    machine up yet and have a look, there must be a standard board they use, i
    have pentium4 3.2Ghz if that helps.

    Mark
    Mark, Feb 14, 2004

  2. Mark

    ICee Guest

    Mark wrote:
    > I have a dell dimension 8300 bought in the Uk in October last year,
    > does anyone have any ideas what motherboard is fitted. I dont want to
    > open machine up yet and have a look, there must be a standard board
    > they use, i have pentium4 3.2Ghz if that helps.
    >
    > Mark

    Use Belarc Advisor, or Aida32, to find info on all the hardware in the
    system (including the MB):

    http://www.aida32.hu/aida-download.php?bit=32
    ICee, Feb 14, 2004

  3. Mark

    Sultan Guest

    http://www.support.dell.com and look it up.

    Sultan, Feb 14, 2004
  4. Howdy!

    "Mark" <me@here> wrote in message
    > I have a dell dimension 8300 bought in the Uk in October last year, does
    > anyone have any ideas what motherboard is fitted. I dont want to open
    > machine up yet and have a look, there must be a standard board they use, i
    > have pentium4 3.2Ghz if that helps.

    It's a Dell motherboard.

    See, Dell fucks up ... err, "has an alternative wiring scheme" for
    the ATX connector, so a standard board only lets smoke out of the board and
    the PSU both.

    So, it's a Dell board. Period.

    RwP
    Ralph Wade Phillips, Feb 15, 2004
  5. Mark

    Professor Guest

    This motherboard is made for the chipset and I don't know if there are
    others but it might be this one:Intel's D875PBZ motherboard

    Professor, Feb 28, 2004
  6. Dell use bespoke mobos only fitted to Dells and made especially for them.
    Even using "normal" 40 and 80 pin IDE leads can be problematic.

    eric the seal, Feb 28, 2004
  7. Mark

    Paul - xxx Guest

    Mark posted ...

    > I have a dell dimension 8300 bought in the Uk in October last year,
    > does anyone have any ideas what motherboard is fitted. I dont want to
    > open machine up yet and have a look, there must be a standard board
    > they use, i have pentium4 3.2Ghz if that helps.

    Unfortunately Dell has reverted back to using it's own brand of boards that
    are mostly incompatible with standard
    off-the-shelf-at-a-local-computer-store motherboards .. Unless you're very
    lucky.

    Check the Dell wbsite and your documentation for greater details ..

    --
    Paul

    (8(|) Homer rocks .. ;)
    Paul - xxx, Feb 28, 2004