    this really a concern? If so, is there something comparable you'd
    recommend? Anything to steer clear of?

    Thanks!

    JW, Aug 19, 2005

  2. JW

    Fakename Guest

    IBM make great computers.

    Fakename, Aug 19, 2005

  3. JW

    birdman Guest

    Dell motherboards and power supplies are generally proprietary and use a
    proprietary connector for the power supply connection to the motherboard. In
    the past Compaq did the same thing, but I have not dealt with them in many
    years.
    Otherwise the parts are standard and upgradeable.
    Evdiently Dell is dropping its standard warranty to 90 days in order to
    squeeze extra bucks out of the consumer for those long distance calls to
    India.

    birdman, Aug 19, 2005
  4. JW

    PZ Guest

    Make sure you get the latest coupons/promotions for Dell computers before
    you buy one!

    Go to:

    http://dellpromos.com

    PZ, Aug 25, 2005