    gap where I was 'wired' and didn't try out the wireless capability. It is
    possible that an update is the culprit?

    fybar

    fybar, Dec 13, 2005

  2. fybar wrote:
    > I have a Dell d800 that is having connection problems with my WRT54GS
    > Linksys router. I have a couple of other computers with wireless cabablity
    > that are not having any difficulty so I don't think it is the router. For
    > the sake of testing I disabled the encryption on the router which will be
    > reconfigured as soon as I get this working reliably.
    >
    > Basically the connection will just cut out. I will be surfing, getting
    > pretty good throughput, then I will get messages asking me if I want to
    > work offline from IE.
    >
    > Previously I wasn't having any problems. Two months ago I was using my
    > Dell wirelessly at a friend's place, same router, but there was a two month
    > gap where I was 'wired' and didn't try out the wireless capability. It is
    > possible that an update is the culprit?

    Have you tried turning off Wireless Zero Configuration?

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Dec 13, 2005

  3. fybar

    Phil Ardussi Guest

    I've had the same problem with the same Linksys Model.

    How do you turn off Wireless Zero Configuration?

    Phil Ardussi, Dec 13, 2005
  4. fybar

    fybar Guest

    "Phil Ardussi" <> wrote in
    > "Rôgêr" <> wrote in message
    >> fybar wrote:
    >>> I have a Dell d800 that is having connection problems with my
    >>> WRT54GS Linksys router. I have a couple of other computers with
    >>> wireless cabablity that are not having any difficulty so I don't
    >>> think it is the router. For the sake of testing I disabled the
    >>> encryption on the router which will be reconfigured as soon as I get
    >>> this working reliably.
    >>>
    >>> Basically the connection will just cut out. I will be surfing,
    >>> getting pretty good throughput, then I will get messages asking me
    >>> if I want to work offline from IE.
    >>>
    >>> Previously I wasn't having any problems. Two months ago I was using
    >>> my Dell wirelessly at a friend's place, same router, but there was a
    >>> two month gap where I was 'wired' and didn't try out the wireless
    >>> capability. It is possible that an update is the culprit?

    >> Have you tried turning off Wireless Zero Configuration?

    > I've had the same problem with the same Linksys Model.
    >
    > How do you turn off Wireless Zero Configuration?

    I did that and it worked. One of the ways to turn it off:

    Start > Control Panel > Administrative Tools > Services

    Find Wireless Zero Configuration in the list of services and right click
    on it. Then select stop. This will stop it.

    I did this and then had to go through a different kind of network setup
    wizard to get wirelesss up, but it worked, no drop outs. So, now that I
    am pretty sure that this was the problem, I right clicked on Wireless
    Zero Configuration again and chose properties. There is a drop down list
    on the General tab that is labelled as Startup type and I changed it from
    Automatic to Disabled. I think that should do it.

    Thanks Rog!

    fybar

    fybar, Dec 13, 2005