    around the country each with a large stock of spare parts, so they can
    provide this service. If so, how many technicians and how many spare
    parts does that equate to? Any idea? Thanks.
    darkknight, Nov 28, 2006

  2. darkknight

    Blue Guest

    On Wed, 29 Nov 2006 11:11:59 +1300, darkknight wrote:

    > Dell have a next business day parts & labour warranty. I am
    > wondering, does that mean they have repair technicians arranged all
    > around the country each with a large stock of spare parts, so they can
    > provide this service. If so, how many technicians and how many spare
    > parts does that equate to? Any idea? Thanks.

    Nope. From somewhere in Asia they will airfreight your part which you
    require but is seldom needed.
    Blue, Nov 29, 2006

  3. darkknight

    Tony Guest

    Parts turn up overnight from Auckland, it's always works for me without
    an issue (business systems).

    Tony, Nov 29, 2006
  4. darkknight

    darkknight Guest

    On Wed, 29 Nov 2006 17:35:30 +1300, Tony
    <> wrote:

    >Parts turn up overnight from Auckland, it's always works for me without
    >an issue (business systems).
    >
    >darkknight wrote:
    >>
    >> Dell have a next business day parts & labour warranty. I am
    >> wondering, does that mean they have repair technicians arranged all
    >> around the country each with a large stock of spare parts, so they can
    >> provide this service. If so, how many technicians and how many spare
    >> parts does that equate to? Any idea? Thanks.

    So what does a "limited next business day on-site warranty" actually
    mean. How do they diagnose the fault and replace the part - do they
    have technicians all round the country, or do you have to send the PC
    away.
    darkknight, Nov 29, 2006