    know if the spec's are ok for it?

    Thanks
    Jojo!

    Jojo, Feb 19, 2004

  2. Jojo

    kpg Guest

    256 MB is a little light.

    kpg, Feb 19, 2004

  3. Jojo

    JaR Guest

    kpg opined, On 2/19/04 8:45 AM:

    > 256 MB is a little light.

    Was me I'd stuff in a gig. But another 256 stick would be minimum.

    JaR, Feb 19, 2004
  4. Jojo

    billyw Guest

    2 gig minimum...
    better still save money and build it yourself. use a high end PC board and
    you wont need to get daft memory.. go for 800Mhz FSB mobo

    billyw, Feb 19, 2004
  5. Jojo

    Jojo Guest

    It is 800Mhz FSB with Intel 875P chip set that supports
    Hyper Threading. DDR 400Mhz memory

    Jojo, Feb 19, 2004
  6. Jojo

    Kendal Emery Guest

    If it was me.... I would go for the new athelon 64, but that's me, and you
    are you.....

    like they said, more memory, it's cheap, and you need it.

    Kendal Emery, Feb 19, 2004
  7. Jojo

    Doug Scott Guest

    JaR,

    > Was me I'd stuff in a gig. But another 256 stick would be minimum.

    I'd go for a gig as well. I just got delivery of a Dell laptop for a
    friend, and I took the smallest disk with the biggest memory she could
    afford. It runs well, and she doesn't do graphics/music, so it'll keep
    her going for a while. Bill G will fill it up eventually, of course...

    ---

    Doug

    Doug Scott, Feb 19, 2004
  8. Jojo

    kpg Guest

    In my garage I'm working on one of these:

    CPU
    256 processors, in a parallel array running at a nice clip.
    The whole array should be able to computer a billion digit
    chunk of Pi every second or two.

    Memory
    256 Terabytes of .01 nanosecond cache (1 for each processor)
    2 Exabytes main memory at about .1 nanosecond response

    Storage
    Enough storage to hold the sum total of all human knowledge

    Display
    52" Diagonal Multi Layer LCD Screen running at about 300dpi
    horizontal and vertical. Call it about 15 layers deep for
    real 3D depth. Refresh @100hZ 2 Flanking 37" Diagonal
    Screens as above.

    Bandwidth
    System should have at least a 20 Gigabytes/sec connection to
    the world

    Input Devices
    Brainwave scanner why plug in when the electromagnetic singal
    can be read at a distance?

    kpg, Feb 19, 2004
  9. Jojo

    Jtyc Guest

    > In my garage I'm working on one of these:

    I'm putting up shelves in my garage.

    3/4 inch plywood with reinforced brackets...

    You know you wanted to know...

    Jtyc, Feb 19, 2004
  10. Jojo

    kpg Guest

    > 3/4 inch plywood with reinforced brackets...

    Nice. Good and sturdy. Don, are you listening?

    kpg, Feb 19, 2004
  11. Jojo

    JaR Guest

    kpg opined, On 2/19/04 2:15 PM:
    > In my garage I'm working on one of these:
    >
    > CPU
    > 256 processors, in a parallel array running at a nice clip.
    > The whole array should be able to computer a billion digit
    > chunk of Pi every second or two.
    >
    > Memory
    > 256 Terabytes of .01 nanosecond cache (1 for each processor)
    > 2 Exabytes main memory at about .1 nanosecond response
    >
    > Storage
    > Enough storage to hold the sum total of all human knowledge
    >
    > Display
    > 52" Diagonal Multi Layer LCD Screen running at about 300dpi
    > horizontal and vertical. Call it about 15 layers deep for
    > real 3D depth. Refresh @100hZ 2 Flanking 37" Diagonal
    > Screens as above.
    >
    > Bandwidth
    > System should have at least a 20 Gigabytes/sec connection to
    > the world
    >
    > Input Devices
    > Brainwave scanner why plug in when the electromagnetic singal
    > can be read at a distance?

    Oooohh Saweeeet!!!

    Whaddya think she'll do inna quarter mile?

    JaR
    Thug #E=MC2

    JaR, Feb 19, 2004
  12. Jojo

    billyw Guest

    bet you can get the stuff cheaper and use sata drives into the bargain.
    raptors are nearly as quick as scsi and not near the cost.
    got a company (10 clients) running on intel high end PC mobo, twin raptors
    raid 1 and P4 2.6 with no problems. running sbs 2k3 std.. no strain on the
    server at all

    billyw, Feb 19, 2004
  13. Jojo

    billyw Guest

    why put up shelves the quake and the caldera will only knowck dem down

    billyw, Feb 19, 2004
  14. Jojo

    Jtyc Guest

    > why put up shelves the quake and the caldera will only knowck dem down

    I need a place for my emergency earthquake kit.

    Jtyc, Feb 20, 2004
  15. Jojo

    JaR Guest

    billyw opined, On 2/19/04 3:55 PM:

    > why put up shelves the quake and the caldera will only knowck dem down

    Umm, I have sneaky feeling that you think Yellowstone is close to
    California. It's about as close to him as Munich is to you.

    JaR
    Geographic Thug

    JaR, Feb 20, 2004
  16. Jojo

    billyw Guest

    scuse me... i have an idea of distance and munich isn't that far away from
    me.. well as the caldera flies/blows.
    i'm aware of where yellowstone is in relation to calif.

    colonials

    billyw, Feb 20, 2004
  17. Dear Mr. John Nash,

    We are in urgent need of your latest report. Our intelligence shows much
    movement on the front. Please contact us immediately to let us know of your
    status. If you are in need of more resources, anything you need is at our
    disposal. The situation is urgent.

    Sincerely,

    --
    Politician Spock
    Thug #24601

    Politician Spock, Feb 20, 2004
  18. Jojo

    Jtyc Guest

    > me.. well as the caldera flies/blows.
    > i'm aware of where yellowstone is in relation to calif.

    Ah but the winds blow easterly... again... no problems mate.

    bloody redcoats...

    Jtyc, Feb 20, 2004
  19. Jojo

    billyw Guest

    americans can't use the word mate..
    you put the emphasis in all the wrong places

    billyw, Feb 20, 2004
  20. Jojo

    Jtyc Guest

    > americans can't use the word mate..
    > you put the emphasis in all the wrong places

    Aye mate. Although I don't know how you can hear the emphasis I'm putting
    on the word "mate".

    Jtyc, Feb 20, 2004