    E) Video controller (vga compatible)

    I would be grateful for any help in finding the drivers for the above.
    Thanks in advance.
    carole, Mar 29, 2006

  2. carole

    someone Guest

    "carole" <> wrote in message
    news:9nAWf.289704$...
    >I have been given a dell latitude D600 laptop and I have reinstalled
    >windows xp pro. Everything loaded okay except the drivers for
    > A) Ethernet controller
    > B) Multi media audio controller
    > C) o2 micro smart card bus reader
    > D) PCI modem
    > E) Video controller (vga compatible)
    >
    > I would be grateful for any help in finding the drivers for the above.
    > Thanks in advance.

    D\load and install `Belarc Advisor` from here:
    www.belarc.com/free_download.html
    Run it to find the info for the drivers you need.
    then you can www.google.com
    to find those drivers.

    --
    bw..OJ
    someone, Mar 29, 2006

  3. carole

    Budweiser Guest

    "carole" <> wrote in message
    >I have been given a dell latitude D600 laptop and I have reinstalled
    >windows xp pro. Everything loaded okay except the drivers for
    > A) Ethernet controller
    > B) Multi media audio controller
    > C) o2 micro smart card bus reader
    > D) PCI modem
    > E) Video controller (vga compatible)
    >
    > I would be grateful for any help in finding the drivers for the above.
    > Thanks in advance.

    The Dell site is a pretty good place to start

    your drivers are here
    http://support.dell.com/support/dow...s=gen&SystemID=LAT_PNT_PM_D600&os=WW1&osl=EN#
    Budweiser, Mar 29, 2006
  4. carole

    Dan Evans Guest

    "carole" <> wrote in message
    >I have been given a dell latitude D600 laptop and I have reinstalled
    >windows xp pro. Everything loaded okay except the drivers for
    > A) Ethernet controller
    > B) Multi media audio controller
    > C) o2 micro smart card bus reader
    > D) PCI modem
    > E) Video controller (vga compatible)
    >
    > I would be grateful for any help in finding the drivers for the above.
    > Thanks in advance.

    What did the driver download part of Dell support site have available?

    Dan

    Dan Evans, Mar 30, 2006
  5. carole

    Toolman Tim Guest

    In news:9nAWf.289704$,
    carole spewed forth:
    > I have been given a dell latitude D600 laptop and I have reinstalled
    > windows xp pro. Everything loaded okay except the drivers for
    > A) Ethernet controller
    > B) Multi media audio controller
    > C) o2 micro smart card bus reader
    > D) PCI modem
    > E) Video controller (vga compatible)
    >
    > I would be grateful for any help in finding the drivers for the above.
    > Thanks in advance.

    Go to this website:

    http://support.dell.com

    and put the Service Tag ID number in the box on the right, select "Original
    System Configuration" in the Select a tool box, then click on "Go". It will
    tell you exactly what is inside your laptop. Then you can go back to the
    drivers and downloads page and get exactly what you need.

    --
    My wife and I divorced over religious differences. She thought she wasat
    God and I didn't.
    Toolman Tim, Mar 30, 2006
  6. carole

    twitchy Guest

    which of these refers to the original post?
    Quantity
    Parts #
    Part Description

    1
    2N403
    HEATSINK, PLASTIC GRID ARRAY, NOTEBOOK, BURN 2

    1
    4W884
    PROCESSOR, 80535, 1.7GHZ, 1MB, MICRO FLIP CHIP PIN GRID ALIGNMENT

    1
    1M590
    BATTERY, PRIMARY, 11.1V, 6C, CYLINDRICAL, SONY

    0
    0R655
    INFORMATION, LOM UTILITY, D600

    0
    0U228
    SERVICE CHARGE, OPERATING SYSTEM, WINDOWS XP, QFEX, CLEARTYPE
    FONT

    9
    3R690
    SCREW, 2.5X8, #1- KSH, MACHINE SCREW, CADMIUM PLATED STEEL

    4
    4270E
    SCREW, M2X3, K SCREW HEAD, MICROSOFT, BLACK OXIDE

    5
    4911U
    SCREW, 2.5X6, K SCREW HEAD, MACHINE SCREW, CADMIUM PLATED STEEL

    1
    6337P
    LABEL, SVC TAG/EXPRESS CODE, LATC

    1
    6M871
    ASSEMBLY, CABLE, COAXIAL, LIQUID CRYSTAL DISPLAY, D-FAMILY

    1
    6M873
    BEZEL, LIQUID CRYSTAL DISPLAY, LATITUDE, D600

    6
    6R933
    COVER, BEZEL, BUMP, BII

    0
    6T529
    SERVICE CHARGE, SOFTWARE, VIDEO, ATI TECHNOLOGIES INC, M9,
    HYPERTEXT MARKUP LANGUAGE, D600

    1
    8J775
    LIQUID CRYSTAL DISPLAY, THIN FILM TRANSISTOR, SUPER EXTENDED
    GRAPHICS ARRAY PLUS, STANDARD PANEL WORK GROUP B, 14.1, SAMSUNG

