    If possible you can mail me at

    Thnx

    Vasav

    vasav, Oct 5, 2004

  2. vasav

    T-Bone Guest

    "vasav" <> wrote
    > I am a Delltech Support exec and just wanted to know
    > whether this exposure in troubleshooting the desktop
    > computer is enough for clearing the MCDST Exams.
    >
    > Appreciate any kinda suggestion/answer.
    > If possible you can mail me at

    I would hope that a Dell support technician would already know enough about
    Windows to pass the MCDST, but given my experience with Dell support, maybe
    not. So congrats for bettering yourself and to answer your question, check
    the skills assessment questions on the MS website.

    T-Bone
    MCNGP XL

    T-Bone, Oct 6, 2004

  3. vasav

    Jason Guest

    Keep in mind though, he said "Dell Support exec" which would make him
    managerial. The funny thing is that an exec would necessarily know MORE
    than a technician, as well as the means to determine whether troubleshooting
    experience can directly correlate to passing MCDST exams. If this guy
    really is a Dell exec, that's a sad commentary on the state of Dell
    Computers. (Sad, albeit not surprising).

    MCP, A+ (and MCDST forthcoming whenever I can get the time off to actually
    test out - stupid test centers are open 8-5 M-F around here. Hey
    dummies...that's business hours, student hours are like 10-7 with a weekend
    half day here and there...sheesh!)

    Jason, Oct 7, 2004
  4. vasav

    SJ Guest

    I really don't know what kind of explosure you get as a Dell tech, but
    some practice questions may help.

    You can do a google search for MCDST Practice Tests and take some
    practice tests (there are some good demos out there) and take some
    practice tests to see what you know compared to what's being asked and
    direct your studies from there.

    sj
    www.certquest.net

    SJ, Oct 7, 2004