name or an acronym? I could then
    search around for such a media server service that runs under Windows
    2000.

    Please, feel free to accompany your answer with attacks and insults
    again, we should all get something out of this.

    Have a wonderful day.

    Thanks

    Jeannot, Mar 26, 2009
  6. Jeannot

    Jeannot Guest

    Okay, I found my answer.

    Denon specifiy that the 3808ci needs a DLNA server. There are a few
    around, I'll just find one and install it on my other PC.

    For more information about the standard: http://www.dlna.org/about_us/about/

    Finally, a warm thank you to StickThatInYourPipeAndSmokeIt, without
    whom this would have been a very lonely post.
    Beyond the topics you try to address and the people you insult, you
    communicate to others who you are. The more you do it, the more likely
    you are to find help. The universe converges towards order, you will
    see.

    Jeannot, Mar 27, 2009
  7. On Thu, 26 Mar 2009 07:56:31 -0700 (PDT), Jeannot <>
    wrote:

    >On Mar 26, 3:46 am, StickThatInYourPipeAndSmokeIt
    ><> wrote:

    >> >I can run Linux in my Denon A/V Receiver? Awesome!

    >> >Could you provide links for me?

    >> >Thanks!

    >>   Whatever "server" "solution" you are mouthing off about running only
    >> under XP is NOT "running on your A/V Receiver" either, idiot.
    >>
    >>   You boot Knoppix or other live Linux distro CD or DVD and you operate
    >> it as a media server.  No windows required.  Not that you pay for all
    >> your operating systems on all your machines.  It would probably be the
    >> only legitimate machine in the house...  except for the MP3s themselves,
    >> of course.
    >>
    >>   You might rate "awesome" in your next life, at which time you *might*
    >> possess a gram or two of common sense.  Link that.

    >Hmmm, despite the fact that you missed my sarcasm about my A/V
    >receiver running Linux, I can still read between your insults and your
    >attacks your potential of bringing something positive to the
    >discussion.
    >
    >So here's my question to you: Does this media server protocol (that
    >Media Player implements) have a name or an acronym? I could then
    >search around for such a media server service that runs under Windows
    >2000.
    >
    >Please, feel free to accompany your answer with attacks and insults
    >again, we should all get something out of this.
    >
    >Have a wonderful day.
    >
    >Thanks

    It wasn't me 'missing your sarcasm'. You're the one that made the
    remark. I didn't miss a goddamned thing, lil missy.

    MythTV

    http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=mythtv&btnG=Google Search&aq=1&oq=myth

    StickThatInYourPipeAndSmokeIt, Mar 27, 2009
  8. Jeannot

    Jeannot Guest

    > I didn't miss a goddamned thing, lil missy.

    I'm male.

    Jeannot, Mar 27, 2009
  9. On Fri, 27 Mar 2009 06:52:39 -0700 (PDT), Jeannot <>
    wrote:

    >> I didn't miss a goddamned thing, lil missy.

    >I'm male.

    Same remark!

    StickThatInYourPipeAndSmokeIt, Mar 28, 2009
  10. On Sat, 28 Mar 2009 00:47:07 -0500, Syndicate
    <> wrote:

    >StickThatInYourPipeAndSmokeIt can shove it up your a.s.s and smell it.
    >Never seen someone act like a total dick from square one like you did.
    >Maybe its time for someone to kick your sorry a.s.s and knock you off
    >the ten foot f.u.c.k.i.n stool you put your self on. Jackass.

    I am in San Diego, fucktard. Since you are too much of a pussy to
    actually spell a word out, I am sure that you are too much of a pussy to
    come find me and my stool, which I would only make you eat enough of to
    kill you. Bwuahahahahahaha! P U S S Y! Bwuahahahahaha!

    StickThatInYourPipeAndSmokeIt, Mar 28, 2009
  11. Jeannot

    Jeannot Guest

    On Mar 28, 2:49 pm, StickThatInYourPipeAndSmokeIt
    <> wrote:
    > On Sat, 28 Mar 2009 00:47:07 -0500, Syndicate
    >
    > <> wrote:
    >
    > >StickThatInYourPipeAndSmokeIt can shove it up your a.s.s and smell it.
    > >Never seen someone act like a total dick from square one like you did.
    > >Maybe its time for someone to kick your sorry a.s.s and knock you off
    > >the ten foot f.u.c.k.i.n  stool you put your self on. Jackass.

