    Will I be able to replace that DVD burner with LG burner that has gor
    both -/+ and
    supports RAM as well? Will it be trouble free to replace that? Thank you.
    y2k, Jul 10, 2004

  2. y2k

    vince Guest

    yes

    vince, Jul 10, 2004

  3. y2k

    Sue Hathcock Guest

    I am about to buy a new DVD burner and would like to know what +R/+RW
    and -R/-RW mean. I have not been able to find anything explaining it.

    Thanks,
    Sue

    "vince" <> wrote in message
    yes
    "y2k" <> wrote in message
    > I'm thnking to buy Dell system 8400 with DVD burner that supports +R/+RW
    > only.
    > Will I be able to replace that DVD burner with LG burner that has gor
    > both -/+ and
    > supports RAM as well? Will it be trouble free to replace that? Thank you.

    ---
    Sue Hathcock, Jul 10, 2004
  4. y2k

    Pen Guest

    There are 2 competing standards for burning DVDs, + and -.
    The best thing to do is buy a burner that handles both, since
    it's
    not clear which standard will prevail. The R and RW refer to
    write
    once(R) or write many times(RW) same as with CDs.

    Pen, Jul 11, 2004
  5. y2k

    Sue Hathcock Guest

    Thanks!

    Sue

    > I am about to buy a new DVD burner and would like to know what

    +R/+RW
    > and -R/-RW mean. I have not been able to find anything

    explaining it.

    > Thanks,
    > Sue
    >

    > "vince" <> wrote in message
    > yes
    > "y2k" <> wrote in message
    > > I'm thnking to buy Dell system 8400 with DVD burner that

    supports +R/+RW
    > > only.
    > > Will I be able to replace that DVD burner with LG burner that

    has gor
    > > both -/+ and
    > > supports RAM as well? Will it be trouble free to replace

    that? Thank you.

    > ---

    ---
    Sue Hathcock, Jul 11, 2004
  6. y2k

    Pen Guest

    You're welcome. Glad to help.

    > Thanks!
    >
    > Sue
    >

    > "Pen" <> wrote in message
    > There are 2 competing standards for burning DVDs, + and -.
    > The best thing to do is buy a burner that handles both, since
    > it's
    > not clear which standard will prevail. The R and RW refer to
    > write
    > once(R) or write many times(RW) same as with CDs.
    >
    > "Sue Hathcock" <> wrote in message
    > > I am about to buy a new DVD burner and would like to know

    what
    > +R/+RW
    > > and -R/-RW mean. I have not been able to find anything

    > explaining it.
    > >
    > > Thanks,
    > > Sue
    > >

    > > "vince" <> wrote in message
    > > yes
    > > "y2k" <> wrote in message
    > > > I'm thnking to buy Dell system 8400 with DVD burner that

    > supports +R/+RW
    > > > only.
    > > > Will I be able to replace that DVD burner with LG burner

    that
    > has gor
    > > > both -/+ and
    > > > supports RAM as well? Will it be trouble free to replace

    > that? Thank you.
    > > >

    > > ---

    7/8/2004

    Pen, Jul 11, 2004