    1
    8M659
    ASSEMBLY, HINGE, COUNTER, COVER, NOTEBOOK, D600

    1
    8M669
    ASSEMBLY, COVER, LIQUID CRYSTAL DISPLAY, 14.1, NOTEBOOK, D600

    2
    8T145
    BRACKET, LIQUID CRYSTAL DISPLAY, ADAPTER, D600

    0
    8T386
    SERVICE CHARGE, SOFTWARE, VIDEO, ATI TECHNOLOGIES INC, M9,
    LATITUDE, D600

    1
    9P997
    LABEL, MSLOGO, WINDOWS XP, SMALL

    6
    C2930
    SCREW, M2X5.5, K SCREW HEAD, MICROSOFT, NICKEL

    1
    X2034
    ASSEMBLY, BASE (ASSEMBLY OR GROUP), NOTEBOOK, PENTIUM 4, M9, 32M,
    BURN 2, V2

    1
    X3677
    ASSEMBLY, PALMREST, DUAL POINTING, D600, V2

    2
    3Y182
    DUAL IN-LINE MEMORY MODULE, 256, 266, 32X64, 8K, 200, BURN 2

    1
    2R152
    ASSEMBLY, FLOPPY DRIVE, 1.44M, 3.5" FORM FACTOR, UNIVERSAL SERIAL
    BUS, NEC CORPORATION, D MODULES

    1
    J2711
    ASSEMBLY, CABLE, UNIVERSAL SERIAL BUS, FDD, PROPOSITION 65, D
    MODULES

    1
    6U946
    CASE, CARRYING, NYLON, D-FAMILY

    0
    4U628
    SERVICE CHARGE, SOFTWARE, DVDSENTRY, LATITUDE

    0
    4U831
    SERVICE CHARGE, HYPERTEXT MARKUP LANGUAGE, DIGITAL VIDEO DISK
    DRIVE, INTERVIDEO, 4.0, LATITUDE

    0
    4U832
    SERVICE CHARGE, SOFTWARE, DIGITAL VIDEO DISK DRIVE, INTERVIDEO,
    4.0, LATITUDE

    1
    7T902
    KIT, DOCUMENTATON ON FLOPPY DISK, INTERVIDEO, 4.0, WITHOUT DOLBY
    HEADPHONE TECHNOLOGY

    1
    1M737
    KEYBOARD, 88, UNITED KINGDOM, DUAL POINTING, D-FAMILY, R2

    1
    2N659
    GUIDE, SFTY/REG, D600, EUROPE, MIDDLE EAST & AFRICA

    0
    1W788
    SERVICE CHARGE, DIGITAL LINE GUARD, MODEM DAUGHTER CARD, D480
    CONEXANT ECLIPSE MODEM, LATITUDE

    0
    3T387
    SERVICE CHARGE, HYPERTEXT MARKUP LANGUAGE, MODEM DAUGHTER CARD,
    D480 CONEXANT ECLIPSE MODEM, LATITUDE

    1
    3Y220
    LABEL, REGULATORY, MODEM, D480 CONEXANT ECLIPSE MODEM, D-FAMILY

    ADAPTER, CONNECTOR, 1717SPLX

    1
    82UXX
    KIT, CABLE, INPUT/OUTPUT, 4 PIN PHONE CONNECTOR, BLACK, 6FT,
    WORLD WIDE

    0
    J0520
    SERVICE CHARGE, DIAGNOSTICS, MODEM DAUGHTER CARD, D480 CONEXANT
    ECLIPSE MODEM, LATCHED ADDRESS, D-FAMILY

