Dell notebook(s) quick question

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Plato, Jun 10, 2007.

  1. Plato

    Plato Guest

    Scratch wrote:

    > I was wondering if the reason Dell sells its notebook/desktop PCs at
    > cheap or reasonble/affordable prices is being the customer
    > support/repair services aren't good compared to others?
    >
    > I noticed repair service has been awful for the last few times...

    I recently bought a Dell laptop for real cheap in the business section
    of their page. It was cheap, but very heavy and slow. I got what I paid
    for but that's all I needed for email and a little www browsing.

    --
    http://www.bootdisk.com/

    Plato, Jun 10, 2007

  2. Plato

    Daave Guest

    Plato wrote:
    > Scratch wrote:
    >>
    >> I was wondering if the reason Dell sells its notebook/desktop PCs at
    >> cheap or reasonble/affordable prices is being the customer
    >> support/repair services aren't good compared to others?
    >>
    >> I noticed repair service has been awful for the last few times...

    > I recently bought a Dell laptop for real cheap in the business section
    > of their page. It was cheap, but very heavy and slow. I got what I
    > paid for but that's all I needed for email and a little www browsing.

    Heavy I can understand, but slow? Which model, and which OS? What are
    the specs?

    Daave, Jun 10, 2007

  3. Plato

    Carl Katz Guest

    The Dimension (desktop) and Inspiron (notebook) are for home users. The
    business line (Optiplex/Precision) desktops and (Latitude) notebooks have a
    better class of service.

    Carl Katz, Jun 10, 2007
  4. Plato

    Chas Guest

    Scratch, Jun 10, 2007
  6. Plato

    WhzzKdd Guest

    "Carl Katz" <> wrote in message
    > The Dimension (desktop) and Inspiron (notebook) are for home users. The
    > business line (Optiplex/Precision) desktops and (Latitude) notebooks have
    > a better class of service.

    Although businesses (like where I work) who choose the Dimension and
    Inspiron products get the same level of service. Dell has never been a
    problem for me when we needed replacement parts or repair.

    WhzzKdd, Jun 10, 2007