    >   I am in San Diego, fucktard.  Since you are too much of a pussy to
    > actually spell a word out, I am sure that you are too much of a pussy to
    > come find me and my stool, which I would only make you eat enough of to
    > kill you.  Bwuahahahahahaha!  P U S S Y!  Bwuahahahahaha!

    To anyone who read this thread, I apologize for having started it.

    If you're not from this planet, I would ask that you would not bear a
    blanket judgment on humans based on this post. Every human is
    different, please be understanding. I bet you have beings on your
    planet you'd rather not be associated with too. And yes, given our
    diversity it's a miracle that we did not blow ourselves up so far. But
    please bear with us. If you have a good tolerance for nuclear
    radiation, this place will be up for grabs in a few of our years.

    Jeannot, Mar 28, 2009
  12. Jeannot

    Jeannot, Mar 28, 2009
  13. Jeannot

    BlueBuyYoo Guest

    Jeannot wrote:
    > On Mar 28, 2:49 pm, StickThatInYourPipeAndSmokeIt
    > <> wrote:
    >> On Sat, 28 Mar 2009 00:47:07 -0500, Syndicate
    >>
    >> <> wrote:
    >>
    >>> StickThatInYourPipeAndSmokeIt can shove it up your a.s.s and smell it.
    >>> Never seen someone act like a total dick from square one like you did.
    >>> Maybe its time for someone to kick your sorry a.s.s and knock you off
    >>> the ten foot f.u.c.k.i.n stool you put your self on. Jackass.

    >> I am in San Diego, fucktard. Since you are too much of a pussy to
    >> actually spell a word out, I am sure that you are too much of a pussy to
    >> come find me and my stool, which I would only make you eat enough of to
    >> kill you. Bwuahahahahahaha! P U S S Y! Bwuahahahahaha!

    > To anyone who read this thread, I apologize for having started it.
    >
    > If you're not from this planet, I would ask that you would not bear a
    > blanket judgment on humans based on this post. Every human is
    > different, please be understanding. I bet you have beings on your
    > planet you'd rather not be associated with too. And yes, given our
    > diversity it's a miracle that we did not blow ourselves up so far. But
    > please bear with us. If you have a good tolerance for nuclear
    > radiation, this place will be up for grabs in a few of our years.

    No need to apologize. That's his SOP. Almost all threads in this
    newsgroup are hijacked by the same dickhead kook using one of his giggly
    nyms (AL, Bart, Buford, Mimzy, AnimalMagic, pipe, patriot, neanderthal,
    secret, dark, roylfuchs, soothsayer, kraken, prong...et al) He takes
    over, cusses everyone out, calls them retards and kills the thread.

    BlueBuyYoo, Mar 28, 2009
  14. Jeannot

    Jeannot, Mar 28, 2009
  15. On Sat, 28 Mar 2009 14:09:16 -0700 (PDT), Jeannot <>
    wrote:

    > If you have a good tolerance for nuclear
    >radiation, this place will be up for grabs in a few of our years.

    Hopefully you'll be nearby enough to the first one that goes off.

    StickThatInYourPipeAndSmokeIt, Mar 28, 2009
  16. Jeannot

    FatBytestard Guest

    On Sat, 28 Mar 2009 17:28:25 -0400, BlueBuyYoo <>
    wrote:

    >kills the thread.

    You're an idiot.

    FatBytestard, Mar 28, 2009
  17. Jeannot

    BlueBuyYoo Guest

    FatBytestard wrote:
    > On Sat, 28 Mar 2009 17:28:25 -0400, BlueBuyYoo <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >> kills the thread.

    > You're an idiot.

    Congrats! You managed to successfully kill another thread.

    BlueBuyYoo, Mar 29, 2009
  18. Jeannot

    Jeannot Guest

    Jeannot, Mar 30, 2009
  19. Jeannot

    Jeannot Guest

    Jeannot, Mar 30, 2009
  20. Jeannot

    IAmTheSlime Guest

    On Mon, 30 Mar 2009 12:05:04 -0700 (PDT), Jeannot <>
    wrote:

    >I started a new thread with the solution. Please refer to:
    >http://groups.google.com/group/alt.video.dvd/browse_thread/thread/af9258c9fa621d1f#
    >
    >As to the human problems above, I'm convinced Darwin will take care of
    >them eventually.

    Any dope that is posting through google is being taken care of by
    Darwin already. You are such a dope. Hilarious.

    IAmTheSlime, Mar 31, 2009