    PC's they p**s me off at times, but you got to love them :)

    thanks for any help

    Gordon

    Soundbytes, Apr 25, 2008

  2. Soundbytes

    joevan Guest

    On Fri, 25 Apr 2008 19:03:33 GMT, "Soundbytes" <>
    wrote:

    >My Wife dropped her laptop, Dell came and fixed it, new screen and dvd
    >writer, all is well apart from when she turns it on and windows loads, she
    >gets a message asking to install the drivers for the DVD writer, then it
    >can't find any (as none were supplied). the thing is, the DVD writer works,
    >there is nothing wrong with it, what I want to put right is the annoying
    >message at start up to install the drivers for something that is already
    >installed and working, it doesn't even show up in the hardware manager as
    >not installed, it's there it works, HELP :)
    >
    >PC's they p**s me off at times, but you got to love them :)
    >
    >thanks for any help
    >
    >Gordon

    Maybe delete the driver and then reinstalling. Might that satisfy an
    idiot machine.

    joevan, Apr 25, 2008

  3. Soundbytes

    Soundbytes Guest

    wrote:

    >My Wife dropped her laptop, Dell came and fixed it, new screen and dvd
    >writer, all is well apart from when she turns it on and windows loads, she
    >gets a message asking to install the drivers for the DVD writer, then it
    >can't find any (as none were supplied). the thing is, the DVD writer works,
    >there is nothing wrong with it, what I want to put right is the annoying
    >message at start up to install the drivers for something that is already
    >installed and working, it doesn't even show up in the hardware manager as
    >not installed, it's there it works, HELP :)
    >
    >PC's they p**s me off at times, but you got to love them :)
    >
    >thanks for any help
    >
    >Gordon

    Maybe delete the driver and then reinstalling. Might that satisfy an
    idiot machine.

    Thanks but tried it, still pops up after restart :-(

    Soundbytes, Apr 25, 2008
  4. Soundbytes

    joevan Guest

    On Fri, 25 Apr 2008 20:52:51 GMT, "Soundbytes" <>
    wrote:

    >"joevan" <> wrote in message
    >On Fri, 25 Apr 2008 19:03:33 GMT, "Soundbytes" <>
    >wrote:
    >
    >>My Wife dropped her laptop, Dell came and fixed it, new screen and dvd
    >>writer, all is well apart from when she turns it on and windows loads, she
    >>gets a message asking to install the drivers for the DVD writer, then it
    >>can't find any (as none were supplied). the thing is, the DVD writer works,
    >>there is nothing wrong with it, what I want to put right is the annoying
    >>message at start up to install the drivers for something that is already
    >>installed and working, it doesn't even show up in the hardware manager as
    >>not installed, it's there it works, HELP :)
    >>
    >>PC's they p**s me off at times, but you got to love them :)
    >>
    >>thanks for any help
    >>
    >>Gordon
    >>

    >Maybe delete the driver and then reinstalling. Might that satisfy an
    >idiot machine.
    >
    >Thanks but tried it, still pops up after restart :-(

    Call dell and ask them. They were the last ones inside were they not.

    joevan, Apr 25, 2008