    0
    J1281
    SERVICE CHARGE, DRIVER, MODEM DAUGHTER CARD, D480 CONEXANT
    ECLIPSE MODEM, LATITUDE

    0
    J1282
    SERVICE CHARGE, APPLICATION, MODEM DAUGHTER CARD, D480 CONEXANT
    ECLIPSE MODEM, LATITUDE

    1
    Y0231
    MODEM, 56K, INTERNAL, MODEM DAUGHTER CARD, D480 CONEXANT ECLIPSE
    MODEM, V2

    0
    2W444
    SERVICE CHARGE, SOFTWARE, HYPERTEXT MARKUP LANGUAGE, ROXIO,
    V5.3.4, ACROSS LINE OF BUSINESS

    0
    9U346
    SERVICE CHARGE, SOFTWARE, ROXIO, COMPACT DISK READ WRITE, 5.3.4,
    LATITUDE

    1
    9U349
    KIT, COMPACT DISKETTE, COMPACT DISK READ WRITE, ROXIO, V5.3.4,
    SP8

    1
    K0033
    ASSEMBLY, COMPACT DISK READ WRITE/DIGITAL VIDEO DISK DRIVE COMBO,
    SMALL FORM FACTOR, Quanta Storage Inc, D MODULES

    0
    2F669
    SERVICE CHARGE, SOFTWARE, DIRECT X (@V), 80001, WORLD WIDE

    0
    4F420
    INFORMATION, DIRECT X (@V), 80001

    0
    4U454
    SERVICE CHARGE, SOFTWARE, O2 MICRO, SELF MONITORING ANALYSIS &
    REPORTING TECHNOLOGY, LATITUDE, D600

    SERVICE CHARGE, SOFTWARE, FULLY INTEGRATED SYSTEM TEST

    INFORMATION, SOFTWARE, UTILITY-PARTITION, 10MB

    0
    5U683
    SERVICE CHARGE, SOFTWARE, NETWORK INTERFACE CARD/CONTROLLERS,
    LATITUDE, D600

    0
    6T523
    SERVICE CHARGE, SOFTWARE, QIK-SET, LATITUDE, D600

    0
    6T524
    SERVICE CHARGE, SOFTWARE, EDOC, LATITUDE, D600

    0
    7T287
    SERVICE CHARGE, SOFTWARE, TOUCHPAD, LATITUDE, D600

    0
    7T289
    SERVICE CHARGE, SOFTWARE, P4300M, LATITUDE, D600

    0
    7T291
    SERVICE CHARGE, SOFTWARE, INFRA-RED, LATITUDE, D-FAMILY

    0
    7X611
    SERVICE CHARGE, SOFTWARE, ON BOARD DIAGNOSTICS, LATITUDE, D600

    0
    8T374
    SERVICE CHARGE, SOFTWARE, SPEED STEP, D600

    0
    8T376
    SERVICE CHARGE, SOFTWARE, AUDIO, LATITUDE, D600

    0
    9T423
    SERVICE CHARGE, SOFTWARE, UTILITIES, UTILITY, LATITUDE, D600

    0
    9W912
    SERVICE CHARGE, SOFTWARE, NETWORK INTERFACE CARD/CONTROLLERS,
    DIAGS, D600

    0
    9W913
    SERVICE CHARGE, SOFTWARE, NOTEBOOK, SYSTEM, SOFTWARE, D600

    0
    9W916
    SERVICE CHARGE, SOFTWARE, ALERT SOLUTIONS, MANAGEMENT, D600

    0
    C0230
    SERVICE CHARGE, SOFTWARE, DELL COMPUTER CORPORATION, OMCIXLT,
    REVISION, LATITUDE

    0
    F0969
    SERVICE CHARGE, SOFTWARE, LOM-EDOC, D600

    0
    F0971
    SERVICE CHARGE, SOFTWARE, ASF-EDOC, D600

    0
    R0696
    SERVICE CHARGE, SOFTWARE, LATITUDE, D-FAMILY, WALLPAPER, W

    1
    X2976
    KIT, COMPACT DISKETTE, DRIVER, ELECTRONIC CD, LATITUDE

    0
    Y0352
    SERVICE CHARGE, SOFTWARE, MICROSOFT, WINDOWS 2000, USB-2.0-SUPLMT

    0
    0E779
    INFORMATION, WINDOWS XP

    0
    0F714
    INFORMATION, IE@V, 60000

    0
    0F773
    INFORMATION, DIRECT X (@V), 81000

    0
    0X525
    SERVICE CHARGE, OPERATING SYSTEM, WXPPSP1, 128, ENGLAND/ENGLISH

    0
    0X731
    SERVICE CHARGE, SOFTWARE, PCH1.3, WINDOWS XP, SP1, LATITUDE

