    how can he configure his notebook true mobile 1300"G" so he can use the
    hotel wifi?

    Thanks,

    Mike, Jun 16, 2004

  2. Mike

    Mike Guest

    Is there a wifi newsgroup out there?

    Mike

    "Mike" <> wrote in message
    news:XrOzc.49611$...
    > My boss has a Dell X300 notebook with, I think, a Dell True Mobile 1300

    "G"
    > WiFi card.
    > He complains when he goes to hotels w/ WIFI that it's very expensive and

    he
    > doesan't know how to configure
    > his notebook so he can use the hotel wifi.
    >
    > Two questions:
    >
    > is there a central source (website) to visit that'll show wifi hotspots

    for

    Mike, Jun 16, 2004

  3. Re: Dell True Mobile 1300"G" WiFi Card/Notebook and Hotel WiFi andWiFii Hot Spots

    alt.internet.wireless is close to being a "WiFi" group.

    Mike wrote:

    > Is there a wifi newsgroup out there?
    >
    > Mike

    <snip>

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Jun 16, 2004
  4. Mike

    mhicaoidh Guest

    Taking a moment's reflection, Mike mused:

    | He complains when he goes to hotels w/ WIFI that it's very expensive and
    | he doesan't know how to configure his notebook so he can use the hotel
    wifi.

    If it's expensive enough that he complains, why does he want to connect
    to them? Surely he doesn't think that he can just connect without the
    assistance of the people behind the desk and thus avoid being billed ...

    First listing of a Google search: http://www.wififreespot.com/

    | how can he configure his notebook true mobile 1300"G" so he can use the
    | hotel wifi?

    Depends on how the hotel has it configured. I'm sure the people at the
    hotel will gladly assist him, and likely he cannot connect without that
    assistance ... unless there are instructions in the room.

    mhicaoidh, Jun 16, 2004
  5. Mike

    Mike Guest

    already got the http://www.wififreespot.com link.