    itself. I ran the dell diagnostics and it says everything is fine.
    What could be causing this? Thanks

    , Jan 3, 2008

  2. meerkat Guest

    <> wrote in message
    news:...
    >I have been using this Dell Latitude D610 for the last 2 years.
    > Whenever I run full virus scan using symantec or use photoshop or play
    > music from an external hard drive the computer heats up and shuts down
    > itself. I ran the dell diagnostics and it says everything is fine.
    > What could be causing this?

    Thanks
    Often caused by being clogged up with dust/muck around
    the heatsink/s and fan/s.
    Or breakdown of thermal contact on the CPU/heatsink.
    Time for investigation.

    meerkat, Jan 3, 2008

  3. Meat Plow Guest

    On Thu, 03 Jan 2008 09:45:19 +0000, meerkat wrote:

    > <> wrote in message
    >>I have been using this Dell Latitude D610 for the last 2 years.
    >> Whenever I run full virus scan using symantec or use photoshop or play
    >> music from an external hard drive the computer heats up and shuts down
    >> itself. I ran the dell diagnostics and it says everything is fine.
    >> What could be causing this?

    > Thanks
    > Often caused by being clogged up with dust/muck around
    > the heatsink/s and fan/s.
    > Or breakdown of thermal contact on the CPU/heatsink.
    > Time for investigation.

    Laptops are notorious for sucking up dust and fibers from fabrics.
    Happened to one of my laptops after my kid used it.

    Meat Plow, Jan 3, 2008
  4. Plato Guest

    wrote:

    > I have been using this Dell Latitude D610 for the last 2 years.
    > Whenever I run full virus scan using symantec or use photoshop or play
    > music from an external hard drive the computer heats up and shuts down
    > itself. I ran the dell diagnostics and it says everything is fine.
    > What could be causing this? Thanks

    The PC/laptop is overheating.

    --
    http://www.bootdisk.com/