    0
    0Y701
    SERVICE CHARGE, SOFTWARE, WXP-W2K, DMA-ENABLE-XLOB

    0
    1T855
    SERVICE CHARGE, SOFTWARE, WINDOWS XP, 3RD-TIME-FIX

    0
    1X508
    SERVICE CHARGE, SOFTWARE, WINDOWS XP PROFESSIONAL, SP1, STEP BY
    STEP INTERACTIVE

    0
    2P958
    SERVICE CHARGE, OPERATING SYSTEM, WXPSP1, Q813862

    0
    3D588
    SERVICE CHARGE, OPERATING SYSTEM, WINDOWS XP, WINDOWS 2000,
    Q331953

    0
    3X384
    SERVICE CHARGE, SOFTWARE, WINDOWS XP, SP1, 128, INTEGRATION

    0
    3X386
    SERVICE CHARGE, SOFTWARE, WINDOWS XP, SP1, BRAND, CUSTOMER, DELL
    COMPUTER CORPORATION

    0
    6W655
    SERVICE CHARGE, SOFTWARE, Storage Processor, ON-LINE ANLYSS

    0
    7X309
    SERVICE CHARGE, OPERATING SYSTEM, WINDOWS XP PROFESSIONAL,
    WXPSP1, Q815304

    0
    7X779
    SERVICE CHARGE, OPERATING SYSTEM, WXPSP1, W2KSP4, Q823559

    0
    7X780
    SERVICE CHARGE, OPERATING SYSTEM, WXPSP1, Q817472

    0
    7X781
    SERVICE CHARGE, SOFTWARE, WINDOWS XP, Hyperthreading, Q817027

    1
    932RY
    LABEL, CERTIFICATE OF AUTHENTICITY, WINDOWS XP PROFESSIONAL, 32
    BITS, PRINT ON DEMAND

    0
    9H374
    SERVICE CHARGE, SOFTWARE, DELL SOLUTION CENTER, LATITUDE

    0
    9U404
    SERVICE CHARGE, OPERATING SYSTEM, WXPSP1, WINDOWS XP, Q816486

    0
    C1345
    SERVICE CHARGE, OPERATING SYSTEM, WINDOWS XP, WINDOWS 2000,
    REM-NTFS-DELAY

    0
    D1727
    SERVICE CHARGE, OPERATING SYSTEM, MICROSOFT, WINDOWS XP,
    CONVERT-UTILITY

    0
    D3728
    SERVICE CHARGE, OPERATING SYSTEM, WXPSP1, Q329112

    0
    G0748
    SERVICE CHARGE, OPERATING SYSTEM, WXPSP1, Q327979

    0
    G0991
    SERVICE CHARGE, OPERATING SYSTEM, WINDOWS XP, WINDOWS 2000,
    DRIVE-INDEX

    0
    G1816
    SERVICE CHARGE, SOFTWARE, MICROSOFT, WINDOWS 2000, Storage
    Processor, SUN-JAVA

    0
    J1481
    SERVICE CHARGE, OPERATING SYSTEM, WINDOWS XP, Q816979

    0
    J1680
    SERVICE CHARGE, OPERATING SYSTEM, WINDOWS XP, DATE-STAMP-A02

    0
    K1555
    SERVICE CHARGE, OPERATING SYSTEM, WINDOWS XP, Q329048-A02

    0
    N0071
    SERVICE CHARGE, OPERATING SYSTEM, WXPSP1, Q329909

    0
    N1150
    SERVICE CHARGE, OPERATING SYSTEM, WXPSP1, WINDOWS XP, Q816982

    0
    N1265
    SERVICE CHARGE, OPERATING SYSTEM, WINDOWS XP PROFESSIONAL,
    WXPSP1, Q815485

    0
    P1016
    SERVICE CHARGE, OPERATING SYSTEM, WINDOWS XP, WINDOWS 2000,
    Q811789

    0
    P1110
    SERVICE CHARGE, OPERATING SYSTEM, WXPSP1, Q816981

    0
    P2365
    SERVICE CHARGE, OPERATING SYSTEM, WXPSP1, Q822603, USB2.0

    0
    R0879
    SERVICE CHARGE, OPERATING SYSTEM, WINDOWS XP, Q330512

    0
    R0920
    SERVICE CHARGE, OPERATING SYSTEM, DIRECT-X INSTALLER

    0
    R2810
    SERVICE CHARGE, SOFTWARE, WINDOWS XP, REMOVAL, MICROSOFT, JAVA

    0
    T2673
    SERVICE CHARGE, OPERATING SYSTEM, WINDOWS XP, OCA-MARKER

    0
    W2187
