    I have a dell p3, 733Mhz system with 256MB ram pc133, win2k. Does my
    system require proprietary ram? or can I just order something from future
    shop?

    lbbs, Jan 23, 2004

  2. It needs low-density RAM, but it's not proprietary.

    Edward J. Neth, Jan 23, 2004

  3. lbbs

    Harrison Guest

    www.crucial.com

    Harrison, Jan 23, 2004
  4. lbbs

    lbbs Guest

    someone told me that a non dell memory will not physically fit in the slot
    of a dell dimension computer.
    Also, how do you know if ram is low or high density (would the specs mention
    the density?).

    lbbs, Jan 23, 2004
  5. lbbs

    ICee Guest

    lbbs wrote:
    > someone told me that a non dell memory will not physically fit in the
    > slot of a dell dimension computer.

    Rubbish.

    > Also, how do you know if ram is low or high density (would the specs
    > mention the density?).

    Just use the memory selector at Crucial. It will tell you what type
    memory to use.
    www.crucial.com

    > "lbbs" <> wrote in message
    >> I have a dell p3, 733Mhz system with 256MB ram pc133, win2k. Does
    >> my system require proprietary ram? or can I just order something
    >> from future shop?

    Douglas Adams

    ICee, Jan 23, 2004
  6. lbbs

    George Bunn Guest

    www.offtek.co.uk are ok and cheap.

    George Bunn, Jan 23, 2004
  7. lbbs

    nemo2 Guest

    Ibbs,

    Dell's are very funny about ram, make sure that you use ram
    specifically for Dell either Crucial or Kingston.

    Even using Kingston ram specifically for a DEll GX150 I still had to
    re-install Win2K to get the machine running; before I reinstalled
    Win2K I got the blue screen of death on boot up.

    Regards

    nemo2

    nemo2, Jan 23, 2004
  8. lbbs

    DT Guest

    , Once upon a time in a land far away lbbs was alleged to have said:
    > someone told me that a non dell memory will not physically fit in the slot
    > of a dell dimension computer.
    > Also, how do you know if ram is low or high density (would the specs mention
    > the density?).
    >
    > "lbbs" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>I have a dell p3, 733Mhz system with 256MB ram pc133, win2k. Does my
    >>system require proprietary ram? or can I just order something from future
    >>shop?

    I bought generic RAM at BestBuy for my 4100. Popped in a second 256MB
    and it works fine. Some one is just trying to sell you expensive memory.

    --

    Alcohol and calculus don't mix. Never drink and derive.

    DT, Jan 24, 2004