    stand for on this computer? The manuals tell me that these
    are diagnostic lights, but doesn't tell me what the lights stand for.
    I have no idea what part of the computer is having a problem.

    Keith, Oct 18, 2005

  2. Keith

    Toolman Tim Guest

    Keith wrote:
    > What peripherials do the diagnostic lights A, B, C, D
    > stand for on this computer? The manuals tell me that these
    > are diagnostic lights, but doesn't tell me what the lights stand for.
    > I have no idea what part of the computer is having a problem.

    What makes you think the computer is having a problem? On the Dell system I
    have, the diagnostics lights are always on.

    like an idiot.

    Toolman Tim, Oct 18, 2005

  3. Keith

    why? Guest

    x-post trimmed to 24HSHD from

    On 18 Oct 2005 03:06:58 GMT, Keith wrote:

    > What peripherials do the diagnostic lights A, B, C, D

    You didn't bother looking did you?

    >stand for on this computer? The manuals tell me that these
    >are diagnostic lights, but doesn't tell me what the lights stand for.

    It's in the manual , 2 minutes www.google.com or about the same
    http://support.dell.com/

    Dell™ OptiPlex™ GX240 Systems User's Guide
    Solving Problems
    Finding Solutions
    Dell Diagnostics
    ---> Messages and Codes
    Software Problems

    leads to
    http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/systems/opgx240/en/ug/problems.htm#1105025

    If you can't work the Dell support site, as usual www.google.com finds a
    copy and the manual at Dell as expected.

    http://www.mss.net/Links/DellDocs/OptiGX240/UserGuide/problems.htm
    http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/systems/opgx240/en/ug/problems.htm

    >I have no idea what part of the computer is having a problem.

    What problem are you having.

    Oddly enough you didn't bother saying what LED is which color. A
    distinct lack of information in any problem solving issue.

    Me

    why?, Oct 18, 2005