DENON’S DVD-5910 FEATURING REALTA HQV™ CHIP GETS HIGHEST SCORE EVER FOR A DVD PLAYER.

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by Allan, Feb 17, 2005.

  1. Allan

    Allan Guest

    DENON’S DVD-5910 FEATURING REALTA HQV™ CHIP GETS HIGHEST SCORE EVER
    FOR A DVD PLAYER

    For more info visit http://www.siliconoptix.com

    Denon’s flagship DVD player, DVD-5910 with Realta™ Hollywood Quality
    Video (HQV™ ) technology has received the highest score ever, 97 out
    of 100, in the history of the Secrets of Home Theater and High
    Fidelity’s DVD benchmark.

    San Jose, Calif. (Feb. 16, 2005)—Denon’s flagship DVD player, DVD-5910
    with Realta‘ Hollywood Quality Video (HQV‘) technology has received
    the highest score ever, 97 out of 100, in the history of the Secrets
    of Home Theater and High Fidelity’s DVD benchmark.

    “We’ve tested hundreds of DVD players, and Denon’s 5910 delivers the
    highest-quality image that we’ve ever seen. The addition of the
    Silicon Optix Realta HQV chip is a breakthrough feature of this
    player,” stated Kris Deering of Secrets of Home Theater and High
    Fidelity (www.hometheaterhifi.com).

    “Denon’s 5910 transforms DVDs to near-HD quality and is a perfect
    companion to anyone who has an HD display and wants to get the most
    from the thousands of DVD’s that are available today,” continued
    Deering.

    The Realta HQV chip originates from Teranex’s broadcast and
    postproduction platforms. Teranex’s software algorithms run on
    Realta’s fully programmable, trillion-operations-per second video
    processing engine to deliver a new standard in image quality, a
    standard Silicon Optix is calling Hollywood Quality Video, or HQV.

    The Realta HQV processor has already won six awards since its launch
    in September 2004, including the CES 2005 “Best of Innovations” award
    for the Embedded Technologies category, “Most Promising New
    Technology” and “Most Exciting New Company” from The Perfect Vision,
    “Best Buzz” of CEDIA from Insight Media, AVGuide Monthly’s “Best
    Product Overall” and Red Herring`s “Top 100 Innovators” award.

    The DVD-5910 is available now at a suggested retail price of $3500
    (USD). For more information on Denon, please visit: www.usa.denon.com.

    To learn more about Realta HQV go to www.siliconoptix.com.

    About Denon Electronics
    From its beginning in the 1930s as a supplier of professional
    recording studio and broadcast equipment, Denon has become a world
    leader in the manufacture of the highest quality home theater, audio
    and software products. Denon is recognized internationally for
    innovative and groundbreaking products and has a long history of
    technical innovations, including the development and first
    commercialization of PCM digital audio. Denon Electronics is a wholly
    owned subsidiary of D&M Holdings Inc.

    About Silicon Optix
    Silicon Optix Inc., a privately held fabless semiconductor company, is
    the leading supplier of advanced video/image digital processing
    integrated circuits (ICs). The company’s products are driving three
    unique technologies into a broad range of markets: a patented,
    powerful, array-based programmable DSP for digital video;
    industry-leading software algorithms from Teranex; and proprietary
    eWARP‘ geometry processing. Its mission is to leverage these
    innovative technologies into ICs that will enable the next generation
    of digital video/image capture, transmission, distribution, editing,
    storage, and display solutions, with an initial focus on large-area
    digital displays including front and rear projection. Silicon Optix is
    headquartered in San Jose, California, with operations in Hanover,
    Germany; Orlando, Florida; Taipei, Taiwan; and Toronto, Canada. For
    more information about Silicon Optix, please visit the company`s web
    site at www.siliconoptix.com.

    http://www.hometoys.com/news.php4?section=view&id=19802501

    - Neil Stephenson, _Cryptonomicon_
    Allan, Feb 17, 2005

  2. Allan

    RichA Guest

    On Wed, 16 Feb 2005 21:07:47 -0500, Allan
    <> wrote:

    >DENON’S DVD-5910 FEATURING REALTA HQV™ CHIP GETS HIGHEST SCORE EVER
    >FOR A DVD PLAYER
    >
    >For more info visit http://www.siliconoptix.com
    >
    >Denon’s flagship DVD player, DVD-5910 with Realta™ Hollywood Quality
    >Video (HQV™ ) technology has received the highest score ever, 97 out
    >of 100, in the history of the Secrets of Home Theater and High
    >Fidelity’s DVD benchmark.
    >
    >San Jose, Calif. (Feb. 16, 2005)—Denon’s flagship DVD player, DVD-5910
    >with Realta‘ Hollywood Quality Video (HQV‘) technology has received
    >the highest score ever, 97 out of 100, in the history of the Secrets
    >of Home Theater and High Fidelity’s DVD benchmark.
    >
    >“We’ve tested hundreds of DVD players, and Denon’s 5910 delivers the
    >highest-quality image that we’ve ever seen. The addition of the
    >Silicon Optix Realta HQV chip is a breakthrough feature of this
    >player,” stated Kris Deering of Secrets of Home Theater and High
    >Fidelity (www.hometheaterhifi.com).
    >
    >“Denon’s 5910 transforms DVDs to near-HD quality and is a perfect
    >companion to anyone who has an HD display and wants to get the most
    >from the thousands of DVD’s that are available today,” continued
    >Deering.

    Forgetting that most American home theatre mags are run by ad whores
    and that their reviews cannot be trusted, this is interesting.
    But the machine also costs as much as the Blu-Ray and HD-DVD top line
    machines cost. In a sense, this reminds me of people extolling the
    virtues of the top-line Pioneer laserdisc (Elite and 704s) players
    when DVDs had already taken off. Kind of late in the game, but
    perhaps still viable?
    -Rich
    RichA, Feb 17, 2005