    cannot access the data without correct password. It then asks that I type
    "primary or administration password". I have neither of these as I bought
    laptop used with no paperwork. Please Help!

    Andrew Price, Dec 12, 2003

  2. Andrew Price

    Harrison Guest

    Contact the previous owner regarding the BIOS password.

    Harrison, Dec 12, 2003

  3. Andrew Price

    Brian H¹© Guest

    Andrew Price said:

    > Dear All
    > My Dell Latitude Laptop won't boot up and is displaying a white screen with
    > message saying it is protected by a password authentication system, and I
    > cannot access the data without correct password. It then asks that I type
    > "primary or administration password". I have neither of these as I bought
    > laptop used with no paperwork. Please Help!

    Have you considered asking the person you bought it from?

    Brian H¹©, Dec 12, 2003
  4. Hi.

    As with all computers there is a cmos battery. if you feel like taking you
    laptop apart you can remove the battery for 24 hours and then it will be
    cleared remember to remove the computer battery as well.

    However dell support might have a easier way to clear it.

    Patrick Foley, Dec 12, 2003
  5. Andrew Price

    ImhoTech Guest

    "Patrick Foley" <> wrote in message
    > Hi.
    >
    > As with all computers there is a cmos battery.

    Um no..not all computers.
    > if you feel like taking you
    > laptop apart

    If he was capable of safely disassembling and reassembling the computer, he
    probably would have done it already or who have enough knowledge to do a bit
    of research and realize there was no point.

    >you can remove the battery for 24 hours and then it will be
    > cleared remember to remove the computer battery as well.

    No, it won't be.

    > However dell support might have a easier way to clear it.

    Maybe. But they probably won't share that information with anyone but the
    registered original owner.

    ImhoTech, Dec 12, 2003
  6. Andrew Price

    Jeff Smith Guest

    "ImhoTech" <> wrote in message

    > "Patrick Foley" <> wrote in message
    > > Hi.
    > >
    > > As with all computers there is a cmos battery.

    > Um no..not all computers.

    Hmm... I don't know if i believe that...... unless its a compaq? They used
    to put part of the bios on the hard drive. but it still needs some kind of
    battery, other wise it won't keep time..

    > > if you feel like taking you
    > > laptop apart

    > If he was capable of safely disassembling and reassembling the computer,

    he
    > probably would have done it already or who have enough knowledge to do a

    bit
    > of research and realize there was no point.

    he should look under the battery pack, thats where its always been for me on
    the two laptop's i have owned
    but yeah if he is asking the quesiton it might not be a good idea to remove
    it.

    Jeff Smith, Dec 13, 2003