    SERVICE CHARGE, OPERATING SYSTEM, WXPSP1, PAR-PORT

    INFORMATION, NO ITEM

    1
    3X705
    KIT, COVER, PT-STIK, BLUE, D-FAMILY

    1
    3X761
    KIT, SCREW, SECURITY, PORTABLE, WORLD WIDE

    1
    4R591
    SHIPPING MATERIAL, BOX, SYSTEM BOARD, NOTEBOOK, SMALL, EUROPE,
    MIDDLE EAST & AFRICA

    1
    6800D
    SHIPPING MATERIAL, BAG, 20X14, ELECTROSTATIC DISCHARGE

    1
    6U364
    KIT, CORD, 250, 3F, D3W/3P, UNITED KINGDOM, SINGAPORE

    1
    7R052
    SHIPPING MATERIAL, BOX, ACCESSORY, NOTEBOOK, EUROPE, MIDDLE EAST
    & AFRICA

    1
    8T428
    LABEL, REGULATORY, NOTEBOOK, LATITUDE, EUROPE, MIDDLE EAST &
    AFRICA

    2
    909RU
    SHIPPING MATERIAL, ENDCAP, NOTEBOOK, MAINSTREAM

    1
    R2527
    KIT, SOFTWARE, OVERPACK, WXPPSP1A, COMPACT DISKETTE
    W/DOCUMENTATION, ENGLAND/ENGLISH

    1
    8Y600
    TECHNICAL SHEET, GOLD TECH SUPPORT, SERVICE, EUROPE, MIDDLE EAST
    & AFRICA, 3YR

    1
    T2357
    ASSEMBLY, ADAPTER, ALTERNATING CURRENT, 65W, 19.5V, ASTEC, WORLD
    WIDE

    1
    2Y801
    LABEL, INTEL, INSIDE, PENTIUM M, NOTEBOOK

    0
    R0253
    INFORMATION, TIE TO VAL, NO-IMPCI, NOTEBOOK

    INFORMATION, 1ST BOOT, HARD DRIVE

    1
    0R854
    TRAY, W/BZL, HARD DRIVE, D600

    4
    5X488
    SCREW, M3X3, K SCREW HEAD, MICROSOFT, BLACK OXIDE

    1
    63PDH
    SCREW, M2.5X5, PHILLIPS HEAD, THREAD FORMED, BCS

    1
    8267R
    CONNECTOR, HEADER, 2X22, FEMALE, 2, S, G, 35K, THIRD HEIGHT, CHIP
    SET

    1
    N1166
    HARD DRIVE, 40GB, I, 9.5MM, 5.4K, HIT-MRGA

    twitchy, Mar 30, 2006
  7. carole

    Budweiser Guest

    "twitchy" <> wrote in message
> [...]
    > SCREW, M2.5X5, PHILLIPS HEAD, THREAD FORMED, BCS
    >
    > 1
    > 8267R
    > CONNECTOR, HEADER, 2X22, FEMALE, 2, S, G, 35K, THIRD HEIGHT,
    > CHIP SET
    >
    > 1
    > N1166
    > HARD DRIVE, 40GB, I, 9.5MM, 5.4K, HIT-MRGA
    >

    > "Budweiser" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "carole" <> wrote in message
    >>>I have been given a dell latitude D600 laptop and I have reinstalled
    >>>windows xp pro. Everything loaded okay except the drivers for
    >>> A) Ethernet controller
    >>> B) Multi media audio controller
    >>> C) o2 micro smart card bus reader
    >>> D) PCI modem
    >>> E) Video controller (vga compatible)
    >>>
    >>> I would be grateful for any help in finding the drivers for the above.
    >>> Thanks in advance.

    >> The Dell site is a pretty good place to start

    Do not know what chemicals you may be prescribed "twitchy" --- the page
    given has all the drivers for a D600 latitude as supplied,out of the box
    etc.If the OP can not work out which one is required,all they have to do is
    ask again.
    How could i have provided a better lead?----oh sorry i think i was supposed
    to trawl thru it all and resolve?--think not.
    All the drivers for a standard machine are there.
    Budweiser, Mar 30, 2006