Delphi development environments, beware...

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Dave Doe, Sep 16, 2009.

  1. Dave Doe

    Dave Doe Guest

    Dave Doe, Sep 16, 2009

  2. Dave Doe

    Richard Guest

    Richard, Sep 16, 2009

  3. Dave Doe

    Dave Doe Guest

    In article <h8qebg$kbv$>, says...
    > Dave Doe wrote:
    > > The Delphi Induc virus...
    > >
    > > http://www.sophos.com.au/blogs/gc/g/2009/08/21/podcast-delphi-induc-
    > > virus?utm_source=Non-campaign&utm_medium=Customer%
    > > 20newsletter&utm_campaign=AU-NL-20090915?lang=en
    > >

    > If you're gonna post long links, dont wrap them or use tinyurl.

    I considered it. But naa... if it interests you, and you're a
    programer, and you can't unwrap the URL... 'nuff said.

    --
    Duncan

    Dave Doe, Sep 16, 2009
  4. Dave Doe

    impossible Guest

    "Dave Doe" <> wrote in message
    > In article <h8qebg$kbv$>, says...
    >> Dave Doe wrote:
    >> > The Delphi Induc virus...
    >> >
    >> > http://www.sophos.com.au/blogs/gc/g/2009/08/21/podcast-delphi-induc-
    >> > virus?utm_source=Non-campaign&utm_medium=Customer%
    >> > 20newsletter&utm_campaign=AU-NL-20090915?lang=en
    >> >

    >> If you're gonna post long links, dont wrap them or use tinyurl.

    > I considered it. But naa... if it interests you, and you're a
    > programer, and you can't unwrap the URL... 'nuff said.
    >
    > --

    You're lazy, you mean?

    impossible, Sep 16, 2009
  5. Dave Doe

    Max Burke Guest

    Richard wrote:
    > Dave Doe wrote:
    >> The Delphi Induc virus...
    >>
    >> http://www.sophos.com.au/blogs/gc/g/2009/08/21/podcast-delphi-induc-
    >> virus?utm_source=Non-campaign&utm_medium=Customer%
    >> 20newsletter&utm_campaign=AU-NL-20090915?lang=en
    >>

    > If you're gonna post long links, dont wrap them or use tinyurl.
    >
    > But yeah, thats a funny one that virus...

    You got that right.
    It's designed to make anti-virus software do the damage.

    Question: W32/Induc-A - The Delphi Virus. Will Your Applications Be
    Affected?
    The virus, named W32/Induc-A, targets a development environment,
    specifically: Delphi versions 4, 5, 6 and 7. The virus was written to
    infect applications compiled with either Delphi 4, Delphi 5, Delphi 6 or
    Delphi 7.

    In essence, the virus does not do anything, but you can have problems if
    your applications get affected: anti-virus software might put your
    programs in the quarantine and block its execution.
    http://delphi.about.com/od/humorandfun/f/w32-induc-a-delphi-virus.htm

    Found Images

    Max Burke, Sep 16, 2009
  6. Dave Doe

    Me Guest

    Max Burke wrote:
    > The virus was written to
    > infect applications compiled with either Delphi 4, Delphi 5, Delphi 6 or
    > Delphi 7.

    Delphi 7 is kind of old - 2002 release.
    There's a few hiccups installing Delphi 7 (or below) on a Vista (or 7)
    system. Relatively easily fixed (IIRC there's one file which needs to
    be extracted, renamed and copied over manually from the install disk to
    program file directory after installing it), and then there seems to be
    no way to change default output directory away from the dumb (even at
    the time in 2002) idea of having it in a program files sub-directory, so
    you need to change that manually with each new project before compiling.
    Otherwise, it seems to work just fine.

    Me, Sep 17, 2009