    I'm new to computing and dont know where to start or what to do.

    Can anyone help please ?

    Thx
    Red Born And Bred, Sep 22, 2004

  2. Red Born And Bred

    Andy Kelly Guest

    > Hi,
    > I've just been given a Dell Optiplex GX110, which has been formatted and
    > windows 98se has been installed.
    >
    > However, I cannot find the drivers for the following things :-
    >
    > 1. PCI Communication Device
    > 2. PCI Multimedia Audio Device
    > 3. Unknown Device
    >
    > I'm new to computing and dont know where to start or what to do.
    >
    > Can anyone help please ?

    Start here:

    http://support.euro.dell.com/uk/en/filelib/system.asp?sid=PLX_PNT_P03_GX110
    Andy Kelly, Sep 22, 2004

  3. Red Born And Bred

    Timberwolf Guest

    "Red Born And Bred" <> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    > I've just been given a Dell Optiplex GX110, which has been formatted and
    > windows 98se has been installed.
    >
    > However, I cannot find the drivers for the following things :-
    >
    > 1. PCI Communication Device
    > 2. PCI Multimedia Audio Device
    > 3. Unknown Device
    >
    > I'm new to computing and dont know where to start or what to do.
    >
    > Can anyone help please ?
    >
    > Thx

    What you need should be here

    http://support.euro.dell.com/uk/en/filelib/system.asp?sid=PLX_PNT_P03_GX110

    hth

    Timberwolf
    Timberwolf, Sep 22, 2004
  4. Red Born And Bred

    Timberwolf Guest

    "Timberwolf" <> wrote in message

    > "Red Born And Bred" <> wrote in message
    >> Hi,
    >> I've just been given a Dell Optiplex GX110, which has been formatted and
    >> windows 98se has been installed.
    >>
    >> However, I cannot find the drivers for the following things :-
    >>
    >> 1. PCI Communication Device
    >> 2. PCI Multimedia Audio Device
    >> 3. Unknown Device
    >>
    >> I'm new to computing and dont know where to start or what to do.
    >>
    >> Can anyone help please ?
    >>
    >> Thx

    > What you need should be here
    >
    > http://support.euro.dell.com/uk/en/filelib/system.asp?sid=PLX_PNT_P03_GX110
    >
    > hth
    >
    > Timberwolf

    Ok for some reason the link will not take you direct to the page

    click link
    click home and office
    click do no know service tag
    select model from dropdown

    all the drivers you need

    hth
    Timberwolf
    Timberwolf, Sep 22, 2004
  5. Red Born And Bred

    why? Guest

    On 22 Sep 2004 21:52:53 GMT, Red Born And Bred wrote:

    >Hi,
    >I've just been given a Dell Optiplex GX110, which has been formatted and
    >windows 98se has been installed.
    >
    >However, I cannot find the drivers for the following things :-

    <snip>

    The service tag was mentioned earlier, along with selecting I do not
    know service tag. Instead of that try -

    If you enter the service tag on the support page, you get some machine
    history and a web page with support info geared for that PC.

    www.dell.co.uk
    Service & Support
    Online Technical Support
    My Dell.

    Then the text is -
    Your Service Tag is a unique five- to seven-digit alphanumeric (letter
    and number) code, which is found on a white bar-coded label affixed to
    your system.

    By entering your Service Tag you will receive a more customised support
    experience.

    Me
    why?, Sep 22, 2004
  6. Red Born And Bred

    Plato Guest

    Red Born And Bred wrote:

    > However, I cannot find the drivers for the following things :-
    >
    > 1. PCI Communication Device
    > 2. PCI Multimedia Audio Device
    > 3. Unknown Device

    Sound card and modem.
    Plato, Sep 23, 2004
  7. Red Born And Bred

    LiGhTnInG Guest

    "Plato" <|@|.|> wrote in message
    > Red Born And Bred wrote:
    > >
    > > However, I cannot find the drivers for the following things :-
    > >
    > > 1. PCI Communication Device
    > > 2. PCI Multimedia Audio Device
    > > 3. Unknown Device

    > Sound card and modem.