    unknown error.

    It has been like this for several days now. Anyone else had problems with
    dell support website, or is it just me?
    JedMeister, Mar 1, 2005

  2. JedMeister

    Ryan Jacobs Guest

    "JedMeister" <> provided this moment
    of wisdom....

    >I've been trying to get to the dell support website. Firstly, it is showing
    >garbage characters - little square boxes for letters.
    >
    >Then randomly clicked the blue boxes, and got some other dell website with
    >more squares for letters. Then, noticed a drop down box with country names
    >was at the top of the screen, chose NZ then , I got a readable screen.
    >
    >I see they have a new 'register' function, so did this, but the entered all
    >my details, clicked OK and get ...
    >
    > Unknown error, Please try again later.
    >
    >So, clicked contact us, by phone option, and it asks you for the service tag
    >(why for **** sake???). So entered this , press enter and I get another
    >unknown error.
    >
    >It has been like this for several days now. Anyone else had problems with
    >dell support website, or is it just me?

    Yep. I've been having problems with that site on & off for 2 months.

    I finally found a contact page on the american site, and told them of
    the problems. The reply I got was astounding....

    Basiclly, the idiot said "I was an incompotent user". So, I checked
    the site on other people's computer's (just to make sure it wasn't my
    box). Other boxes - same problems. So, I fired off another email and
    told them that I just spent $20,000 NZ on laptops (originally trying
    to buy online from Dell) on alternate brands.

    Moral to the story - Dell's customer service and web design ability is
    absolutely garbage!

    Ryan Jacobs, Mar 1, 2005

  3. JedMeister

    SchoolTech Guest

    In article <VS6Vd.5646$> in nz.comp on Wed, 2
    Mar 2005 12:26:44 +1300, JedMeister <>
    says...
    > I've been trying to get to the dell support website. Firstly, it is showing
    > garbage characters - little square boxes for letters.

    Probably a foreign language (Asian) version of the site.
    SchoolTech, Mar 2, 2005
  4. JedMeister

    Gordon Guest

    On Wed, 02 Mar 2005 12:56:12 +1300, Ryan Jacobs wrote:

    > Moral to the story - Dell's customer service and web design ability is
    > absolutely garbage!

    No, surely it is Dell support is like any player who has a monolopy, or
    98% of the market.

    Launch all weapons at their wallet is the only fix.

    That is why I support small bussineses. I have the power to damage them
    thru telling people if they do not perform. I also recommend them if they
    deliver, but not to too many people. ;-)
    Gordon, Mar 2, 2005
  5. JedMeister

    Ryan Jacobs Guest

    Gordon <> provided this moment of wisdom....

    >On Wed, 02 Mar 2005 12:56:12 +1300, Ryan Jacobs wrote:
    >
    >> Moral to the story - Dell's customer service and web design ability is
    >> absolutely garbage!

    >No, surely it is Dell support is like any player who has a monolopy, or
    >98% of the market.

    Well, for someone that types utter garbage most of the time - you have
    totally outdone yourself this time. Dell DOES NOT (I REPEAT, DOES NOT)
    have a monopoly. And, Dell, DOES NOT (AGAIN, I REPEAT - DOES NOT) have
    98% of the market.

    What fucking planet are you on?

    Ryan Jacobs, Mar 2, 2005
  6. JedMeister

    Chris Mayhew Guest

    SchoolTech wrote:
    > In article <VS6Vd.5646$> in nz.comp on Wed, 2
    > Mar 2005 12:26:44 +1300, JedMeister <>
    > says...
    >
    >>I've been trying to get to the dell support website. Firstly, it is showing
    >>garbage characters - little square boxes for letters.

    > Probably a foreign language (Asian) version of the site.

    I tried typing www.dell.co.nz and arrived here

    http://www1.ap.dell.com/content/default.aspx?c=nz&l=en&s=gen

    All in english

    Dell support

    http://support.ap.dell.com/apjsite/home.aspx

    Goes to singapoure, in english and an Asian language but selecting "New
    Zealand" for the country take you to the right place.

    Chris Mayhew, Mar 2, 2005
  7. JedMeister

    Jedmeister Guest

    "Chris Mayhew" <> wrote in message
    > SchoolTech wrote:
    >> In article <VS6Vd.5646$> in nz.comp on Wed, 2
    >> Mar 2005 12:26:44 +1300, JedMeister <>
    >> says...
    >>
    >>>I've been trying to get to the dell support website. Firstly, it is
    >>>showing garbage characters - little square boxes for letters.

