Dell Vs Microsoft Xbox

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Shane, Jan 6, 2006.

  1. Shane

    Shane Guest

    I honestly dont know who to bat for here, I would have thought the xbox
    360 was better suited for the job (vs dell fer crissakes)

    However
    http://www.theregister.co.uk/2006/01/06/dell_game_ces/

    Dismissing Microsoft's Xbox 360 as "so called high-definition gaming,"
    Michael Dell today unveiled a stunning new limited edition Dell gaming PC
    packed with four Nvidia graphics processors and a "factory over-clocked"
    4.26GHz chip

    Chairman Dell did the unveiling here at the Consumer Electronics Show (CES) and
    managed to wow his keynote crowd with the flashy XPS 600 Renegade. The
    limited edition system boasts a custom red paint job with flame graphics
    along the side. Dell also believes the box, shipping in the first quarter,
    will be the first to hold two of Nvidia's GeForce 7800 SLI graphics cards,
    which would allow four graphics processors to be linked together. Add all
    that to the 4.26GHz Intel Extreme Edition dual-core chip, and you've got a
    serious gaming machine. Click Here

    "Our product line is hotter than ever," Dell said.

    We think he was referring to the impressive performance of the system and the
    flame graphics instead of Dell's dependence on Intel's scorching chips.

    Time and again, Dell emphasized that Microsoft's Xbox may seem impressive
    at release, but the locked-down system will soon fail to compete against
    the ever-improving performance of PCs. This makes a Dell PC "much faster
    than any gaming console you can buy," Dell said.

    --
    BOFH excuse #186:

    permission denied
    Shane, Jan 6, 2006

  2. Shane

    Daniel Guest

    Shane wrote:
    <snip>

    > However
    > http://www.theregister.co.uk/2006/01/06/dell_game_ces/

    <snip>

    Hmmm.... XPS 600 Renegade
    + 4.26GHz P4 (guessing this is an Extreme Edition)
    + Quad (yes, 4) 7800GTX GPU's
    + 30" 2560x1600 Widescreen LCD

    Well, I suppose if I had a choice between a free XPS 600 or a free XBox
    360, I guess I'd lean - just a little - towards the XPS 600. But, only
    just mind you.

    If only they bundled Freecell with the XBox 360...
    Daniel, Jan 6, 2006

  3. Shane

    smf Guest

    Daniel wrote:
    > Shane wrote:
    > <snip>
    >>
    >> However
    >> http://www.theregister.co.uk/2006/01/06/dell_game_ces/
    >>

    > <snip>
    >
    > Hmmm.... XPS 600 Renegade
    > + 4.26GHz P4 (guessing this is an Extreme Edition)
    > + Quad (yes, 4) 7800GTX GPU's
    > + 30" 2560x1600 Widescreen LCD
    >
    > Well, I suppose if I had a choice between a free XPS 600 or a free XBox
    > 360, I guess I'd lean - just a little - towards the XPS 600. But, only
    > just mind you.
    >
    > If only they bundled Freecell with the XBox 360...

    that notebook does not look very portable to me .... its very nice and
    all, but holy hell - imagine lugging that thing through a crowded
    airport .... or 'just grabbing' the notebook to take with you anywhere ...
    smf, Jan 6, 2006
  4. Shane

    Hank Guest

    Hmmm lets see here :

    1 hand - Dell XPS 600 $6000 NZD (approx)
    other hand - Xbox 360 $760 NZD (approx)

    Yeah so a $6000 PC system should provide better performance than a sub
    $800 game console. Whats the point of this post again?
    Hank, Jan 8, 2006