    there still was the unknown network controller listed in the Device manager.
    Somebody knows what this device could be? Thanks.

    Sab.
    Sab, Feb 16, 2004

  2. Sab

    Budweiser Guest

    "Sab" <> wrote in message
    news:ikWXb.30084$...
    > Hi
    > A friend of mine is having trouble reinstalling his laptop because he lost
    > the cds with all the drivers!
    > He managed to find most of the drivers on the Dell web site and install
    > almost all the devices listed with the interrogation point in the Device
    > Manager. But he can't find out what the last one is; there's a "network
    > controller"; he already installed the NIC (Broadcom Ethernet 10/100/1000).
    > He thought maybe it was a wireless device (like the Intel miniPCI I saw in
    > the components list on the web) but when he installed the driver for that,
    > there still was the unknown network controller listed in the Device

    manager.
    > Somebody knows what this device could be? Thanks.
    >
    > Sab.

    try the blue tooth drivers---assuming you are on xp
    http://support.dell.com/filelib/Devices.aspx?Category=0&OS=WW1 &OSL=EN&SvcT
    ag=&SysID=LAT_PNT_PM_D600

    or win 2k
    http://support.dell.com/filelib/Devices.aspx?Category=0&OS=WNT5 &OSL=EN&SvcT
    ag=&SysID=LAT_PNT_PM_D600

    basic homepage ---downloads are on the lefthand side
    http://support.dell.com/home.aspx
    Budweiser, Feb 16, 2004

  3. Sab

    Jos Kampes Guest

    On the bottom of my Dell there is a 'Service Tag'. When you fill that in on
    the Dell website, they can tell you what drivers are needed for that laptop.

    Jos Kampes, Feb 16, 2004
  4. Sab

    Sab Guest

    Hi
    It seems to be a TrueMobile driver but I tried several and they all worked,
    so I don't know which one to keep! Any idea? Thx.

    Sab

    Sab, Feb 16, 2004
  5. Sab

    Sab Guest

    Hi
    Where is that service tag? I can't seem to find it.

    Sab, Feb 16, 2004
  6. Sab

    Budweiser Guest

    "Sab" <> wrote in message
    > Hi
    > It seems to be a TrueMobile driver but I tried several and they all

    worked,
    > so I don't know which one to keep! Any idea? Thx.
    >
    > Sab
    >

    > "Budweiser" <> wrote in message
    > >
    > > "Sab" <> wrote in message
    > > > Hi
    > > > A friend of mine is having trouble reinstalling his laptop because he

    > lost
    > > > the cds with all the drivers!
    > > > He managed to find most of the drivers on the Dell web site and

    install
    > > > almost all the devices listed with the interrogation point in the

    Device
    > > > Manager. But he can't find out what the last one is; there's a

    "network
    > > > controller"; he already installed the NIC (Broadcom Ethernet

    > 10/100/1000).
    > > > He thought maybe it was a wireless device (like the Intel miniPCI I

    saw
    > in
    > > > the components list on the web) but when he installed the driver for

    > that,
    > > > there still was the unknown network controller listed in the Device

    > > manager.
    > > > Somebody knows what this device could be? Thanks.
    > > >
    > > > Sab.
    > > >

    > > try the blue tooth drivers---assuming you are on xp

    http://support.dell.com/filelib/Devices.aspx?Category=0&OS=WW1 &OSL=EN&SvcT
    > > ag=&SysID=LAT_PNT_PM_D600
    > >
    > > or win 2k

    http://support.dell.com/filelib/Devices.aspx?Category=0&OS=WNT5 &OSL=EN&SvcT
    > > ag=&SysID=LAT_PNT_PM_D600
    > >
    > > basic homepage ---downloads are on the lefthand side
    > > http://support.dell.com/home.aspx

    You tried several and they all worked??---Try this:-
    Create some new folders somewhere you can remember--put one driver in each
    file,might be good to name the files aswell,driver 1 etc
    Uninstall the problem device in device manager--reboot--device found--need
    driver-choose location-driver located at----yada1/yada2 etc
    Budweiser, Feb 19, 2004
  7. Sab

    Sab Guest

    "Budweiser" <> wrote in message

    > "Sab" <> wrote in message
    > > Hi
    > > It seems to be a TrueMobile driver but I tried several and they all

    > worked,
    > > so I don't know which one to keep! Any idea? Thx.
    > >
    > > Sab
    > >

    > > "Budweiser" <> wrote in message
    > > >
    > > > "Sab" <> wrote in message

    he
    > > lost

    > install

    > Device

    > "network

    > > 10/100/1000).

    > saw
    > > in

    > > that,
    > > > manager.

    > > > try the blue tooth drivers---assuming you are on xp

    http://support.dell.com/filelib/Devices.aspx?Category=0&OS=WW1 &OSL=EN&SvcT
    > > > ag=&SysID=LAT_PNT_PM_D600
    > > >
    > > > or win 2k

    http://support.dell.com/filelib/Devices.aspx?Category=0&OS=WNT5 &OSL=EN&SvcT
    > > > ag=&SysID=LAT_PNT_PM_D600
    > > >
    > > > basic homepage ---downloads are on the lefthand side
    > > > http://support.dell.com/home.aspx
    > > >

    > You tried several and they all worked??---Try this:-
    > Create some new folders somewhere you can remember--put one driver in each
    > file,might be good to name the files aswell,driver 1 etc
    > Uninstall the problem device in device manager--reboot--device found--need
    > driver-choose location-driver located at----yada1/yada2 etc

    I can't use this method because the drivers are exe files.
    Sab, Feb 19, 2004
  8. Sab

    pizzapaul

    Joined:
    Nov 28, 2007
    Messages:
    1
    I was having problems installing the network controller on my dell latitude d600.
    I was able to resolve by doing the following:
    1. update bios to a16
    2. In the bios under wireless configuration make sure to
    set the minipci device to wireless
    set the minipci status to enabled
    set the wireless control to fn+f2/application
    set wireless to on
    3. Goto dell.com under latitude d600/drivers/downloads/network
    and install the intel driver for the (R) pro/wireless 2100 lan minipci adaptor
    Good luck !!!!!!!!!!!

    pizzapaul, Nov 28, 2007