    >> Probably a foreign language (Asian) version of the site.
    >>

    > I tried typing www.dell.co.nz and arrived here
    >
    > http://www1.ap.dell.com/content/default.aspx?c=nz&l=en&s=gen
    >
    > All in english
    >
    > Dell support
    >
    > http://support.ap.dell.com/apjsite/home.aspx
    >
    > Goes to singapoure, in english and an Asian language but selecting "New
    > Zealand" for the country take you to the right place.

    Yes, the prob I had was on this site...
    http://support.ap.dell.com/apjsite/home.aspx

    And, i get...(in both firefox/ie6)...

    Welcome to Dell Asia Pacific Online Support

    ????????????
    Jedmeister, Mar 2, 2005
  8. JedMeister

    d Guest

    In article <VS6Vd.5646$>,
    says...
    > I've been trying to get to the dell support website. Firstly, it is showing
    > garbage characters - little square boxes for letters.

    I had a similar problem, I phoned them, and couldn't understand a bloody
    word they were saying.

    Maybe they moved their web development to india too?

    D.

    d, Mar 2, 2005
  9. JedMeister

    Jedmeister Guest

    "d" <> wrote in message
    > In article <VS6Vd.5646$>,
    > says...
    >> I've been trying to get to the dell support website. Firstly, it is
    >> showing
    >> garbage characters - little square boxes for letters.
    >>

    > I had a similar problem, I phoned them, and couldn't understand a bloody
    > word they were saying.
    >
    > Maybe they moved their web development to india too?
    >
    > D.

    > News==----
    > Newsgroups
    > =----

    Dells phone support voice system does not have an option for website issues.
    I got through to some guy, who kept asking for my machines service tag which
    was of no relevance to the website problem.
    Jedmeister, Mar 2, 2005
  10. JedMeister

    maz Guest

    "Jedmeister" <> wrote in message
    > "d" <> wrote in message
    > > In article <VS6Vd.5646$>,
    > > says...
    > >> I've been trying to get to the dell support website. Firstly, it is
    > >> showing
    > >> garbage characters - little square boxes for letters.
    > >>

    > > I had a similar problem, I phoned them, and couldn't understand a bloody
    > > word they were saying.
    > >
    > > Maybe they moved their web development to india too?
    > >
    > > D.

    > > News==----
    > > http://www.newsfeeds.com The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! 120,000+
    > > Newsgroups
    > > ----= East and West-Coast Server Farms - Total Privacy via Encryption
    > > =----

    > Dells phone support voice system does not have an option for website

    issues.
    > I got through to some guy, who kept asking for my machines service tag

    which
    > was of no relevance to the website problem.

    When you phone them they have flowchart that they have to follow. It is
    really annoying when the issue is something that doesn't follow the chart,
    as they don't know what to do, and it has to be escalated where they have to
    phone you back ' within the next 48 hours'. I don't like their system, as it
    is like talking to a computer and they are often difficult to understand dur
    to their accent, especially if you are elderly.
    maz, Mar 3, 2005
  11. JedMeister

    Chris Mayhew Guest

    Jedmeister wrote:
    > "Chris Mayhew" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>SchoolTech wrote:
    >>
    >>>In article <VS6Vd.5646$> in nz.comp on Wed, 2
    >>>Mar 2005 12:26:44 +1300, JedMeister <>
    >>>says...

    >>>Probably a foreign language (Asian) version of the site.
    >>>

    >>I tried typing www.dell.co.nz and arrived here
    >>
    >>http://www1.ap.dell.com/content/default.aspx?c=nz&l=en&s=gen
    >>
    >>All in english
    >>
    >>Dell support
    >>
    >>http://support.ap.dell.com/apjsite/home.aspx
    >>
    >>Goes to singapoure, in english and an Asian language but selecting "New
    >>Zealand" for the country take you to the right place.
    >>

    > Yes, the prob I had was on this site...
    > http://support.ap.dell.com/apjsite/home.aspx
    >
    > And, i get...(in both firefox/ie6)...
    >

    > Welcome to Dell Asia Pacific Online Support
    >
    > ????????????

    Yes, and you select the country you want (drop dowm list at the top of
    the page) and it redirects, at least it does in FF

    Singapoure is the regional office HQ that covers NZ

    Chris Mayhew, Mar 3, 2005
  12. JedMeister

    ...com Guest

    On Thu, 3 Mar 2005 16:48:58 +1300, "maz" <mazz****@slingshot.co.nz>
    wrote:

    >"Jedmeister" <> wrote in message
    >> "d" <> wrote in message
    >> > In article <VS6Vd.5646$>,
    >> > says...
    >> >>

    >> > I had a similar problem, I phoned them, and couldn't understand a bloody
    >> > word they were saying.
    >> >
    >> > Maybe they moved their web development to india too?
    >> >
    >> > D.

    >> > News==----
    >> > http://www.newsfeeds.com The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! 120,000+
    >> > Newsgroups
    >> > ----= East and West-Coast Server Farms - Total Privacy via Encryption
    >> > =----

    >> Dells phone support voice system does not have an option for website

    >issues.
    >> I got through to some guy, who kept asking for my machines service tag

    >which
    >> was of no relevance to the website problem.
    >>

    >When you phone them they have flowchart that they have to follow. It is
    >really annoying when the issue is something that doesn't follow the chart,
    >as they don't know what to do, and it has to be escalated where they have to
    >phone you back ' within the next 48 hours'. I don't like their system, as it
    >is like talking to a computer and they are often difficult to understand dur
    >to their accent, especially if you are elderly.

    Dell's customer service is a right pain...

    They touted their service on an advert over here running up to
    Christmas with this guy waking up in the middle of the night and
    calling them to ensure someone would be available 2/47.
    The call center person was a white american NOT an Indian!
    Now I bet under NZ law, if Dell pulled that one in NZ, they would be
    in breach of some truth in advertising act!

    Dell did return it's corporate business call centre back to the US
    after numerous complaints.

    Cath
    ...com, Mar 3, 2005
  13. JedMeister

    Chris Mayhew Guest

    Chris Mayhew wrote:
    > Jedmeister wrote:
    >
    >> "Chris Mayhew" <> wrote in
    >> message news:...

    >>> I tried typing www.dell.co.nz and arrived here
    >>>
    >>> http://www1.ap.dell.com/content/default.aspx?c=nz&l=en&s=gen
    >>>
    >>> All in english
    >>>
    >>> Dell support
    >>>
    >>> http://support.ap.dell.com/apjsite/home.aspx
    >>>
    >>> Goes to singapoure, in english and an Asian language but selecting
    >>> "New Zealand" for the country take you to the right place.
    >>>

    >> Yes, the prob I had was on this site...
    >> http://support.ap.dell.com/apjsite/home.aspx
    >>
    >> And, i get...(in both firefox/ie6)...
    >>

    >> Welcome to Dell Asia Pacific Online Support
    >>
    >> ????????????
    >>

    > Yes, and you select the country you want (drop dowm list at the top of
    > the page) and it redirects, at least it does in FF
    >
    > Singapoure is the regional office HQ that covers NZ

    Correction, you need to follow the link

    Welcome to Dell Asia Pacific Online Support which points to
    http://support.ap.dell.com/apjsite/index.aspx

    and then select the country you want

    Chris Mayhew, Mar 3, 2005
  14. JedMeister

    > Chris Mayhew wrote:
    >> Jedmeister wrote:
    >>
    >>> "Chris Mayhew" <> wrote in message

    >>> Yes, the prob I had was on this site...
    >>> http://support.ap.dell.com/apjsite/home.aspx
    >>>
    >>> And, i get...(in both firefox/ie6)...
    >>>

    >>> Welcome to Dell Asia Pacific Online Support
    >>>
    >>> ????????????
    >>>

    >> Yes, and you select the country you want (drop dowm list at the top of
    >> the page) and it redirects, at least it does in FF
    >>
    >> Singapoure is the regional office HQ that covers NZ
    >>

    > Correction, you need to follow the link
    >
    > Welcome to Dell Asia Pacific Online Support which points to
    > http://support.ap.dell.com/apjsite/index.aspx
    >
    > and then select the country you want
    >

    > --

    Thanks, I got there in the end. But, the first page presented wasn't in
    english so I just clicked the boxes, and then it took me to another page
    with boxes...but, in this page, in the top left hand corner was a drop down
    box where I was able to select new zealand. ....all fixed...but still seems
    poor for a company of dells reputation.
    Jedmeister, Mar 3, 2005